Customer Service 866.965.0400

How do I know when I'm ready for the flex?

ChargerMatt

Question

17 answers to this question

The first time I used PC I was ready for a Flex. Nothing wrong with a PC of course. I find the Flex much easier to use myself. I use the PC with the 4 inch pads mostly. Except for applying sealant. I'll probably pick up another PC so I don't have to change the backing plate all the time.

Is the Flex polisher the same as the DEWALT rotary buffer ??? Can I use S&H remover with my rotary buffer and will it take the scratches out in half the time?

The Flex that Adam's sells is between a PC and a rotary. It is a random orbit, dual action polisher, but it has forced rotation, which adds the extra 'power'. A real rotary will still work faster than the Flex, but it is not for everyone, especially a beginner.

You should be able to use SHR with a rotary.

Guest Gone & Forgotten

I want a Flex and have had one in my cart for some time now. After seeing what someone did with a drill and the focus pads to the same car I have - I'm concerned about burning my clear.

My wife's Mustang has a harder clear coat on it. I'd be okay on that. I may hook up with Len (My local Adam's guy) and have him put his Flex to my paint for a minute to show me some things.

As I keep saying "after Vegas"....

BMW is more american then Daimler Chrysler since they design and build the x3/x5 here and build all 3 series

Audi @ MB don't use chinese made crap like the "American Companies"

And the most ironic thing is Nissan and Toyota are more American then GM and ford combined since most design and manufacturing comes from us.

So a flex would be useful for when I key your car for supporting china :jester::patriot:

Back on topic according to Dylan and others I'm ready for the flex. :D the budget is another issue :(

---

I am here: Google Maps

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

And where does the profit go?

You mean to fix the key scratch I put in it for not buying American? :patriot:

BMW is more american then Daimler Chrysler since they design and build the x3/x5 here and build all 3 series

Audi @ MB don't use chinese made crap like the "American Companies"

And the most ironic thing is Nissan and Toyota are more American then GM and ford combined since most design and manufacturing comes from us.

So a flex would be useful for when I key your car for supporting china :jester::patriot:

Back on topic according to Dylan and others I'm ready for the flex. :D the budget is another issue :(

---

I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=39.730245,-75.114678

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

When you want to get thru polishing faster.

When you have multiple cars to care for.

When you are detailing for others (friends/family/customers)

When you're doing correction of more serious paint defects.

When your budget is such that you can afford it.

and when you have a black car. :D

Archived