Customer Service 866.965.0400

FAQ - "How do I remove water spots?"

• 2 months later...

I hate water spots! I can remove them with clay or sometimes a very light polish via hand application, but every time I finish detailing my car, I can see them on different panels. It seems you cannot get your car to PERFECT all the time.

• 1 month later...

I have etching on my hood, this weekend I used SSR, SHR, FMSS, with my Porter Cable. Got 93% of them but a few were a little to deep. How can I know a stop go no further point so I don't eat off all my clear. Car is a 2010 Velocity Yellow Corvette.

• 1 year later...

Does Adam's plan on adding any Fine/Medium Grade Nanoskin Autoscrub Pads for the Cyclo for windows?

Not at this time. Clay is perfectly effective on glass and in all our testing we have not found a solution in the 'clay alternative' category that is both capable of decon on the level of traditional clay while not introducing excessive marring.

We've tested alternatives that decon better than clay, but mar the crap out of paint.

We've tested alternatives that don't mar that badly, but don't decon as well as comparable clay.

As soon as we can find a media that offers a balance of decon and paint friendliness we like we'll consider it.

also, from the original post:

If auto polishes fail, a more aggressive household abrasive cleanser can be used on glass. Bonami is available at most any store and is very abrasive.

Theres also a cleaner out there called barkeepers friend thats in that family of cleaners and can be effective for removing spots from automotive glass.

I just ordered some bonami based off the above suggestion for stubborn water spots on the glass. I got the liquid version in hopes it works the same as the powder but might be easier to use on vertical surfaces like the car windows.

Haven't tried the liquid, but let me know how it works out

Thanks for the info Doc!

What pad would be best? Does it matter?

Orange pad and correcting polish.

Edited by Usa

I clayed my side windows the other day with big blue clay & glass cleaner, it got a few of them out. I've used Bar Keepers Friend and the finest steel wool in the past with great results, will go back to get the remaining spots left. 

• 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I've read an article that said to remove water spots from a glass shower door or a mirror to use an eraser for a white dry-erase board, and buff the spots out. I haven't tried myself to verify if that's a true fact but hey its not harmful in anyway to try right? Let me know if anyone decides to try it out.