Customer Service 866.965.0400

Swirl & Haze Remover VS Severe Swirl Remover

Grubrunner

Question

Using it with the Porter Cable 7424XP on a 2009 GMC Yukon Denali this coming week. I have both products, however I do not have both pads for each product.

How do you know whether you need Adam's Swirl & Haze Remover over Adam's Severe Swirl Remover... and visa-versa? Let's face it, the difference [definition] between a "severe swirl" and a "swirl" is a matter of interpretation from one individual to another.

What's the difference between these two products?

Obviously, the "severe" has more abrasives over the "regular." Should that be a concern if I'm using it on swirls that were incorrectly interpretated to be severe but were your run-o-the-mill?

Should I go the more "severe" route to be certain of removal, or play it safe and go the "regular" route?

Any input would be appreciated.

8 answers to this question

I would start out with the orange on a 2X2 test section and see if that corrects the area, start with the lease aggresive polish that is needed. If the orange takes care of it hit it witih FMP and call it a day, if not you may need to use some Sever swirl remover

I would start out with the orange on a 2X2 test section and see if that corrects the area, start with the lease aggresive polish that is needed. If the orange takes care of it hit it witih FMP and call it a day, if not you may need to use some Sever swirl remover

That's what I've learned... start with the least aggressive and work up. If it's not good after say.. two passes of SHR then hit it with the SSHR

I agree with the advice above. However 2 passes with the SHR and orange pad may not be enough to decide whether or not you need to use the SSR. You may be able to use 4 passes and start seeing the imperfections start disappearing. But I would recommend going with SSR if 4 passes of SHR do not show any signs of results.

Yup, only bring out the SSR if a couple of passes (or so) with SHR/orange pad don't get the swirls out. Realize that it now turns into a 3 pass operation rather than a 2 pass operation. Always go with the least aggressive option first, then work your way up into more aggressive polish(es) only as necessary.

:iagree:And you do need the Green pad with SSR for it to work properly!

just to make sure I understand the terminology everyone is using let me clarify the terms in my head please.

(1.5 x 1.5 or 2 x 2 test area)

1. is one pass going side to side and up and down 1 time each = one pass?

or

2. is one pass going side to side and up and down 3 times each = one pass?

watching all of the videos several times I was never for sure of the answer but on my hood and top I did at least 4 passes (of 3 up&down patterns) and still didn't get everything out completely with the orange S&H... understanding I most likely wasn't consistently applying the optimum pressure to the PC.

Guest Gone & Forgotten

I count a pass like Mook... I guess.

1 pass = one dose of polish, worked to flash

after doing the car once, you learn what it takes just by looking at it. My wife's car will need a few passes of SSR before SHR. I teach the 2-bucket system - I preach the 2-bucket system - I see 'foam gun, wet my merino pad, washes most of the top, rinse pad with hose, back to the paint... for bottom, my older wool pad, half the car, rinse with water, rinse car". Not as bad as a single bucket wash, but c'mon lady!

Archived