Customer Service 866.965.0400

Something on my paint.

chrys7

Question

as I was washing the Chally this weekend I noticed a small and I mean small Dot of well something rust colored. I dont know what the hell it is.

I clayed the CRAP out of it and it did not come off. I ran my finger over it and its smooth as the rest of the car which leads me to believe what ever it is...its under the clear coat. It doesnt appear to me at least that its rust, as its shinny. I guess it safe to assume that if its under the clear coat its pretty much a done deal and staying unless I sand down to the paint and repaint?

18 answers to this question

i can say this after joining this forum, and living in Miami Beach i do see ALOT of exotic cars. But now that I am an Adam Addict :), I never look at the cars always the paint and clear coat first. is that normal? lol

Yep this is normal :lolsmack: I always look at the paint on a nice car! I look at every little detail from tires to fenderwells

i can say this after joining this forum, and living in Miami Beach i do see ALOT of exotic cars. But now that I am an Adam Addict :), I never look at the cars always the paint and clear coat first. is that normal? lol

:iagree:....all of us on the forum are not normal(were all super anal about our paint), but the average person would never see that :lol:

You guys, its more then likely rail dust. It shows up THE MOST on white vehicles. Can range from little "pin" looking areas to what the OP posted. its easy to get rid of too :)

I happen to live 1mile from a rail road, My workvan gets this so i have to use it. It works! also even though the other cars in my drive way are black or dark colored i use this too

From Phils website, there are also a ton of this on the Mini Forums because pepper white is a common mini color and everyone askes about it and what it is.

Airborne chemical compounds and ferrous particles - particles containing iron - actually penetrate the paint and create corrosive compounds that eat deep into the paint's sub-layers or paint’s pin-holes. This is a gradual process that often is not evident until it's too late. Claying or polishing only removes the particle, not its effects, which are continuing to spread beneath the surface.

During the use of your vehicle, brake dust and road grime become sintered to the surface of the car paint, rims and wheels due to the high temperature conditions they are normally exposed. Brake dust contains high levels of iron and once sintered to the rim, becomes extremely difficult to dissolve or remove without the use of harsh chemicals.

Iron Cut opens up the paint's pores to release ferrous particles and to neutralize caustic compounds that have developed in the paint's subsurface. Ongoing damage is immediately stopped and future damage is prevented by removing the ferrous particles.

Iron Cut sprays on as a thick, transparent, as the cleansing liquid begins to work into the dirt and grime, the formula begins to turn purple/ red. The purple/red coloration is the Iron Cut Cleaner forming a bond to the sintered iron on the car paint and wheel and changing its state to a water soluble complex for easy removal. Stubborn, baked on grime may take a small amount of agitation. Rinse car paint and wheels thoroughly with a power washer and wipe dry.

Directions:

1. Wash the car or wheels surfaces, make sure surface is cool.

2. Shake well, spray on the surface, rub it in with damp sponge thoroughly, wait 5 mins while contaminants change its color to purpel / red, wipe off with damp soft sponge. Don’t let the Iron Cut dry completely on surface!

3. Rinse well or power wash the whole surface. Car is now ready to clay!

Iron cut is the most essential step before any polishing work done on the car which no other cleaner can do.

Iron Cut is very important to use before Aquartz application.

Take a look at Iron Cut in action on this BMW 135i.

IMG_5662.jpg

IMG_5691.jpg

IMG_5689.jpg

Yea, that looks a lot like the spots that are on my car, thigh may car is far worse (and white), so it's a lot more noticeable. I figure I'm going to have to sand down and repaint the whole hood, but that's a project for the future.

Keep us posted on what you try, and if anything works. :2thumbs:

Nope I live in Miami Beach.

looks like rail dust, infact im 98%sure it is. Usually you can clay those out, Aquartz Iron Cut would work perfect!

Phil is a great guy! hes on here too since he sells Adams

http://www.detailersdomain.com/Aquartz-Iron-Cut_p_327.html

Do you live near train tracks, near a rail yard or an Iron plant?

as I was washing the Chally this weekend I noticed a small and I mean small Dot of well something rust colored. I dont know what the hell it is.

I clayed the CRAP out of it and it did not come off. I ran my finger over it and its smooth as the rest of the car which leads me to believe what ever it is...its under the clear coat. It doesnt appear to me at least that its rust, as its shinny. I guess it safe to assume that if its under the clear coat its pretty much a done deal and staying unless I sand down to the paint and repaint?

Can you post a pic? I have something that sounds similar going on with one of my cars, too. I tried wet sanding to no avail.

Archived