Customer Service 866.965.0400

Small Rust particles

chrys7

Question

My wifes SUV has a bunch like 5 or 6 needle sized rust particles in her paint that I tried to clay out with no success. any ideas how to remove them, these seem to defbe rust as I can feel them when I run my finger tips over them.

16 answers to this question

Ok heres my problem I was using Meg clay bars, I decided to use the adams clay bar this time and 3rd pass they were 90% Gone. Not sure what the difference is between Meg clay bars and adams but needless to say Adams clay bars from now on.

One thing to point out, and a common misconception about these "new" iron products. They are NOT a replacement for clay... the only thing they remove is iron contamination, so even after using an iron removal product you'll still need to clay to remove the other contaminants.

Also, if the iron hasn't embedded itself into the surface yet clay will take care of it, so the use of a product like this comes in more when you have heavier iron deposit problems that clay doesn't remedy.

That stuff works great, and is PH Nuetral. But yes, definately doesn't replace the clay. My clay was pretty dirty after I used the Iron Cut (which actually didn't pick up anything on the DD), I was kind of surprised on that.

One thing to point out, and a common misconception about these "new" iron products. They are NOT a replacement for clay... the only thing they remove is iron contamination, so even after using an iron removal product you'll still need to clay to remove the other contaminants.

Also, if the iron hasn't embedded itself into the surface yet clay will take care of it, so the use of a product like this comes in more when you have heavier iron deposit problems that clay doesn't remedy.

Let me quote my self again from another thread :D

http://www.detailersdomain.com/Aquartz-Iron-Cut_p_327.html

You guys, its more then likely rail dust. It shows up THE MOST on white vehicles. Can range from little "pin" looking areas to what the OP posted. its easy to get rid of too :)

I happen to live 1mile from a rail road, My workvan gets this so i have to use it. It works! also even though the other cars in my drive way are black or dark colored i use this too

From Phils website, there are also a ton of this on the Mini Forums because pepper white is a common mini color and everyone askes about it and what it is.

IMG_5662.jpg

IMG_5691.jpg

IMG_5689.jpg

I know I had the same on my truck. It took forever to get them out. Ask CarolinaBoy. Was working on those little tiny spots for almost 30mins before they came all the way out. Just keep claying.

2003 Nissan Pathfinder LE (Bought New)

its totally out of waranty now though.

Spots are on the hood, Passenger side, I was claying kinda of hard but I can try again. I get my 4 inch pad and polish produts in a week or two just bought them.

how hard were you claying them? spots like that take a lot of work. if it doesn't work, get the machine polisher or cordless drill and 4" pads out. if that doesn't work, take it back to the dealer for rust warranty, as this isn't normal.

what kinda SUV, and where on the vehicle is it located?

how hard were you claying them? spots like that take a lot of work. if it doesn't work, get the machine polisher or cordless drill and 4" pads out. if that doesn't work, take it back to the dealer for rust warranty, as this isn't normal.

what kinda SUV, and where on the vehicle is it located?

Archived