Customer Service 866.965.0400

2013 GT500 looks sick

GGEVOXFTMFW

It still won't handle better than a zl1 and itll still be 12 sec car. Can't get all that power to the ground

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

i would have to agree. IDK what kind of rubber ford plans on having on these cars but the new 5.0 has what 255's? i believe the pre 2013 gt500's have 285's? dont quote me but it wont handle like the ZL1 for sure.

one thing is for certain Ford is not playing any games in the HP department thats for sure. that things looks so rediculous and i want one lol

hopefully chevy will come out with their new Gen V small blocks soon and hopefully itll be enough for the competition

All respect to the gt500 but whens ford going to change that tired old bodystyle?

That's what I was thinking. Great power numbers, but TBH, it doesn't look much different than a run of the mill Mustang.

Kind of gives you the feeling that Ford just sat and waited to see what the GM guys were doing with the ZL1 Camaro, then just tried to top it.

Both great cars, and so cool to see the war is still alive. Seems the Mustang will have a definite HP/straight line advantage, but I'll be shocked if it can post any kind of competitive numbers to what the ZL1 did around 'the ring'.

One things for sure... when the Mustang and Camaro are doing battle like this, the real winners are muscle car fans. Competition brings out the best in both, the mustang got pretty sloppy and heavy in the years the F body was gone.

Kind of gives you the feeling that Ford just sat and waited to see what the GM guys were doing with the ZL1 Camaro, then just tried to top it.

Both great cars, and so cool to see the war is still alive. Seems the Mustang will have a definite HP/straight line advantage, but I'll be shocked if it can post any kind of competitive numbers to what the ZL1 did around 'the ring'.

One things for sure... when the Mustang and Camaro are doing battle like this, the real winners are muscle car fans. Competition brings out the best in both, the mustang got pretty sloppy and heavy in the years the F body was gone.

true, i mean even back when the 4th gen LS1's were around they were putting a hurtin' on the competition.

Poor, poor ZL1.

No poor ZL1. Without any numbers yet this hasn't beat anything until it proves itself. If it beats the ZL1 in "The Ring" then ill be shocked. Even in a drag race I don't think the GT500 gonna be able to put all that power to ground. Ford needs to worry less on HP numbers and concentrate on getting the power they do have to the ground. They also need to look in redesigning that tired old look of that same bodystyle and make something new and exciting.

Guest Luke Warmwater

All the modern musclecars are over bloated atrocious looking facsimiles of the originals with the Mustang being the least offending rendition. I mean the Camaro is awful and the Challenger is downright horrible. It's built on the fullsize 300 boat chassis. The Camaro is a large car itself and pales in comparison to the 69 that was quite possibly one the sexiest car designs of all time. It is beyond me why American car manufactures cannot create small yet powerful musclecars just like they did in the 60s and early 70s. Don't tell me it's crash safety. The Europeans and Japanese build plenty of them. It can only be that the US car makers believe we all want to drive boats and think that these things actually look good. No thanks.

• 4 months later...

bringing this back from the dead today cause i was bored and jsut looking through car stuff. Ive always kinda like the mustang but lately the camaro had been on my radar. Sorry to say it but even the new '13 GT kills the camaro, cant wait to see a ZL1 out on the road actually with a new stang. Unfortunatly a common ZL1 owner wont know how to put the power to the ground is what im thinking. And the new 13 GT500 wont even be able to put tht power to the ground without even a driver mod. That said I cant wait till a few start showing up at car meets :D

Couldn't have put it better myself!

I believe the Camaro wins in the style department.

As for the power.. I feel like Mustangs have always been one-up in the HP category, but as someone mentioned earlier it usually isn't the best at putting that power to the wheels, and handling? Please.

I am a Chevy fan (dislike Ford quite a bit) but I will agree with anyone that most people who end up buying Camaro's or Mustang's, won't know how to handle all that power anyways. Or even half the power for that matter. Buying these big muscle cars doesn't suddenly buy someone proper driving skills!

Couldn't have put it better myself!
In the words of the aging here Ditto.:thumbsup:

Archived