Customer Service 866.965.0400

Adam's Edgeless Utility MF Towels Impressions...

07 z-oh-6

Question

23 answers to this question

yeah, but your negating the paint correction you just did by using the utility towels on the paint. the longer nap is there to prevent swirls!

don't let the polish sit on the paint and "cure" like you would with a wax and it will be much easier to remove. polish doesn't work by sitting on the paint for a period of time like wax does, it works by rubbing it in with an applicator pad or machine polisher (but i'm sure you already know that). polish a panel, and buff the polish off before moving to the next panel. that way the polish doesn't sit too long and harden. if your using a PC, put a double soft towel in between the PC pad and paint, and use the polisher to buff off the polish on setting 3. this not only makes it easier, but its way faster too!

07 zoh6, is not to be underestimated as far as detailing experience. I have seen him on the forums for years, and I believe he's one of the more experienced detailers around. even being a tester for some of the bigger manufactures. Its probably a good idea to listen and take in what he says when he speaks at times. For me personally , when he states that a few of the Adams products that he has tried are "best in class" it means something SERIOUS. and is a HUGE compliment to Adams.

I have to go with Mark(07 z-oh-6)on this one,what works best "for me" in removing polishes/compounds are indeed the edgeless MF's.Adams black edgeless are very/VERY good quality.They do NOT scratch/marr my soft WS6 paint and that is saying alot.The Adams black edgeless MF's are also soft borders and are NOT hot-wired or laser cut(with hard edges).

There is one other edgeless out there that I use but it's just a tad softer than the Adams but if I think about it,The other vendor edgeless is labeled their top edegless where as Adams is labeled utility.I would say the Adams is 9.8 out of 10 for my satisfaction and the other vendor is a 10 out of 10.That's how close the edgeless MF's are for comparison sake IMO.

For those who have yet to try Adams black edgeless MF's,try them!They are of high quality and are soft enough not to marr soft(er) paint.

Right on, Chris!!!!!

I have to go with Mark(07 z-oh-6)on this one,what works best "for me" in removing polishes/compounds are indeed the edgeless MF's.Adams black edgeless are very/VERY good quality.They do NOT scratch/marr my soft WS6 paint and that is saying alot.The Adams black edgeless MF's are also soft borders and are NOT hot-wired or laser cut(with hard edges).

There is one other edgeless out there that I use but it's just a tad softer than the Adams but if I think about it,The other vendor edgeless is labeled their top edegless where as Adams is labeled utility.I would say the Adams is 9.8 out of 10 for my satisfaction and the other vendor is a 10 out of 10.That's how close the edgeless MF's are for comparison sake IMO.

For those who have yet to try Adams black edgeless MF's,try them!They are of high quality and are soft enough not to marr soft(er) paint.

Yes... the black towels are paint safe and perhaps we should do better to make that clear. If they weren't you'd be just as well served to go buy that bulk pack of crap chinese towels from the big box store.

The idea behind the 'utility' towel is that it can be used for dirty jobs, but still be safe for delicate finishes. I mean, heck... your door jambs might not be that important to keep swirl free, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't use something soft to clean them. Same with metal polishing - billet is soft stuff, if these towels weren't paint safe they wouldn't be safe for aluminum wheels either.

These are towels that are lower in cost, don't show stains, but can still be used on delicate surfaces. Making them a nice middle of the road that bridges the gap between 'premium' towels like the single/double softs and a cheap-o utility towel.

The only reason I don't care for them in the removal of polishes/waxes is that the depth (fiber length) of the towel clogs up quickly where as the singles and doubles don't.

There really is no right or wrong here - do what works best for you and what you prefer. :cheers:

By the way, the black towels DO NOT marr the paint. I may be new to this forum, but far from new to detailing.

When removing polish, you need something with a little "bite". Do not be fooled by the word "utility", as the black towels are still very soft. I could see the SS towels being useful for quick detailing, where there might be some light dust, and the longer fibers will help channel the dust. Also, the longer fibers are more absorbing for liquid. Not to say the SS aren't great for removing polish, but the black towels are very good, too.

It's funny because you're on Tapatalk and don't see it, but the forum software automatically changed A.P.W. to Americana Paste Wax, which is what the acronym is for. Anyone not using Tapatalk is going to read your post and think you don't know what Americana is.

Doh! Lol darn u tapatalk!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

What is APW?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

It's funny because you're on Tapatalk and don't see it, but the forum software automatically changed A.P.W. to Americana Paste Wax, which is what the acronym is for. Anyone not using Tapatalk is going to read your post and think you don't know what Americana is.

So they're advertised for dirty jobs, well, not for me! These are the best polishing towels I've come across to date, and I've tried a ton. They're very soft, yet don't bunch up when wiping polish. Very nice, Adam's! :2thumbs:

You're not the only microfiber heretic here. I use the Waterless Wash towels on glass, and the Double Soft for Waterless wash.

I don't like using longer nap MF towels when removing polish.

yeah, but your negating the paint correction you just did by using the utility towels on the paint. the longer nap is there to prevent swirls!

don't let the polish sit on the paint and "cure" like you would with a wax and it will be much easier to remove. polish doesn't work by sitting on the paint for a period of time like wax does, it works by rubbing it in with an applicator pad or machine polisher (but i'm sure you already know that). polish a panel, and buff the polish off before moving to the next panel. that way the polish doesn't sit too long and harden. if your using a PC, put a double soft towel in between the PC pad and paint, and use the polisher to buff off the polish on setting 3. this not only makes it easier, but its way faster too!

Although I have 12 SS Towels, Turns out I rarely use them. Im hooked on the double soft they are INCREDIBLY soft and the fact that they are gives me peace of mind when Im using them on my paint. DOnt get me wrong the SS towels are awesome and I do use them from time to time. Im just hooked on the DS Towels.

:confused: What are you calling a detail spry towel?

Although I have 12 SS Towels, Turns out I rarely use them. Im hooked on the double soft they are INCREDIBLY soft and the fact that they are gives me peace of mind when Im using them on my paint. DOnt get me wrong the SS towels are awesome and I do use them from time to time. Im just hooked on the Double soft Towels.

Um...have you tried out the Single Soft or Double Soft Towels?

You should!

Archived