Customer Service 866.965.0400

Mustang Thoughts

Osok

The wife's been on the verge of getting a new car. She's been back and forth between a Mustang and a Camaro.

We just did some cruising around some of the dealer lots and she got her fill of styles/colors/option.

We did stumble across two though that seemed like decent deals so I wanted some input here on what folks though.

First was a 2005 GT with 52k miles asking 13,500 for it.

The other, which really to me seemed like a solid find was a brand new 2011 GT for 24k

My gut is telling me the 2011 GT is a pretty good deal.

She looked at the 2012 and I see the base model V6 is 23k. I'm not sure she would need the V8 in the GT but some of the extra options would be nice versus the base model 2012.

Just lookin for any input.

Thanks!

OOOOOh I am..the wife, she's always been a mustang fan. If we were shopping for my next car, well I'd be looking at the Challenger for sure. In fact I had to stop and admire a few Challys while we were out lot hopping. She seems pretty set on a Mustang. She's always wanted one through all growing up type thing.

I'd be leery of the 05 GT... a car like that has every possibility that it was driven HARD for every one of those 52,000 miles. The 2011 seems like the much better deal if you can swing the price.

^^^^This

That is the exact reason why i went with my jeep over like an STi or an Evo when i was looking for AWD, cause you know cars like that ive heard you should triple the mileage shown and that is more like what the car has been through.

Thanks for all the input everyone. Kind of reaffirmed my gut feeling as well.

Any thoughts relative to getting the 2011 GT versus a 2012 base model?

The only drawback to the 2011, for her at least, is that it's black ( i know what you're thinking..i'm a black car lover how could i have married this woman)She is leaning towards wanting a different color, like the grabber blue.

My vote goes for a 2013 Shelby GT500 with that whopping 650 hp straight from the factory.

:D Remember I'm car shopping for my wife not me.

well, I like Grabber blue but for $24k getting a 2011GT sounds awfully good unless it is a base GT and not a premium. the lack of steering wheel controls/leather wrap and all the little goodies that go with the premium package might not be a big deal to some... I had to have the premium.

on the other hand the base V6 will get a great MPG, 20 in town, 30+ on the highway, it rides a little softer because of the taller sidewall tires and they look great too. the V6 is a little cheaper on insurance than the GT, another good thing.

Grabber Blue is a great color... Black is a great color. I love mine.

721colormod.jpg

aww come on OsOk just start taking care of 2 black rides :D

This too has crossed my mind LOL.

I also told her if she gets grabber blue deep down i will walk by it every day with envy. I LOVE that color on the mustangs..

The reviews on the 2012 V6 all seem pretty solid too with it pulling 304hp out of the V6. Not too shabby and plenty for her to handle.

I also think the 2011 GT is not premium from what I recall.

This too has crossed my mind LOL.

I also told her if she gets grabber blue deep down i will walk by it every day with envy. I LOVE that color on the mustangs..

The reviews on the 2012 V6 all seem pretty solid too with it pulling 304hp out of the V6. Not too shabby and plenty for her to handle.

I also think the 2011 GT is not premium from what I recall.

on man, the V6 feels as strong as any V8 I've ever owned, and gets 30mpg on the highway.. I decided with the way the 6 ran and the mpg's, I didn't need to spend $6k more for the 5.0L GT version... the only thing I miss is the rumble.

on man, the V6 feels as strong as any V8 I've ever owned, and gets 30mpg on the highway.. I decided with the way the 6 ran and the mpg's, I didn't need to spend $6k more for the 5.0L GT version... the only thing I miss is the rumble.

Good deal diver..thanks for the feedback.

Don't waste your money on the 2011 GT. The 6 is all she needs and all I need in my Mustang. I can burn just as much rubber with my 6 as the GT, and get better mileage. When I did a side by side comparison, the 6 was like a second or two slower in the 1/4 mile, so it was a no brainer. Slap a stick in it and a larger rear end and you have a quick little sled, with great mileage..did I mention the mileage....? 23 sounds a little steep for that car. Must be loaded. I saved on the manual trans. on mine, plus I got incentives. Are there any 11 6's left she could deal on?

Don't waste your money on the 2011 GT. The 6 is all she needs and all I need in my Mustang. I can burn just as much rubber with my 6 as the GT, and get better mileage. When I did a side by side comparison, the 6 was like a second or two slower in the 1/4 mile, so it was a no brainer. Slap a stick in it and a larger rear end and you have a quick little sled, with great mileage..did I mention the mileage....? 23 sounds a little steep for that car. Must be loaded. I saved on the manual trans. on mine, plus I got incentives. Are there any 11 6's left she could deal on?

*facepalm*

The Mustang is a great car... I'm thinking it may be my next DD as well.

If they offered it with the eco-boost, I'd have it that way, but I'll take the 5.0.

The trunk is more conducive to a DD as well as the visibility out of it.

This could all change, if GM gets smart and brings the new Commodore to the US as a Chevy. I'd really miss my 4 doors.

Chris

yes, $23K for a base seems a bit high, they should really be willing to deal now since the 2013's are announced and due to start building late Jan.

my 11' Premium Pony Pkg with comfort pkg, security pkg, auto, tint and GT 19" wheels was just under $24K plus TTL.

Ford Brochures | The Official Site of Ford Vehicles | Ford.com

Osok, make sure and go to Ford's website and order a brochure, they have between $500-1000. off coupons in them (most of the time) you can add to the best deal you can negotiate.

yes, $23K for a base seems a bit high, they should really be willing to deal now since the 2013's are announced and due to start building late Jan.

my 11' Premium Pony Pkg with comfort pkg, security pkg, auto, tint and GT 19" wheels was just under $24K plus TTL.

Ford Brochures | The Official Site of Ford Vehicles | Ford.com

Osok, make sure and go to Ford's website and order a brochure, they have between $500-1000. off coupons in them (most of the time) you can add to the best deal you can negotiate.

Thanks for the tip!

All their base '12 were all listed at 23,999. I DEFINITELY plan on talking them down whichever route we go :)

Winters coming..the 13's are coming, you want this car to sit on your lot through the winter? Yadda yadda I figure I"ll offer them 19k to start and work my way up a bit if needed depending on add ons.

I got a Mustang V6 Premium MCA back in July. I used the money it would have cost to get the GT to get the premium package and a couple other things. Has leather, Shaker 500, and 3:31 gears. MSRP was 29850, cost me 25800 plus TTT. No regrets not getting the V8. This V6 is impressive and economical. It only has 10hp less than the 2010 4.6 GT.

BTW, it is black, hence my signing up here at the Adams forum and getting the basic Porter Cable kit.

IMG-20111105-00016.jpg

I got a Mustang V6 Premium MCA back in July. I used the money it would have cost to get the GT to get the premium package and a couple other things. Has leather, Shaker 500, and 3:31 gears. MSRP was 29850, cost me 25800 plus TTT. No regrets not getting the V8. This V6 is impressive and economical. It only has 10hp less than the 2010 4.6 GT.

BTW, it is black, hence my signing up here at the Adams forum and getting the basic Porter Cable kit.

IMG-20111105-00016.jpg

Congrats on the new ride and thanks for the V6 feedback.

Also welcome to the black car owner addiction club. :cheers:

Archived