Customer Service 866.965.0400

Camaro5Ryan Say's Goodbye...

The Ryan

To his beloved Camaro :(

Sadly, due to this crappy economy, and new work commute old Yellow had to go.. I simply couldn't afford an additional 400+ in gas. My company changed their commuting policy there forcing me to drive 40 miles 1 way to work. :willy: This has been coming for awhile, increased gas / food / life in general is pricing my family out of the middle class quickly. Meh too much personal crap.. Let's say goodbye to ol' yellow.

Front.jpg

50.jpg

Americana5.jpg

Finished.jpg

I will truly miss her dearly.

Isn't that a V6? You getting a car that gets better gas mileage than 27-29 on the freeway? So sorry you gotta give the car up! But as everyone else has said already..."A mans gotta do what a mans gotta do"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everything is cheaper, no more Mobil 1 oil changes, insurance should go down substantially, 18" rubber is much cheaper than 20" rubber, its pretty much a money saver all around. Not to mention the extra money it saves on the payment.. even fully loaded I save over $100mo in just a car payment. Added together, this car is going to save me around $400mo. overall.

Plus that was just the commute! If he drives more than 400 miles a month...let's say...double that, he is actually saving 258.00 a month. That's is starting to turn into a wad! I'm selling my car too!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Happens to all of us at some time Ryan. It's hard to have toys and a family at the same time. But your time will come again and just imagine what the cars will be like then. Sorry to see that beauty go, but hope you'll still be part of our family here.

Happens to all of us at some time Ryan. It's hard to have toys and a family at the same time. But your time will come again and just imagine what the cars will be like then. Sorry to see that beauty go, but hope you'll still be part of our family here.

I'm not going anywhere... I can find peace keeping my new black car clean. :lol:

@ Chobbs - I'm going to be commuting 1600mi / month at 20 work days per month. Thats just work commuting. Long run its going to save a lot of gas!

Guest Luke Warmwater

Are you sure it's not living in the Peoples Republic of Kalifornia that is pricing you out of the middle class? I have made similar decisions in the past and sooner or later something as good or even better will find it's way back in your garage. Good luck.

Sorry, Ryan although for different reasons I know what your going through and you're making the right decision. I had to pretty much do the same thing 20 years ago when we sold our 81 Z-28 after our second daughter was born. Not enough room for a double stroller and two car seats.

Good news is that one day you will have another car to enjoy like your Camaro.

Sorry to hear you had to put Old Yeller' down

smiley-sad.png

But the savings sound like the right thing to do. Down the road you can move back to something fun an cool again.

I had to do the same thing - sold my Civic Si for a POS Ranger with no A/C. A few practical cars later I'm finally looking to return to fun and cool!

Hey Ryan, I've been down this road! I down size from a full size GMC pick-up to a Honda fit, never looked back at all!! The money in fuel alone paid the payment and 70 dollars in pocket to boot. No brainer as I did not need a truck anymore.:thumbsup:

its tough to see your camaro go! i remember when i sold mine back in March... although my reasons for selling were much different, i never looked back because i know one day i'll have another sports car in my garage.

mine was just a third car that got driven 50-100 miles a month. sold it to some guy that saw it at a car show. saved me $650 in payments, $130 in insurance, and a few bucks in gas each month. that spare money goes into a savings account for our first home. once we get that, all my spare money will be going towards a new sports car fund.

Archived