Customer Service 866.965.0400

Question regarding the spray sealant

chrisguga

Question

Just like most Adam's products, I have no doubt that the product will be superbly effective, but after watching the video Adam made I question the value.

He used a LOT of product to do only 1/2 of a hood and a front quarter panel. How many times can you cover your whole car per $20 bottle? 2? 3?

I plan to try the product, but it appears to be more expensive than Americana per use if the video is any indication how the consumer is supposed to properly use the product.

Am I way off here?

Adam's Quick Sealant - Available 11/22/11 - YouTube

16 answers to this question

Why did Dylan spray the whole area he was working on, plus the applicator, in his demo video? Was he too going against his own advice?

Steps for this product:

• spray section
  • prime applicator
  • use applicator to level product
  • spray next section (or wait a couple of minutes)
  • remove from first section

It does take a few tries to determine how much product to use. I think after a couple of uses, you will see you can use less than you think. Since you use the applicator to level/fill, you are not covering the area like you are painting it.

I think you could do an whole car in 10 minutes with this since you don't have to worry about 'overspray', and could do 6-9 cars, depending on the size.

Remember the reason for developing this product was to create a sealant for non-machine application.

I don't know if I will use this on whole cars, but it is great for door jams and other hard to reach places, for adding quick protection to an area, and for adding a extra protection for bugs.

Chrisguga

remember, the instructional video's are for everyone. including ppl who have no idea about how to even start applying a sealant. Everyone makes there own technique when they start using the product.

Adam uses X's worth of polish on his pads............(i may be wrong), but i think dylan use's straight lines worth of polish, and A.J uses 3 pea size drops.

All different, but they all get the same excellent result. although adam uses more and junkman uses less, they do what they feel works and they get results.

i've personally tried this sealant on my own now, and my personal technique is to apply product to the pad, and from about 12" from the car i mist the panel very quickly just to have a light mist for a little easier application. I honestly dont notice the can even a slight bit lighter. i feel i can repeat this process on my acura tl, which is a larger car 10 times.

Hopes this help.

Jay.

Did you realize that he has been banned for a month or so?

Used the Quick Sealant that I got for Christmas. It was warm today, 40 degrees in the Chicago Area.

Washed the Bright White Challenger (three bucket) and dried with a detail spray spritz. (other brand sorry, still some left).

Used the Quick Sealant and handled just like the video.

Did the whole car in about 15 minutes....in a really disorganized manner (more of an impulse to try it than anything else.) Front bumper, back bumper, sides, roof, trunk, hood, wheels. Gave the whole R/T another wipe down for the overspray.

Concept was to protect for the winter. It's a daily driver with Blizzak snow tires.

The stuff handles just like Adam says. Easy on , easy off with no streaking or smearing and invisible.

White paint never really looks as "perfectly wet" as a dark paint. Looks nice. I waxed the trunk with NXT wax, and really saw the shine come through.....along with the slight Organge Peel with overhead florescent lights. Impressive stuff and seems like the can never really emptied. Good value, good product. Happy until the first snow.

Sorry, no pictures the snow tires do not do the car justice.

<!-- / message -->

Chrisguga

remember, the instructional video's are for everyone. including ppl who have no idea about how to even start applying a sealant. Everyone makes there own technique when they start using the product.

Adam uses X's worth of polish on his pads............(i may be wrong), but i think dylan use's straight lines worth of polish, and A.J uses 3 pea size drops.

All different, but they all get the same excellent result. although adam uses more and junkman uses less, they do what they feel works and they get results.

i've personally tried this sealant on my own now, and my personal technique is to apply product to the pad, and from about 12" from the car i mist the panel very quickly just to have a light mist for a little easier application. I honestly dont notice the can even a slight bit lighter. i feel i can repeat this process on my acura tl, which is a larger car 10 times.

Hopes this help.

Jay.

Cool, that sounds reasonable. As another said, I want to use this product primarily for tight areas the machine doesn't easily reach. It should last a while that way.

Thats what I've been using it for mostly on my own truck... the wheels, front end, and quick applications to the lower rocker panels.

If you segment a vehicle off many surfaces see more abuse than others, so why not treat them differently? So long as the appearance remains somewhat consistent or the applications start/end at the edges or at body lines then it seems like a good idea. Best of both worlds. :2thumbs:

I posted this earlier this week in the blackfriday/sealant release thread.

Quite a few... for reference I sealed my wifes small SUV 2x, my truck 1.5x, the F350 from my July detail 1x and a honda accord 1x out of a 5.8oz beta testing can, with plenty to spare for miscellaneous testing, wheels, and demos. The production version is 10oz... so almost double the amount.

I'd estimate that the average person will see around 10-15 applications on full vehicles of average size, give or take. Also, remember you only need to use enough to cover the car in a thin coating... after that initial panel Adam would not need to spray much more as the app will already be primed up with lots of product.

yes however dylan mentions that while you can spray your whole car with it, he recommended using applicator. Spraying could be used as Adam did in the video with areas around sticker/stripes, cowls, wheels, grills, etc

Can size was also said to cover more than a few cars as the trial was completing a few. I'm searching for the thread for you

Why did Dylan spray the whole area he was working on, plus the applicator, in his demo video? Was he too going against his own advice?

yes however dylan mentions that while you can spray your whole car with it, he recommended using applicator. Spraying could be used as Adam did in the video with areas around sticker/stripes, cowls, wheels, grills, etc

Can size was also said to cover more than a few cars as the trial was completing a few. I'm searching for the thread for you

there are two way to do it. These SS threads need to be merged as there are like 3-4 of them and everyone asks the same questions. PLEASE fully read threads before posting

Silly me. I figured watching the product demo video would be enough!

Products are usually demo'd the way they intend the customer to use them. Otherwise, why make the video?

He did say that the bottle will be a full size when sold, (same size as in & out)

Yes, I know. I watched the video.

It's a 10 oz. spray can, and while Adam was spraying the car for demonstration purposes, he recommends that you spray the applicator instead. It will go a long way, trust me. :cheers:

That makes no sense. Why would he completely saturate the paint with sealant straight out of the can if that's now how it is intended to be used?

Of course, this is good news as I really want to love this product. I just hate misleading demonstration videos.

Archived