Customer Service 866.965.0400

Another Flex Question

ChuckG

Question

Hi all- I'm really, really thinking about purchasing a Flex, I already have a PC. But one question that hasn't been addressed concerning the Flex, is the fatigue factor. So, if I spend 10 minutes with the PC and then 10 minutes with the Flex, which one would be more gentle on my body? PC or Flex? Or are they both the same?

It just seems to me that the Flex is more user friendly, but I don't know. Maybe someone that has used both machines can give me an idea of the differences. :)

12 answers to this question

I have both and I personally think the Flex is much easier on the body...to me it's more egronomic and does the work in half the time it takes to accomplish the same results with the Porter Cable. I'm not knocking the Porter Cable...it too is a great machine.

Hi all- I'm really, really thinking about purchasing a Flex, I already have a PC. But one question that hasn't been addressed concerning the Flex, is the fatigue factor. So, if I spend 10 minutes with the PC and then 10 minutes with the Flex, which one would be more gentle on my body? PC or Flex? Or are they both the same?

It just seems to me that the Flex is more user friendly, but I don't know. Maybe someone that has used both machines can give me an idea of the differences. :)

Havent bought the flex yet, but I vibrate for a week after using the PC:lol:

Interesting comments. Truth be told, I can't stand to use the PC. That thing just beats you up. I guess if you used it all the time it wouldn't be so bad, but I don't. I walk around shaking for a week after using it. :help: I even hate the thing so much I skipped it this year. :D

I want to do a full correction on my car this Spring, but the thought of using that PC is scary. Anyone want to buy a slightly used PC? :pc:

Thanks all for the opinions! They really did help.

The Flex will blow your mind for ease of use. Nothing near the vibration of the PC. I wear some padded gloves too. Helps quite a bit.

I don't own the flex...yet but used one today at the Adams Tent at Turkey Run. Very very nice, much smoother operation and great results. I own the PC but now want to get the Flex, it is at least twice as fast, smoother operation and control was better. In addition to forced rotation the oscillations feel like they are slightly longer, love this machine.

Yesterday, a buddy, who just bought a Flex from Adam's, stopped by with his machine. So, we plugged both of them in and put them to the test. The Flex ran very smooth and having the handle on the front of the machine is a definite plus. The PC vibrated all over over the place and the handle is just about worthless.The Flex is a much better engineered machine no doubt about that.

I haven't used the PC in over a year because that thing just beats you up. My PC will be regulated to applying sealant at slow speeds.

The difference between these two machines is dramatic.

Archived