Customer Service 866.965.0400

Good Daily Driver Under $8000

DP 08 GXP

my current car is a 1996 monte carlo with 204,000 miles...needless to say it has seen better days....im looking to get a new work car before winter hits...i want something that is family friendly, gets decent gas mileage, isnt a turtle, and is reliable....ive been looking at 2000+ grand prixs but im hoping there is something else out there to expand my search for...anyone have any input? thanks!!

My son has an HHR with 130,000 miles on it and it's still going strong. He had a chance to sit down with some GM engineers who designed that car and they told him that it was hands down the most reliable, maintenance free cars that GM has ever built. They stopped making them in 2011, so you may still be able to find a low milage leftover. It really is a great little versatile car.

Lol

my current car is a 1996 monte carlo with 204,000 miles...needless to say it has seen better days....im looking to get a new work car before winter hits...i want something that is family friendly, gets decent gas mileage, isnt a turtle, and is reliable....ive been looking at 2000+ grand prixs but im hoping there is something else out there to expand my search for...anyone have any input? thanks!!

Don't think that fits haha

Definitely American made Chris. Ill have to look out for an aurora possibly. I just missed out on a good deal so hopefully something else comes along

My parents had an Aurora back in the day, and I loved that car. Plenty of power, ride was so smooth and yet it cornered very well.

If you like the Aurora you could also look into a mid 90's Cadillac STS, they are nice too

There is no such thing as "made in America," by true definition, when it comes to vehicles.

Even vehicles assembled here in the US have, at the very least, some parts made overseas.

But I know what you're saying....

That's the case with almost every product on the planet from almost any countries. The reason behind that is the very old fact that no single nation produces every thing that nation needs, thus the concept of trading. The definition of American product will differ depending on who you're talking to, some people believe that any product foreign or domestic that's made here in the US is considered American some people believe that any product made by an American company anywhere is considered American. I personally would like to think that its all of that. My number priority is to buy an American product, like Chevy that's made here in the US like the Cruze, if that's not possible an American product made outside of the US will do and finally a foreign product made in the US will be my personal last choice. Lastly, a foreign product made abroad is out of the equation unless it has no American substitute or it does something that is needed which the American counterpart is not capable of.

If I had to, I would definitely go with one with the Northstar V8 like the aforementioned Aurora or STS. You can also consider a Lincoln Mark VIII LSC. They don't have four doors, but are plenty big inside. Lincoln LS with the V8 may fit the bill as well.

Archived