Customer Service 866.965.0400

Should a DD/Outside Car be cleaned any different than a garage? Tips?

crewxp

Question

I'm wondering if I'm wasting effort into keeping my car cared for. I have a white 2010 camaro that is parked in the same spot everyday outside. I only drive it usually once a day to get to work and come back and the usual errands. I don't go crazy with it.

I was wondering if outside-cars should be cared for any different than garage-kept cars. Should anything be done different to maximize the cleanliness and shine when it's kept outside?

I haven't yet bought any sealant, so I was wondering if it would be good in my case. Trying to decide if I need to buy anything today.

I have pretty much everything besides sealant. (Americana included. Although I haven't used it yet.)

And should they be applied in a different order for outside cars (BG Behind Americana/Wax etc so the wax protects the shine).

9 answers to this question

For an outdoor car, I would be giving it more care than the indoor car. The outdoor car is at more of risk to weather conditions, bird droppings, tree sap, hard water spots and so on....

It should be given 2 bucket wash, clayed, machine polished with MSS and Americana for the added protection. The indoor car, depending how dirty or dusty can be wiped down with waterless wash, if thats not needed a cali duster.

You'll definitely want to chose a more durable products so sealants are your better option... also the constant exposure means your protective coating life is much shorter than a car that lives indoors so be prepared to apply fresh coats more frequently.

Okay. Should BG or MSW not be applied since MSS is being applied? Is a MSS a better replacement than MSW? I had read that if americana and bg was applied, msw shouldn't because of haze. lol sorry, New to the product

MSW and MSS are the same product... we just renamed it to more accurately describe what it is.

This is a totally subjective question. Do you enjoy washing, polishing, protecting your car? If the answer is yes then no it's not a waste of time. If you feel it is a chore then yes it is a waste of time. I don't golf, I don't hunt, I don't gamble, this is my hobby. I do it to relieve stress and to get outside, so to me it is definitely not a waste of time.

You do need to wash,clay, and add protection more often. Being either sealant and/or wax more often than a garage queen does, but that is the only difference.

I hope this helps and good luck with your decision.

mss and MSW is the same stuff, just new name.

When applying the MMS/MSW it needs to be wiped off 20 mins after application, after the wipe down it needs 12-24 hours to cure, then another wipe down. After the wipe down you can apply the americana and Glaze.

No worries...the forum is here to help you.

ah ok. thanks guys! I'm finishing up grad school while working so sometimes I don't have time to wash my car every week. Just thought I could be doing something different to make it stay clean longer.

what kinds of situations is the new spray sealant good for. Does it help cutting down time on a detail job?

and thanks again :)

An outside car should be cared for more than an inside car. There is no way around keeping it spotless or a potential hazard being kept outside. BUT, with the right car given (MSS and Americana) every so often you can protect it pretty well. I know how you feel as we don't get issued garages in the military lol. So my truck is always parked outside.

If the car is outside, one of the sealants is a must. Mine lives outside, and I use the MSS, topped with BG and then Americana. The MSS really lasts a long time, although a test area of Quick Sealant is still beading nicely after 3 months. :banana:

Archived