Customer Service 866.965.0400

Thank you Adams! My bumper looks 100x better!

Masaki

Hi,

My name is Vincent, this is my first post, I have been using Adam's almost a year by now. I love each and every product they have for various reasons; but, we all know why we love them! So no explanation needed. It also explains why I have almost their entire line up/product. Its just that awesome. Anyways, the main reason for posting is, I wanted to show you what Adam's products can do!

Short story: My rear bumper got into a minor accident, left side of the bumper got hit and the paint chipped off due to the impact. So I took it to a body shop and had them do a blend job. Well, it turns out they did a decent job because half of the bumper had severe orange peel. Which made it looked dull on one side(left) and on the other side(right) it was perfect due to previously polished before the accident.

I will let the pictures explain the rest:

Severe Orange peel, you cannot even see the light.

imag0055zm.jpg

Wet sanded using 2000 grit to remove the orange peel.

imag0056vw.jpg

50/50 shot, tried removing the wet sanding marks using Flex 3401 and SSR w/ green pad. Notice it did not removed it completely.

imag0057bw.jpg

Wet sanded again using 2500 grit.

imag0059vum.jpg

Here are the final results using 3 step with Adam's polishes. SSR > SHR > FMP

imag0084y.jpg

imag0085lp.jpg

Pure Awesome! Check out that reflection!

imag0083kg.jpg

Note: I have not done the LSP and still looks amazing.

Thank you for looking, hope you enjoyed the results.

imag0084y.jpg

Hi,

Short story: My rear bumper got into a minor accident, left side of the bumper got hit and the paint chipped off due to the impact. So I took it to a body shop and had them do a blend job. Well, it turns out they did a decent job because half of the bumper had severe orange peel. Which made it looked dull on one side(left) and on the other side(right) it was perfect due to previously polished before the accident.

I will let the pictures explain the rest:

Severe Orange peel, you cannot even see the light.

Wet sanded using 2000 grit to remove the orange peel.

50/50 shot, tried removing the wet sanding marks using Flex 3401 and SSR w/ green pad. Notice it did not removed it completely.

Wet sanded again using 2500 grit.

Here are the final results using 3 step with Adam's polishes. SSR > SHR > FMP

Pure Awesome! Check out that reflection!

Note: I have not done the LSP and still looks amazing.

Thank you for looking, hope you enjoyed the results.

<fingers in ears, closing eyes> I'm not reading this....la la la la

Man, does this make me want to work on my lower rear door panel that had some work prior to my ownership.

Thanks for your compliments guys.

I forgot to say this, I am no professional detailer, just another weekend warrior detailer having fun. This is my second time wet sanding and overall I am pretty happy/satisfied with my results using Adam's products. I already had great feedback from my neighbors and now here. Also please use other people's advice(hint hint: junkman) on this forum about wet sanding. It is not for everyone and you must be very cautious/careful when doing this process.

You guys are too kind! Thank you everyone who has posted in my thread and viewed my thread.

Orange peel; if you look at a orange, it has the texture or look of an orange. Hence, why its called orange peel. For example, look at my first picture, or look at my trunk in one of those pictures. It should give you an idea. Hope that answer your question and others.

In addition to my other posts, I started as a noob a year ago w/ the porter cable 7424xp and fell in love with Adam's products because of the ease of use and amazing results. As time went by, I wanted to upgrade to the Flex polisher when it was first introduced. I had ups and downs with the Flex as I thought it was too much for me. Which led me to return it. Sadly, I regret returning it and I made a mistake. I really appreciate how awesome Adam's customer service is and answering all my emails, especially Ashley! Anyways about a few weeks later, I bought the Flex again along with other products because I felt bad and guilty for returning it. I watched Adam's videos, junkman's videos, and emailed Ashley. From that, I seemed to pick it up rather quickly and it definitely took some practice and time. Now that it is a year later, I am able to achieve the results I want with the Flex. Once again, thank you Adam and your team, and Ashley(thank you for doing the impossible) for her amazing customer service. My advice is, if your not getting the results your looking for, be patient, take a deep breath, and practice. Use all the tools from Adam's forum, Adam's website, Adam's crew, and don't be afraid to email them.

P.S. I know I left out some other amazing examples of Adam's customer service. Let me just say they have the best customer service around. And you will see my continued support!

Orange peel; if you look at a orange, it has the texture or look of an orange. Hence, why its called orange peel. For example, look at my first picture, or look at my trunk in one of those pictures. It should give you an idea. Hope that answer your question and others.

Makes sense :banana:

Do you think the PC with 4" pads would beable to correct the wetsanding from 3000 gritt?

I have actually removed a 2500 grit with the PC using the 4 inch pads. In fact, I only used the 4" orange pad and SHR. Although, it did take more passes and work compared to the Flex. I believe it was around 3-4 passes(SHR > flashed > wipe polish > repeat 3-4 times) using good technique, whereas the Flex can do it in 1-2 pass(es). I am positive you can remove the 3000 grit with a good technique using the PC and 4" pad.

Great work! That came out beautifully. I really want to get the orange peel look outta my WHOLE truck, but I don't think I'm ready for that. I might have to make a trip up to AJ :D. I'm sure he would have no problem helping if I provided him free steak dinners for life lol.

Do you think the PC with 4" pads would beable to correct the wetsanding from 3000 gritt?

I have actually removed a 2500 grit with the PC using the 4 inch pads. In fact, I only used the 4" orange pad and SHR. Although, it did take more passes and work compared to the Flex. I believe it was around 3-4 passes(SHR > flashed > wipe polish > repeat 3-4 times) using good technique, whereas the Flex can do it in 1-2 pass(es). I am positive you can remove the 3000 grit with a good technique using the PC and 4" pad.

I have been able to remove sanding marks from 3000 grit sandpaper with the large orange pad and SHR on the PC. Should be even quicker with the 4" pads.

For everyone reading this thread, keep this in mind. There is no where near enough clear coat on a factory paint job to remove all of the orange peel in your factory paint. If you try to do this, you will end up thinning out your clear coat and causing premature failure down the line, and that's if you don't actually strike through at some point. They don't put anywhere near close to the amount of clear on today's cars for you to be doing this.

The process consist of clear coating the paint and then wet sanding the orange peel away. You then have to keep repeating that process until you build up enough clear on the car and get it flat. That takes a lot of clear and a lot of sanding and is why the process cost so much.

For everyone reading this thread, keep this in mind. There is no where near enough clear coat on a factory paint job to remove all of the orange peel in your factory paint. If you try to do this, you will end up thinning out your clear coat and causing premature failure down the line, and that's if you don't actually strike through at some point. They don't put anywhere near close to the amount of clear on today's cars for you to be doing this.

The process consist of clear coating the paint and then wet sanding the orange peel away. You then have to keep repeating that process until you build up enough clear on the car and get it flat. That takes a lot of clear and a lot of sanding and is why the process cost so much.

This fact just ruined my hopes :(

Archived