Customer Service 866.965.0400

Is APC good for your hair?

StormChaser

Question

The answer is NO but my roommate feels differently.

Obviously since I buy the best for my car, naturally I do the same for my hair too! I am a snob, what can I say?

Anyway that being said, I have a flat iron that is THE flat iron of all flat irons. It's titanium, sleek, and smoothes my hair like you couldn't believe. 450 degrees will do that. Since I moved in with my roommate in April, she has adopted half of my stuff including the hair products I use.

Now, she uses the iron daily and doesn't clean it when she is done. On top of that, she will touch up her hair after putting a lot of chemicals on her hair...this causes build up. I only use the iron after washing it...I don't have to touch up my hair inbetween washes.

I got super angry :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:...because it caked on nasty crap on the titanium plates. I tried using peroxide and rubbing alcohol to no avail. Then my mind wondered to whether or not if the APC would work.

I began to use the APC with the black MF towel. It got off the smaller clumps but the stuff that was caked on....it was not an immediate process. Since it was so late, I decided to soak the MF in the APC and then wrap it around the plates. I couldn't very well soak the unit without destroying it. I was going to clean it tonight when I got home from work.

Anyway I wake up this morning to my roommate coming out of her room with the iron. I looked at her and said "did you just use the iron"? and she was like Yea why? did you need it?" I said no!!! It was soaking in cleaning products. She said "what kind" and of course I said ADAMS car care! She was like "oh well it worked fine, must have burnt off!!!"

So then I get an email from her this AM that said "I can now smell the chemicals" :lol::lol::lol:

Nevertheless...I didn't flatten my hair this morning and I am secretly laughing my A$$ off at her! She will no longer be allowed to use my flat iron. I am going to hide it in my room under my bed or something. I didn't pay 120.00 for an iron that was meant to be abused. Now the 120.00 is NOT consumer price! This iron will NEVER be the same and one day I will get another one....but Yes, please do NOT use APC on your hair, skin, etc!!!

Secretly I hope she ruined her hair...:jester:

I will post pics of the iron, etc from my phone in a few minutes.

OH, and by the way....APC isn't good for flat irons either. It ate away the coating of the iron. So now I need a new one.

150.00 consumer dollars...hopefully I can get one without paying consumer price.

$150.00?? Was that from the soaking or from the using it hot with APC on it?

Yeah, get it clean and lock it away from your room mate. She uses it AND gums it up with the product in her hair. You may have to go to a solvent like Acetone to clean the buildup off the plates when the iron is COLD. BTW, what happened to the photos?

I think the APC is a little aggressive for hair care. We shall see - if her hair breaks or comes out in clumps, that will be an indicator...

Sheesh

Oooooh... her hair is gonna be shot. APC is a pretty effective degreaser... I bet shes gonna have straw for hair after cooking it in with a flat iron. :willy:

I was thinking that after that effective cleaner she needs a conditioner... you could recommend the leather conditioner. :lol:

Oooooh... her hair is gonna be shot. APC is a pretty effective degreaser... I bet shes gonna have straw for hair after cooking it in with a flat iron. :willy:

I think I speak for Brandi on this one but it will be a lesson learned on her part. Now if she does it again she is just flat out stupid and should not be able to breed in any capacity.

Also if she does bald I think she will look somewhat like you Dylan! :jester:

Archived