Customer Service 866.965.0400

What do you think?

InDepthAutoDetailing

I'm looking to sell or trade my 09 Ram to get rid of the high monthly payment. It would be ideal to sell it but with all the extras dealers give on used vehicles makes it pretty much impossible.

Here are a few of the possibilities

2004 Ram SRT-10

2004 Dodge Ram 1500 - MOSS MILLER INC HENDERSON, TN

2008 & 2009 Pontiac G8 GT

Wholesale Inc| Vehicle Profile

Cars for Sale: 2008 Pontiac G8 GT in Lilburn, GA 30047: Sedan Details - 310855481 - AutoTrader.com

And I'm a sucker for these

Cars for Sale: 1987 Chevrolet Silverado and other C/K1500 4x4 Regular Cab in Arab, AL 35016: Truck Details - 310265575 - AutoTrader.com

:help:Too many choices!

And if the payment wasn't the problem I found this

Used 2010 Chevrolet Camaro For Sale | Marietta GA .

If your going to save $140/mth with the SRT10, then I don't know what your unsure of. If you need a truck to bring stuff to shows the the g8 is no use for you. Plus your only going to save half of what you would with the SRT10...

The answer here is SRT10:2thumbs:

I'm looking to sell or trade my 09 Ram to get rid of the high monthly payment. It would be ideal to sell it but with all the extras dealers give on used vehicles makes it pretty much impossible.

Here are a few of the possibilities

2004 Ram SRT-10

2004 Dodge Ram 1500 - MOSS MILLER INC HENDERSON, TN

2008 & 2009 Pontiac G8 GT

Wholesale Inc| Vehicle Profile

Cars for Sale: 2008 Pontiac G8 GT in Lilburn, GA 30047: Sedan Details - 310855481 - AutoTrader.com

And I'm a sucker for these

Cars for Sale: 1987 Chevrolet Silverado and other C/K1500 4x4 Regular Cab in Arab, AL 35016: Truck Details - 310265575 - AutoTrader.com

:help:Too many choices!

And if the payment wasn't the problem I found this

Used 2010 Chevrolet Camaro For Sale | Marietta GA .

Look at the MPG on the SRT10....

Premium gas @ 9/14 MPG.....you wouldn't be saving much of anything with $500 a month gas bills, depending on how far you travel.

It's not a DD. I've only put 2500 miles on my Ram since June.

2500 miles would cost you $1,100 in that truck :)

Haha, just playin man. Is the truck like for fun also? Do you need the performance?

Wait, are you doing detailing full time? is this a legit business resisted with the IRS or is this a hobby cash business.

Think about this, obviously you are detailing. What do you need to do with it? are you going to your customers homes? if so how professional is it going to look to roll up in a car.

I take it you financed, NOT leased. How much are you going to lose on the depreciation of your truck? how many more months do you have left on your loan? in the short term financially dumping your truck and saving $100 bucks a month might look appealing but how much are you going to throw away in the long term? If you owe less then what the truck is worth have you thought about refinancing?

In all reality, the only REAL way to save money is to dump the truck all together and save the cash from the payments over the coming years. If your looking at saving $100 is it really worth it? in reality and in the grand scheme of things $100 isnt going to break you, try not eating out as much, purchasing things that are not required thinking about making the quick trip to 7-11 for a quick slurpy, brewing your own coffee instead of hitting the coffee house in the morning....

You would be shocked at how easy it is to save 100 bucks amonth by looking at the simple things. As a business owner that isnt guaranteed next months bills to be payed i have to cut out things. I was in your position and actually made the mistake of dumping my work van for a cheaper one when the financial crisis hit. Had i not and took my own advice it would have been paid off and not have a 600dollar payment hanging over my head every month.

I have since cut out $230 bucks a month by watching my fianaces and not blowing money on the 1.55 item or drink that really adds up. I then roll that money in a savings account.

If your doing this for business, then i would say dump the truck and lease a new one purly for tax reasons. 100% of it comes off the top and is deductible. That means payment, gas,adams car care,insurance etc... When you purchase a vehicle you can only right of the depreciation of it and makes no sense business wise to purchase a vehicle.

Good luck man, i wish i had never saved the 100some bucks a month by getting rid of my work truck. was by far the worst financial decision of my young life.

Wait, are you doing detailing full time? is this a legit business resisted with the IRS or is this a hobby cash business.

Think about this, obviously you are detailing. What do you need to do with it? are you going to your customers homes? if so how professional is it going to look to roll up in a car.

I take it you financed, NOT leased. How much are you going to lose on the depreciation of your truck? how many more months do you have left on your loan? in the short term financially dumping your truck and saving $100 bucks a month might look appealing but how much are you going to throw away in the long term? If you owe less then what the truck is worth have you thought about refinancing?

In all reality, the only REAL way to save money is to dump the truck all together and save the cash from the payments over the coming years. If your looking at saving $100 is it really worth it? in reality and in the grand scheme of things $100 isnt going to break you, try not eating out as much, purchasing things that are not required thinking about making the quick trip to 7-11 for a quick slurpy, brewing your own coffee instead of hitting the coffee house in the morning....

You would be shocked at how easy it is to save 100 bucks amonth by looking at the simple things. As a business owner that isnt guaranteed next months bills to be payed i have to cut out things. I was in your position and actually made the mistake of dumping my work van for a cheaper one when the financial crisis hit. Had i not and took my own advice it would have been paid off and not have a 600dollar payment hanging over my head every month.

I have since cut out $230 bucks a month by watching my fianaces and not blowing money on the 1.55 item or drink that really adds up. I then roll that money in a savings account.

If your doing this for business, then i would say dump the truck and lease a new one purly for tax reasons. 100% of it comes off the top and is deductible. That means payment, gas,adams car care,insurance etc... When you purchase a vehicle you can only right of the depreciation of it and makes no sense business wise to purchase a vehicle.

Good luck man, i wish i had never saved the 100some bucks a month by getting rid of my work truck. was by far the worst financial decision of my young life.

Thanks for the advice. I don't detail full time yet. I'm slowly working my way into that. It is a legit business with license & insurance and I pay my taxes.

As for losing value on my current truck, I bought it used. The NADA right now is about $4000 more than what I owe. Of course I wouldn't have that much equity if I trade. I also bought the truck for $3000 less than NADA.

Thanks for the advice. I don't detail full time yet. I'm slowly working my way into that. It is a legit business with license & insurance and I pay my taxes.

As for losing value on my current truck, I bought it used. The NADA right now is about $4000 more than what I owe. Of course I wouldn't have that much equity if I trade. I also bought the truck for $3000 less than NADA.

Sounds like you have a good thing going man, keep it up :)

Do you have an accountant? if so the first thing they are going to ask you is if your leasing your vehicle. Ive been in business for 5+ years and last year was the first time i got an accountant, I thought i could do everything my self but that is simply not the case. I held off for four years until a competitor of mine strongly urged me to go to an accountant. I threw away so much money over the years by not understanding how or what exactly I could deduct.

At the time I was financing my vehicles. she strongly urged me to lease, when my GM took a sh!t i got a Mini and it was my first lease. I was hesitant because i was taught my whole life it is the worst thing you can do. Essentially i am driving my Mini for free (it is used for business and pleasure) My work van is 500 bucks a month but in reality it is costing me 235 bucks a month, Otherwise the money would be going right to uncle Sam. Everything gets deducted, i mean everything! from gas, oil changes, adams, lettering, maintenance, insurance etc.

With a purchase you can only deduct depreciation or vehicle expenses. not both. Unless you plan on driving that vehicle into the ground with 400k miles then you should lease.

Seriously something to think about since your a legit business. Get an accountant, if you haven't already. They will tell you how much you can afford a month and what makes sense financially.

IMHO your truck is gorgeous, I love a deep metallic burgundy especially when its polished up. Get it lettered with your company logo and contact. People will look, believe me :)

If you want something flashy to show off then go Lease an Audi A5 IN BLACK and get it tinted. I guarantee you with that cleanly lettered you will have more business then you know what to do with :D

How many months left on the loan do you have and how much are you ideally looking to save? Sounds like you got a really good deal on the truck.

Archived