2012 Maserati Gran Turismo S Limited Edition

Team Adam's

[x]Do Want

[ ]Do Not Want

:drool:

0e6fc92e.jpg

f7478236.jpg

13ed4394.jpg

<object width="654" height="436"><param name="movie" value="http://www.boldride.com/swf/autoviewer.swf?xmlURL=http://www.boldride.com/ride/2012/maserati-granturismo-s-limited-edition#sign-in/images/xml/"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.boldride.com/swf/autoviewer.swf?xmlURL=http://www.boldride.com/ride/2012/maserati-granturismo-s-limited-edition#sign-in/images/xml/" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="654" height="436"></embed></object>

Maserati presented the GranTurismo S Limited Edition at the Bologna Motor Show to celebrate 150 years of Italian unification. With an exclusive limited edition of 12 cars intended for the Italian market, the GranTurismo S Limited Edition is characterized by unique trim levels and contents.

The model’s exterior sports the exclusive matt Sebring Blue, which shows off its elegant lines yet also highlights its sporting aggression. These characteristics are also emphasized by the use of carbon elements, in particular the front spoilers, side mirrors, door handles and rear spoiler. The brake calipers are made of hand-polished aluminum and stand out beneath the 20-inch rims, the side skirts are painted matt black, as are the headlights, to lend the car a still more aggressive appearance.

As far as the interior is concerned on the other hand, the blend of sport and elegance is perfectly expressed by elements common to the MC Stradale version. In this case too, carbon finishes frame the instruments and the controls on the dashboard and central tunnel.

Finally, the commemorative Centocinquantenario (“150th Anniversary”) of Italian Unification plate is located at the base of the central console. This bears the official logo as well as the number of units produced, to confirm the sheer exclusivity of this version.

The GranTurismo S Limited Edition is accompanied by the entire Maserati range at the stand in Bologna, the very city where Maserati was born in December 97 years ago.

In the stand’s sport section, in addition to the car which celebrates the 150th anniversary of Italian unification, stand the GranCabrio Sport, the GranTurismo, the MC Stradale and the GranTurismo MC Trofeo in racing livery.

The GranTurismo S Automatic and the Quattroporte Sport GT S, on the other hand, are to be found in the section of the Maserati stand dedicated to elegance and luxury.

looks great. dont they have a corvette motor in them?

Doesn't look like a LS motor to me.

GranTurismo_10.jpg

The Maserati GranTurismo S is powered by an eight cylinder, 4,691 cc V90° engine that develops 440 bhp at 7,000 rpm and produces a maximum torque of 490 Nm at 4,750 rpm. The timing is actioned by two overhead camshafts per bank and four valves per cylinder controlled by hydraulic tappets. The overhead camshafts on the aspirated side are controlled by a low pressure, continual phase variator with an actuation time of less than 0.15 seconds.

The 4.7 litre V8’s maximum power is achieved at 7,500 rpm but can reach 7,600 rpm in dynamic conditions with on-the-limit gear changes. The power unit is one of Maserati’s new breed of wet sump engines.

no, masserati is owned by the fiat group (yes, the same ones that own Crysler now) if anything it is probably a souped up version of a SRT Engine...not up on my maserati knowlege as much as audi/BMW/Aston Marton

Looks nice, will be in the shop as much as a GM though :jester:

AND.........its not in manual, therefor its a paperweight to me.:willy:

no, masserati is owned by the fiat group (yes, the same ones that own Crysler now) if anything it is probably a souped up version of a SRT Engine...not up on my maserati knowlege as much as audi/BMW/Aston Marton

Looks nice, will be in the shop as much as a GM though :jester:

AND.........its not in manual, therefor its a paperweight to me.:willy:

They actually do share the same engine architecture as the current Ferrari V8s, just different displacements and configurations (Fiat owns Ferrari too.)

Looks nice, will be in the shop as much as a GM though

me and my parents combined have 4 GM vehicles and never been to the shop except for maintenance :glasses: GM is the boss :patriot:

Being honest so don't yell at me lol. But it doesnt really grab my attention. :(

For the price it costs, I could think of a lot of other things I could spend the money on.

Archived