Customer Service 866.965.0400

The search for my new Daily Driver

Chase@InsanePaint

I sold the 300. New owner will take possession next weekend. I've been yearning for something that can "go anywhere" that isn't necessarily a speed queen. Like a Jeep Wrangler or Dodge Ram or other pickup. Just kinda been feeling like all of our cars in the Tubbs family stable are somewhat "delicate" ya know? Like always having to be careful with every aspect of driving them. And that's no big deal on the Charger (lip spoiler, low stance, headers, etc) because it's kinda expected, it's how I built it!!!

But I've been craving a daily driver that doesn't have those characteristics, as the 300 does. Make sense?? Just something the wife and I can hop into, go out of town, and don't have to consider the ride height or the wheels, or the terrain of the town we drive to. Follow me?? So with all my financing in line, here's what I've been debating......

Primary candidate #1. Wouldn't touch this thing upon delivery, other than the full-on Adam's treatment. But no mods will take place. Just buy it, and drive it. We're simply waiting to agree on a price (I am NOT paying $45k, lol):

2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, $44,900 - Cars.com

This is another one on my radar:

Jeep : Wrangler Jeep : Wrangler | eBay

So ya get the idea about the Jeeps, I'm not gonna post EVERY one I'm watching. But here's a couple other things I'm considering. I've ALWAYS loved the feel of a vintage ride. It's just a matter of finding the "right" one:

Chevrolet : Blazer Chevrolet : Blazer - eBay (item 280770208789 end time Dec-02-11 13:00:00 PST)

Ford : Bronco Ford : Bronco - eBay (item 110783917503 end time Dec-04-11 12:59:55 PST)

Also been heavily looking at Ram1500 trucks. Just can't seem to find the right one.......

It's what you want. I would look into the Ram1500, or one of the Rubicons. I know the blazer and bronco look nice and would be a good collection but they may not be reliable. Just my 2 cents.

Seriously, find a used 2007 Tahoe (before GM's bankruptcy) I love them and are perfect for hoping in and going. They ride great and look great. As long as you get a GM product before bankruptcy your relatively safe!

45k for a Jeep!? that had better be stick and the engine gold plated. I could never live with my self paying that much for one. You can get alot more SUV for your money, especially if your willing to pay 40k something.

Here is one for 30k

Cars for Sale: 2007 Chevrolet Tahoe LT in Jenkintown, PA 19046: Sport Utility Details - 305169807 - AutoTrader.com

Also if your looking at the 40k range then buy a brand new BMW X3. They are stupidly fun to drive, handles like a dream (for being an SUV) and are built like a tank. AND they are designed and built 100% in America :patriot: you can get a really NICELY equipped one for around 38k after negotiations your probably looking at around 35600 range BMW is running an awesome "Mission to drive" sales event too so with 2500 credit your looking at 33k for it :thumbsup:

My opinion... 4 door Jeep Wranglers = Ew.

Get a Crew Cab RAM.

You're the first person that hasn't been supportive of the Jeep idea, lol. Thanks for the feedback! :)

my choice will be either the ram 1500 or a Chevy Tahoe/GMC Yukon or even Sierra

Not into the Tahoe/Yukon deal. I've looked at Sierras though, for sure. Just can't find the right one.

It's what you want. I would look into the Ram1500, or one of the Rubicons. I know the blazer and bronco look nice and would be a good collection but they may not be reliable. Just my 2 cents.

I've thought about that. The K5 blazer has been restored & is super fresh though. And if there were ANY issues, I know multiple guys that can help tune it. And parts are inexpensive & easy to repair. So no worries there.

rubi, those are fun and you can go have some offroad fun, then come back to the GCSRT8 and tear up the pavement :D haha

Lol. :)

Seriously, find a used 2007 Tahoe (before GM's bankruptcy) I love them and are perfect for hoping in and going. They ride great and look great. As long as you get a GM product before bankruptcy your relatively safe!

45k for a Jeep!? that had better be stick and the engine gold plated. I could never live with my self paying that much for one. You can get alot more SUV for your money, especially if your willing to pay 40k something.

Here is one for 30k

Cars for Sale: 2007 Chevrolet Tahoe LT in Jenkintown, PA 19046: Sport Utility Details - 305169807 - AutoTrader.com

Also if your looking at the 40k range then buy a brand new BMW X3. They are stupidly fun to drive, handles like a dream (for being an SUV) and are built like a tank. AND they are designed and built 100% in America :patriot: you can get a really NICELY equipped one for around 38k after negotiations your probably looking at around 35600 range BMW is running an awesome "Mission to drive" sales event too so with 2500 credit your looking at 33k for it :thumbsup:

#1) I can't stand the late 90's to mid 00's interiors of the Chevy trucks. Just feels cheap to me. Can't do it. #2) I'm not paying $45k for that jeep, I stated that. Already talked them down under $40k. But for the record, it has roughly $7-9k of wheels/suspension/winch/bumpers etc on it. WELL worth it. #4) Preciate the info on the bimmer stuff. But an X3 is not my speed at all. Way too girlie for me.

F150 Raptor FTW. :rockon: Or a Ram power wagon.

:edit: The orange wrangler is awesome.

Would LOVE either one!! Can't find a power wagon for sale. And Raptors are out of my price range for a DD.

Looked at that one. Just don't like the color. At all.

Thanks for all the feedback boys!! Keep it comin!!

Some vehicles that I would personally love to own that might fit the bill

G wagon is just timeless

Unlimited wrangler (already mentioned)

Sierra Denali (because I have one)

Newer 4runners are pretty nice

I also like tahoes and Denali's if that fits the description

I know its hard to pin it down, I search, study and analyze, hell thats half the fun. Thats a few ideas that come to mind, some of them might not even be close to what you like or need though, lol!

This is cool if your still feeling an older 4x4. But could turn into a project.

Jeep : Cherokee Jeep : Cherokee | eBay

#1)Preciate the info on the bimmer stuff. But an X3 is not my speed at all. Way too girlie for me.

Haha, you think like me.

Take your time man, like they said, searching is half the fun. It's not like you have to make a decision quick because you need a ride. You have that taken care of already. Many people don't have the luxury of being in that situation.

Alot of good info the fella's are providing....

I sold the 300. New owner will take possession next weekend. I've been yearning for something that can "go anywhere" that isn't necessarily a speed queen. Like a Jeep Wrangler or Dodge Ram or other pickup. Just kinda been feeling like all of our cars in the Tubbs family stable are somewhat "delicate" ya know? Like always having to be careful with every aspect of driving them. And that's no big deal on the Charger (lip spoiler, low stance, headers, etc) because it's kinda expected, it's how I built it!!!

But I've been craving a daily driver that doesn't have those characteristics, as the 300 does. Make sense?? Just something the wife and I can hop into, go out of town, and don't have to consider the ride height or the wheels, or the terrain of the town we drive to. Follow me?? So with all my financing in line, here's what I've been debating......

Primary candidate #1. Wouldn't touch this thing upon delivery, other than the full-on Adam's treatment. But no mods will take place. Just buy it, and drive it. We're simply waiting to agree on a price (I am NOT paying $45k, lol):

2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, $44,900 - Cars.com

This is another one on my radar:

So ya get the idea about the Jeeps, I'm not gonna post EVERY one I'm watching. But here's a couple other things I'm considering. I've ALWAYS loved the feel of a vintage ride. It's just a matter of finding the "right" one:

Chevrolet : Blazer Chevrolet : Blazer - eBay (item 280770208789 end time Dec-02-11 13:00:00 PST)

Ford : Bronco Ford : Bronco - eBay (item 110783917503 end time Dec-04-11 12:59:55 PST)

Also been heavily looking at Ram1500 trucks. Just can't seem to find the right one.......

chase glad to see you sold the 300 love that blazer man a real mans truck car whatever you wanna call it. good luck with your decision how about an old 1955 ford f-100? just a random thought

Whats wrong with GM vehicles after Bankruptcy???:confused: They are the same vehicles they were before. There is not differenct between a 2007 Tahoe and a 2011 Tahoe (exept the addition of better features). Actually since the bankruptcy GM has come out with some amazing products like the Volt, Cruze, Sonic, Regal etc....

The product quality has only gotten better

Whats wrong with GM vehicles after Bankruptcy???:confused: They are the same vehicles they were before. There is not differenct between a 2007 Tahoe and a 2011 Tahoe (exept the addition of better features). Actually since the bankruptcy GM has come out with some amazing products like the Volt, Cruze, Sonic, Regal etc....

The product quality has only gotten better

I tend to be on this side of things also. It looks to me like GM really turned things around, and are building a better vehicle now.

Here's you one. Just a small lift and a couple size larger tires.

2010 Chevrolet 1500 $36,000 Or best offer - 100421861 | Custom Show Truck Classifieds | Show Truck Sales

And here's a Jeep I'd you'd rather go that route.

1999 Jeep Wrangler $32,000 - 100394257 | Custom Show Truck Classifieds | Show Truck Sales

Pulled the trigger on this one.

Built by the dealership owner himself. 1300 miles on it. NOT ragged, never seen off-road. Painted to match. WELL modded. Absolutely flawless Jeep.

This Rubicon was $39k brand new. It has $10k in mods. And I snagged it for $38k. I feel VERY good about that.

The wife and I have ALWAYS wanted something we could "go anywhere" in. And some form of "convertible." This solves BOTH problems. Has plenty of attitude & flash. And it's a beautifully executed & modified Jeep. VERY HAPPY with my decision. Upon receipt, it'll get the FULL Adam's Polishes treament, including the new spray sealant. Only other mods planned are Magnaflow turndown cat-back exhaust & K&N cold air intake.

And yes. I know what I'm getting into. This has been thought about & researched for a few months now. It'll be SUPER-TOUGH to let my pretty 300 go. But I knew what I was doing when I put this plan into motion. Fully aware of what a rowdy-lifted-35" tire Jeep will be like. Ready for a new passion to begin. And remember boys.....................I still have my Charger. Now it's the best of both worlds. :)

Archived