Customer Service 866.965.0400

spray sealnt on my helmet?

J Tegeler

Question

In the winter months I get a little bored, so I was looking at my helemt thinking how could I make it easier to clean bugs off? The helmet is Matte white with a chrome mirror visor. So my question is would the sealnt be okay to sue on a matte color and the visor? I know glass sealant would eat away at teh coating on the visor so that is out!

8 answers to this question

Test a small area out first. You are looking for protection, right? I mean, there may be some gloss added by applying the new QS, but it the helmet an actual Matte finish and feel?

Yep matte finish and feel, I will psot some pictures up when I get home tonight. I dont mind a little gloss lok to it though aslogn as them dang bug guts come off easy. I use DS to keep it clean currently

Yep matte finish and feel, I will psot some pictures up when I get home tonight. I dont mind a little gloss lok to it though aslogn as them dang bug guts come off easy. I use DS to keep it clean currently

If you don't like it, just take some IPA and remove it!

That's the beauty with this stuff...it's not like you have to drag a machine out now...just shake, rattle, and spray!

I sealed it up last night. I did some 50/50 areas and saw 0 differnce in shine on the matte color. also on the visor it only seemed to help water beading a small amount. But looking forward to seeing how easy bugs come off after winter.

Archived