Customer Service 866.965.0400

Shine Crew Complete: 1968 Buick Riviera

THE Mook

What's going on?

Back with another write-up from the Fall Collector's Auction in Auburn, Indiana. This time it was a Black, 1968 Buick Riviera. Beat up a bit, the beauty hidden by holograms and neglect. The Shine Crew knew it was gonna be a challenge.

We threw about everything we had at this beast. Severe Swirl Remover, SHR, FMP, BG, SVRT, IUS, In and Out Spray, Glass Cleaner, CUC, and the list goes on. I should note that all the metal, being as old and cruddy as it was, either on the bumpers or wheels, was hit with Revive, followed by MP #1 and MP #2. Greg was so meticulous throughout the whole trip about making the Britework better than bright again. I am really excited about this write up. I love the results the Shine Crew got!

Before:

Taking some pics the day before we started, it was more than obvious we were gonna have some fun with the Flex. :rockon:

DSC_0310.jpg

Closer:

DSC_0311.jpgDSC_0312.jpg

It was time to wash, and Justin and Greg were ready to tackle that.

SAM_0733.jpg

After the wash and masking off the bad spots in the paint, yup, we weren't just seeing things.

DSC_0073.jpg

We used Waterless Wash, APC, and Edgeless Towels to clean the engine bay up. Dressed it with either a SVRT/Water mix, or In and Out Spray, or both.

DSC_0190.jpg

DSC_0192.jpg

Justin and Brandi masked this baby off, while Greg and I concentrated on making the old, crusty, vinyl top look new again and hit the interior with some magic. Followed by hitting the wheels, tires, and wheel wells with SVRT and IUS.

DSC_0053.jpg

DSC_0160.jpg

Now it was time to dig in, plug in, shut up and move! Justin and I started on each end with the Flex, Brandi joined in with the Porter Cable.

DSC_0057.jpg

DSC_0059.jpg

DSC_0136.jpg

DSC_0144.jpg

DSC_0129.jpg

DSC_0151.jpg

The results we were getting were keeping smiles on our faces as the humidity and heat began to beat down harder on us as the day progressed.

DSC_0159.jpg

DSC_0161.jpg

Here is Justin helping to put the finishing touches on this baby before the team walk down.

DSC_0202.jpg

DSC_0209.jpg

Brandi thinking she was being funny taking a picture of me taking a picture. :lolsmack:

DSC_0194.jpg

(said pic)

SAM_0770-Copy.jpg

RESULTS!!!

Thank you to Greg, Brandi, and Justin for helping to make this thing beautiful again! It's not the sexiest car in the world, but damn it sure was sexy when we let it go!

:thumbsup:

A little same spot before and after:

SAM_0767.jpg

SAM_0766.jpg

DSC_0193.jpg

DSC_0153.jpg

DSC_0196.jpg

DSC_0204.jpg

DSC_0207.jpg

DSC_0208.jpg

SAM_0765.jpg

SAM_0768.jpg

SAM_0769.jpg

Dropping it back into the Check In lot:

SAM_0771.jpg

SAM_0772.jpg

SAM_0774.jpg

SAM_0776.jpg

Thanks everyone for stopping by. Again, thank you and I can't say it enough to the Shine Crew, Justin, Greg, Brandi, and Flaco (not a part of this particular detail).

Mook

:cheers:

That was not the coolest car I worked on as part of the team but it was by far the best results I have seen from myself. I was pretty dang happy with it! The left side is my main personal best!!! After that car, I was no longer afraid of the dreaded BLACK rides!!!

I had an amazing time with the guys. While I was totally wimping out because of the heat, I loved every minute of it.

That's what I thought. Definitely increased the value in my opinion.

Need to do a little experiment one of these days.

Send a car across the auction block in the condition this was in before... see what it sells for.

Detail it out and send it across the block again... my money says the value increases significantly :thumbsup:

Are those tires popped or something?

Anyways, nice car! I always wanted a Riviera.

We saw this a lot out there...cars going to the block don't always have awesome parts...flat tires, dead batteries, blown fuel pumps...you name it...heck some of the details we did, we were pushing the car around!

Mook

We saw this a lot out there...cars going to the block don't always have awesome parts...flat tires, dead batteries, blown fuel pumps...you name it...heck some of the details we did, we were pushing the car around!

Mook

Not my prettiest moment....pushing cars!

HAHAHAHAHA

No power steering!!!! EEK!

Archived