454SSguy

Question

Wash

Clay

Polish

Glaze

Wax

Seal

I'm sure this has been asked somewhere but I didn't see it in a sticky or any recent threads. Sorry I didn't really do a search either. Just curious how much is too much. It's not very feasable to do a "full" detail more often than once every two weeks. I figured the waterless wash maybe once a week or so. How often should I polish wihtout hurting anything, how often should it be needed. Same question for the Glaze Wax and sealent.

7 answers to this question

I wash/ detail weekly. I wax / glaze about every 6-8 weeks. 2 major details - clay ,polish etc.- a year unless I get over spray from somewhere. Once you get the car "right" then it's easy to maintain using the grit guard2 bucket wash and the Master Blaster to dry.

Wash 1-2 times a week

Clay 3-4 times a year

Polish 3-4 times a year (I touch up small spots when they need it)

Glaze I always us BG after MSW

Wax I wax my bumper about twice every 3 weeks (it takes alot of abuse) and the rest of my car about once a month

Seal - Every time I clay/polish, and then some. Typically every 2 months.

What I do is highlighted in red.

So I don't have a dryer, and wasn't planning on buying one. Is it ok to just towel dry my car, or should I go pick up a $25 leaf blower some where. I can't justify the cost of the Dryer from adams right now, trying to do a build and all.

So I don't have a dryer, and wasn't planning on buying one. Is it ok to just towel dry my car, or should I go pick up a $25 leaf blower some where. I can't justify the cost of the Dryer from adams right now, trying to do a build and all.

When you use the leaf blowers they are UNFILTERED AIR and so that means any dust particles that the blower intakes will blow directly onto your paint and we all know how much dust leaf blowers kick up as well. There is a reason why the air dryers from Adam's are alittle expensive as they offer filtered and heated air. I do not have any of the drying tools other than 2 great white drying towels and DS and it does a sufficient job for me. It's not a touchless process and I probably induce some micro scratching but that is my process and my paint is not 100% as its a daily driver.

Cliffsnotes version is don't use the leaf blower as you will be throwing dirt onto a freshly washed car and then taking the clay bar after that and grinding it into the paint.

Actually I have had great success with leaf blowers drying the car. I never noticed any extra swirling or anything coming from the blower. Just clean it out with adams once in a while and you will be fine. Now, I mostly used mine for engine bay/wheels/cracks/grilles but it's all good.

Archived