Customer Service 866.965.0400

4" focus bad adapter stuck in pc...

Sandalwood

Question

So I was using some SHR with the 4" pads to correct my glass...when all the sudden the thing starts to wobble like crazy and the focus pad flew off (thankfully no harm done). I thought it had broke at first but then realized it just unscrewed itself from the adapter somehow...

Well the problem is, now I can't get the adapter out of the pc? The velcro attachment is the only thing that will screw off, and when I try to use the wrench, the whole counterweight just spins around with it.

Its been awhile since I switched the adapters, am I doing something wrong?

6 answers to this question

I had a problem similar to this a while ago. I had forgotten how to take it off! But once i figured it out it made a whole lot more sense!

For me i take two wrenches and use one on the very top (the adapter) and then one on the bottom to keep it still while I ca unscrew it. It looks to be one solid piece, which is what threw me off at first. Hope that helps!

1. Unscrew the velco pad off, like you did

2. Place ugly wrench they give you on the threaded stud

3. Take a 11/16 BOX end on the remining focus bad stud

4. Stagger the wrenches just a hair, and pinch them together.

5. It will come off every time. Me personally, I wouldn't use adjustable pliers, as eventually it will round the corners and will be a real beotch to get off.

Mine was tight, but still spun off and damaged my paint. You are lucky it didn't chip your glass. Now, I use 2 PC's and just Loc-Tited all components of the plates.

1. Unscrew the velco pad off, like you did

2. Place ugly wrench they give you on the threaded stud

3. Take a 11/16 BOX end on the remining focus bad stud

4. Stagger the wrenches just a hair, and pinch them together.

5. It will come off every time. Me personally, I wouldn't use adjustable pliers, as eventually it will round the corners and will be a real beotch to get off.

Mine was tight, but still spun off and damaged my paint. You are lucky it didn't chip your glass. Now, I use 2 PC's and just Loc-Tited all components of the plates.

Thanks for the tips..

Tried loc-titing the velcro to the adapter in an effort to give me some leverage when unscrewing it from the PC (since I won't be using the drill adapter)... but after letting it cure for 24 hours it still unscrewed before the adapter did LOL :lolsmack:

At least I know i'm not alone in this boat... I'll get it eventually..

EDIT: I got it...thanks everyone.

Archived