Customer Service 866.965.0400

Fine machine polish and sealant

Green Machine

Question

I know these are designed for the PC but can you use them for hand polishing?also does the glaze take the place of the sealant in hand polishing? just trying to figure out a good combo to use! Not open to PC right now in the future yes but afraid to screw something up. Any advice is welcome and thanks for comments!

12 answers to this question

Do you have the products already or are you a future customer?

If the latter - go with the revive polish and spray sealant. I would imagine the MSS and FMP could be used by hand, but if you don't have them right now.. get the right stuff.

As for glaze. No. Glaze offers "no" protection, it is merely a gloss enhancer with minor imperfection filling capabilities.

Also... get a PC. I had never machine polished in my life and within 2-3 panels you will get the hang of it. Trust me - I don't know the difference between a wrench and a hammer. Okay that's an exageration but you get my point.

I know these are designed for the PC but can you use them for hand polishing?also does the glaze take the place of the sealant in hand polishing? just trying to figure out a good combo to use! Not open to PC right now in the future yes but afraid to screw something up. Any advice is welcome and thanks for comments!

Sorry, Edited my post, for some reason I thought I read something on the 4" focus pads. The replacement for FMP would be revive if polishing by hand.

Glaze does not replace of sealant. Adams came out with a spray sealantAdam's Polishes - Adam's Quick Sealant for those who don't have a pc.

Do you have the products already or are you a future customer?

If the latter - go with the revive polish and spray sealant. I would imagine the MSS and FMP could be used by hand, but if you don't have them right now.. get the right stuff.

As for glaze. No. Glaze offers "no" protection, it is merely a gloss enhancer with minor imperfection filling capabilities.

Also... get a PC. I had never machine polished in my life and within 2-3 panels you will get the hang of it. Trust me - I don't know the difference between a wrench and a hammer. Okay that's an exageration but you get my point.

I didn't buy anything yet I figured I'd work with the hand polish first and then move on. Thanks for the info I appreciate it greatly.the wife asked me what I want for Christmas and I said wax! She said ok and how much do you want ? I just laughed if you could have seen the look on her face it was priceless I guess women just don't get it well some women not all:2thumbs:

I didn't buy anything yet I figured I'd work with the hand polish first and then move on. Thanks for the info I appreciate it greatly.the wife asked me what I want for Christmas and I said wax! She said ok and how much do you want ? I just laughed if you could have seen the look on her face it was priceless I guess women just don't get it well some women not all:2thumbs:

Hand polishing wont give you the results you would get with a pc. Pc is very safe to use, so since the wife is buying u an xmas gift...make it a good one and get a pc kit :2thumbs:

Yup, the revive polish and then the spray sealant if you want to use a sealant. For waxes, there's buttery, and Americana premium paste wax.

I was nervous about machine polishing, but within 2 months of getting buttery wax, detail spray, and the revive and an applicator, I had a PC. It is so safe even a total beginner like me (with black paint no less) had great results. You won't believe the results you can get with a Porter Cable 7424xp and Adam's SHR and FMP (and their appropriate pads).

I have the fine machine polish and was wanting to know the same. I am getting the PC for Christmas and I know that I won't be able to get all the tight areas so was wondering if using it by hand would be ok.

I've applied MSS by hand to the tough smaller spots on the car without issue, but haven't (and probably will never) apply FMP by hand.

... and to the poster who is afraid of machine polishing and is thinking of buying hand products, don't waste your time. I know Adam has to have these products available, but honestly it is too time consuming to get the results you will expect. Jump right in to the PC. It is made for the novice (like me) and you won't have an issue. Trust me, you will never go back to hand polishing again.

I've applied MSS by hand to the tough smaller spots on the car without issue, but haven't (and probably will never) apply FMP by hand.

... and to the poster who is afraid of machine polishing and is thinking of buying hand products, don't waste your time. I know Adam has to have these products available, but honestly it is too time consuming to get the results you will expect. Jump right in to the PC. It is made for the novice (like me) and you won't have an issue. Trust me, you will never go back to hand polishing again.

Thanks brotha

Revive is the HAND POLISH alternative to FMP.

APW, Buttery Wax or Quick Sealant from there.

IMO you won't get the desired results by hand. For something like SHR, you need to have your arm operate @ 6000 OPM, and FMP about 5000 OPM. Not enough Red Bull in the World!

You can in theory apply MSS by hand, but with the new Quick Sealant, why?

BG is a glaze. It's not a polish or a wax. You won't get the proper protection out of it, but boy, does it make things pop!

Archived