Customer Service 866.965.0400

Question on Technique

07RS4

Question

Ok guys/gals...I'm at a point during my two bucket wash that I haven't quite perfected yet, and to be honest, it's really bugging me:help:

Fast forward to the final rinse (just completed 2 bucket wash, and you just got done rinsing all the soap of your vehicle).....

What do you guys do now...say the temp is about 55 out like it was on Saturday around here.

This what I've done...and I always get some drying that requires me to take a towel to the car..mostly my wife's van...and clean up some water spots no matter how hard I try.

a. I have spritzed the entire car with DS, then dried the entire car with a drying towel, then hit all the pockets that hold water with the Master Blaster.

The problem with this is...I have to blow out the standing water, and use a drying towel in the other hand to hit the water that comes out.

b. I spray the entire car with DS and use the Master Blaster to hit all the standing water, and THEN dry with the drying towel.

The problem with this is the water has always dried in a few spots before I can get it with the towel because the Blaster on the wheels, pockets of water, glass, etc. takes me so long.

c. I've tried drying the entire van with the Master Blaster....but that never seems to work out either.

The problem with this is, the glass, wheels, or something on the car has always dried before I can finish.

What do you guys see wrong with what my technique? What have you guys/gals found is the best procedure (after your final rinse) is the most effective technique. I always seem to have to touch up with WW or DS more than I would like. Please :help:

Don't get me wrong, the final outcome is always great, but I'm trying to AFSO21 my procedures, haha. (That's government speak for trying to do things the most efficient way, and save me some time. Which means $$ in the future). haha. All inputs appreciated.

25 answers to this question

Good luck Dave, let us know what worked for you

Thanks Anthony. It'll work out, I'm sure. Just fine tuning, you know. We all work for the perfect process that fits our needs:rockon:

Nice job man...glad to see it worked out for you. We learn from each other. Overcast skies are awesome aren't they?

I would say next time, do the pool rinsing on the decline, that should work out really well for you. Just use the hose end with low pressure and knock off all the big droplets, it should help you immensly.

Also, if you really want to ENJOY your washing experience, don't feel like you need to keep wetting the car down. Just wash in a methodical manner (you will eventually perfect your own vehicles), rinse and do what you did above. If there is no sun and the paint is cool, then you should have any water spots that won't be taken off with the DS or WW wipedown.

Good job man. What did you use as a water softener? Pardon me if you mentioned it already. Seems like a nice idea.

Yeah culdnt have hopped for better weather. And to think I was gonna wash it yesterday when it was much hotter.

Im gonna be getting some quick disconnects this week so Ill try the pool rinsing technique maybe next weekend if Im able to.

Trust me I really enjoyed washing today; much better than last week. Again thanks for the tips:2thumbs:. Like you said, I just need to practice more, which I have no problem diong.

I actually used some old stuff I had laying around from before I found Adams. The bottle was almost full so I figured id use it up some how. Ill PM you the stuff, I dont want to break any forum rules.

THANK YOU 07RS4 & Wardo:bow::cheers:

I was able to wash the SUV today with no water spots!!!

I worked early in the morning like you guys said. Overcast skies; a big plus!

-Tried keeping the truck wet until dry time

-foam gun made soaping up much easier.

-I used high pressure to knock off th suds

-I then washed out the foam gun, put water and about 1/2 oz water softner into the foam gun and sprayed the whole truck down (07RS4, This is the step I mentioned to you last time. Since last week was the first time I used a foam gun, I didnt think of this idea 'till after I finished)

- I then moved the SUV back a bit down my drive way to help get some of the water off. Pulled it into my carport, and started the drying process. Didnt pool rinse since I figured this step would help... it seemed to. Also since I dont have the quick disconnects yet it wouldve been a big hastle going from foam gun to hose.

- Grabbed my big drying towel by its corners and went around the vehicle as fast as possible.

-Grabbed the sidekick and tried to quickly blast out the water holding spots only from the side that was in direct sunlight.

-I then went back with the DS and another drying towel and a WW towel only on one side panel by panel.

-Once the sunny side was dry, I went and did the other side.

No water spots wat so ever!:banana:

Nice job man...glad to see it worked out for you. We learn from each other. Overcast skies are awesome aren't they?

I would say next time, do the pool rinsing on the decline, that should work out really well for you. Just use the hose end with low pressure and knock off all the big droplets, it should help you immensly.

Also, if you really want to ENJOY your washing experience, don't feel like you need to keep wetting the car down. Just wash in a methodical manner (you will eventually perfect your own vehicles), rinse and do what you did above. If there is no sun and the paint is cool, then you should have any water spots that won't be taken off with the DS or WW wipedown.

Good job man. What did you use as a water softener? Pardon me if you mentioned it already. Seems like a nice idea.

THANK YOU 07RS4 & Wardo:bow::cheers:

I was able to wash the SUV today with no water spots!!!

I worked early in the morning like you guys said. Overcast skies; a big plus!

-Tried keeping the truck wet until dry time

-foam gun made soaping up much easier.

-I used high pressure to knock off th suds

-I then washed out the foam gun, put water and about 1/2 oz water softner into the foam gun and sprayed the whole truck down (07RS4, This is the step I mentioned to you last time. Since last week was the first time I used a foam gun, I didnt think of this idea 'till after I finished)

- I then moved the SUV back a bit down my drive way to help get some of the water off. Pulled it into my carport, and started the drying process. Didnt pool rinse since I figured this step would help... it seemed to. Also since I dont have the quick disconnects yet it wouldve been a big hastle going from foam gun to hose.

- Grabbed my big drying towel by its corners and went around the vehicle as fast as possible.

-Grabbed the sidekick and tried to quickly blast out the water holding spots only from the side that was in direct sunlight.

-I then went back with the DS and another drying towel and a WW towel only on one side panel by panel.

-Once the sunny side was dry, I went and did the other side.

No water spots wat so ever!:banana:

this past summer our new midnight blue tahoe was really testing the limits of washing with out spots. hard water and super dry air are the worst to deal with.

I have successfully washed in the sun. I only attempted this so i could test the results. More work is what you end up with.

Here has been my best technique.

1. wash at night or early as morning (morning not an option for me during the weekdays)

2. constantly go back on spray the areas you have finished hosing down during your first rinse. Key is not letting water dry.

3. foam gun, the adams soap is key. something to due with the soaps ph levels make it much safer than water drying on the paint.

4. wash fast as you can, top down. Most of the truck has dried soap by the time i'm done.

5. rinse with hard pressure to blast off any dried soap suds. then pool rinse (best drying trick ever)

6. hit the whole truck with detail spray

7. dry with master blaster, top down. hit all the little cracks and big pools if any. work fast. Dry the wheels wells and wheels, takes ten seconds a wheel.

8. great white add detail spray per panel. this step was huge improvement over just using the towel on dried DS. water spots don't stand a chance.

The key is keeping the soon to dry water occupied with detail spray of soap.

it took me 3 hours to was the tahoe today, extra steps for me are a must with this weather.

Good to hear you got rid of the water spotting:2thumbs:

Ill try your method as mine left me with some pretty mean water spots that didnt come out with DS(This only happened to 1 panel that was in direct sunlight and I think I missed hitting the small secion with DS).

Ill have to try it next weekend.

I have an idea that I will be trying as well, unfortunatly i didnt think of it until after I was done. Ill let you know if it works.

Sweet, good luck. That sun will get you everytime, or at least make your job that much more difficult.

Yeah, I got it down man. I just need some tweeking...I'm always looking to save time and enhance results.

Here's a few things I do now.

1. Work early in the morning or late at night (point is, cool paint/no sun). You can do it in the sun, but why? On a hot day, you'll be getting waterspots before you even grab your drying agent if you do it in the sun.

2. Sheet rinse

3. Mist with WW, I flipped on the DS. Liking the results much better.

4. Blow out all standing water first...I know my cars pockets. I would rather blow the water all over a wet car than one I just dried.

5. Dry by dragging your towel over your paint from the corners.

6. Blow dry wheels

6. Final buff all with a SS or DS.

Good to hear you got rid of the water spotting:2thumbs:

Ill try your method as mine left me with some pretty mean water spots that didnt come out with DS(This only happened to 1 panel that was in direct sunlight and I think I missed hitting the small secion with DS).

Ill have to try it next weekend.

I have an idea that I will be trying as well, unfortunatly i didnt think of it until after I was done. Ill let you know if it works.

Any luck with the drying tecnique 07RS4?

Just wondering as I am having the same problem.

Yeah, I got it down man. I just need some tweeking...I'm always looking to save time and enhance results.

Here's a few things I do now.

1. Work early in the morning or late at night (point is, cool paint/no sun). You can do it in the sun, but why? On a hot day, you'll be getting waterspots before you even grab your drying agent if you do it in the sun.

2. Sheet rinse

3. Mist with WW, I flipped on the DS. Liking the results much better.

4. Blow out all standing water first...I know my cars pockets. I would rather blow the water all over a wet car than one I just dried.

5. Dry by dragging your towel over your paint from the corners.

6. Blow dry wheels

6. Final buff all with a SS or Double Soft.

Tried it...believe it or not, wasn't a fan. But that was only once IIRC. Yeah, my first move is pulling in the guyrage, blasting water from wheels/pockets, DS panel by panel = success? I hope so...if not, I'll enjoy the search. What a tough dilemma to be stuck in. Haha.

Any luck with the drying tecnique 07RS4?

Just wondering as I am having the same problem.

Yeah, Those are nice. But I don't do the volume of cars to justify the $$.

those units are not meant to do a high volume of cars. they are meant for the home user. I do admit they are pricey and so is the resin needed to refill it. but I bought it as a gift to myself. and here in Vegas with the Hard water and HOT summers, it has proven to be indispensable. I no longer stress while washing the car in the summer. Detailing is fun again with the addition of the CR spotless system.

Chase, I have a Noobie question.

You blow out the cracks and crevices last. Doesn't that create water running down the side of the car that you have to dry with a drying towel as you go along?

No big problem but that would seem logical.

You are correct. :) I prefer this method. Water running out of cracks is easily spotted on an already dried car. That's how I know when I got it all out. :)

Use the WW as a drying agent rather than the DS.

I switched recently and swear by the results.

PS: Addressing one or two panles [tops] at any one time is the secret to a top-notch successful wash, dry or pratically every other vehicle application.

Tried it...believe it or not, wasn't a fan. But that was only once IIRC. Yeah, my first move is pulling in the guyrage, blasting water from wheels/pockets, DS panel by panel = success? I hope so...if not, I'll enjoy the search. What a tough dilemma to be stuck in. Haha.

Use the WW as a drying agent rather than the DS.

I switched recently and swear by the results.

PS: Addressing one or two panles [tops] at any one time is the secret to a top-notch successful wash, dry or pratically every other vehicle application.

Thanks guys for all the comments, tips, tricks and advice. I will try them out next wash cycle on the vehicles. Looks you all have different techniques that work for each of you, I'm sure a one of them, or a hybrid of all of them will fit my needs. My goal is to streamline it, and get the quickest, best results possible. All of which your comments will help me achieve.

Dave

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com><o:p><P><SPAN style=I wash twenty limousines a day, and have perfected the way I wash, at home. But this works for me, I don't know if it will work for you!<br><br><o:p></o:p></SPAN></P>First-Two bucket wash (shade, sun, hot, cold) makes no difference to me)<o:p></o:p>

Second- Rinse whole car down with fire hose nozzle<o:p></o:p>

Third-Spray "entire" car with detail spray<o:p></o:p>

Forth-Sheet rinse, buy taking the fire hose nozzle off and sheet the water right off<o:p></o:p>

Fifth-dry windows<o:p></o:p>

Six-dry rest of car top to bottom<br><br><o:p></o:p>

My Nissan and Honda never have any issues with holding water. It works great for me.<o:p></o:p>

<o:p> </o:p>

</o:p>

Chase, I have a Noobie question.

You blow out the cracks and crevices last. Doesn't that create water running down the side of the car that you have to dry with a drying towel as you go along?

No big problem but that would seem logical.

My number one recommendation on this, is to wash AND dry in the shade. Even on a 50* day, you'll get spotting if the car is washed in the sunlight. That simple practice alone will stop your problem. Washing a temperately cool car, also helps, because you don't have the engine heat & brake rotor heat drying parts of the car faster. Make sense? I've learned the parts of the day that my driveway has shade, and I detail at those times. If your driveway has NO shade at any point in time. Then go buy a halogen twin light stand and detail at night (I do this as well). The car isn't drying because you're too slow. It's drying because of sunlight or parts of the car that are warm will dry faster. Follow me?

But for the record, I dry:

Wash vehicle in shade. Rinse vehicle in shade.

Spray entire car with DS.

Absorber dry entire car.

Blow out cracks & crevices with sidekick.

This process has yielded me spot free drying EVERY TIME even in the summer. I'm telling ya, the shade & a temperately cool vehicle are the secrets. :)

yep i do what most others do.

take fire hose nozzle off the hose and pool rinse the entire vehicle from the top down, blow out all the cracks, handles, the grille, wiper cowl with my master blaster, then go to town with DS and a drying towel panel by panel from the top-down, front-back. then use WW and a WW towel on the wheels, because most the time water dries up on them before i get to them.

I use deionized water from a little kit by CR Spotless for the final rinse. If it dries on the finish before I can get to it, it does not leave spots.

After I've towel dried and blown out the cracks, I go ever the entire car with detail spray as it gives the finish an extra "Pop". (love detail spray)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, Those are nice. But I don't do the volume of cars to justify the $$.

Thanks guys for all the responses...it looks like the consensus is blow out all the cracks, then a panel by panel DS wipedown. I always sprayed the entire vehicle with DS. This may be where I was going a stray.

Chris,

1. I'll be honest, I do it about 50% of the time. I usually forget to sheet rinse because I find myself getting in a hurry after the final rinse for some reason.

2. I really don't notice during a shower persay...but I do know that people in this area if they leave their vehicle in front of the sprinklers...you get some wicked water spotting. I just corrected a truck that had it bad and it was a PITA. I would say yes.

3. Yes I can and do about 50% of the time I'd say.

For me..I pool rinse then blow dry entire car (including cracks/handles/mirrors etc). Then panel by panel spritz with DS as needed. I wouldn't get too worried if u get a few areas that have the water dry if you're using DS while you're drying. It's not like them setting dry for 5-8 minutes is going to cause any damage and should wipe right off after rewetting with the DS.

I use deionized water from a little kit by CR Spotless for the final rinse. If it dries on the finish before I can get to it, it does not leave spots.

After I've towel dried and blown out the cracks, I go ever the entire car with detail spray as it gives the finish an extra "Pop". (love detail spray)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heres how I usually dry my car.

After 2 bucket wash, I bring the car into the garage. I hit all the cracks,grills, door handles and big puddles of water with the master blaster. I try to do this as quick as possible that way there's no water spots. after I go one pannel at a time, spritz with ds and wipe dry with the GWDT. Continue until the whole car is done. When the entire car is dry. I then clean/dry the door jambs and trunk with the waterless wash and Waterless wash towels.

Archived