Customer Service 866.965.0400

TV Show discussion

Osok

Just wondering if anyone is as in love with the following tv shows as I've become:

Sons of Anarchy - Amazing series end to end. Season 4 just ended lastnight (didn't watch yet but will sometime today)

Homeland - series on Showtime. Wasn't sure I was going to dig this but it's turned out to be real solid for a new show. Some interesting twists.

Breaking Bad - series on AMC. This one was recommended to me by a buddy and all in all start to finish since season 1 it's been really solid..IMHO.

:cheers:

I know I watch way too much tv so I'm not going to name all those shows I enjoy, but the main ones are Bones, Chuck, Franklin & Bash, How I Met Your Mother, Leverage, NCIS, Phineas & Ferb (yes, I am 20 and still watch kid shows lol.), Psych, Rizzoli & Isles, Suits, The Big Bang Theory, and The Glades.

No, I do not watch most of them while they are on...I do have to study...but I have DVR so that's why there are so many tv shows lol.

I need to jump on the Sons of Anarchy Bandwagon, I hear its awesome. My two main shows are:

Boardwalk Empire and Justified.

We love Justified - Elmore Leonard creates some great characters. Timothy Olyphant does a great job as Raylan, but we are really going to miss Margo Martindale as Mags next season. The scene where she took a hammer to her son's hand when he needing punishing was great drama. In her defense, it was not his gun hand!

I rarely watch TV during prime time and don't record anything, but in the chance I catch something when it's on, here are my prefs:

-Modern Family

-Mythbusters

-Chasing Classic Cars (loving this and it comes on late when I actually can watch it)

-Wheeler Dealers

-Phineas and Ferb (I find myself sticking around to watch if my daughter is)

-Poker

I enjoyed these, but haven't seen them in a while and don't know if they are on:

-Rules of Engagement

-The Middle

-Chuck

My wife on the other hand LOVES TV and is particularly addicted to reality TV.....ugh. However I do find myself staying to watch with her if the following shows are on as the cast is generally easy on the eyes:

-Pan Am

-Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader thing that's on CMT

I have never jumped on the Sons of Anarchy bandwagon but I really should. I have every homeland episode recorded but I have not watched them yet lol, but it looks good.

These are the shows I watch religiously:

The Walking Dead- (Best Show On TV!!)

Hell On Wheels

Top Gear (both)

The Car Show

The Big Bang Theory

How I met Your Mother

Two and a Half Men

2 Broke Girls

Mike and Molly

Rules of Engagement

South Park

Futurama

Wilfred

Beavis and Butthead

Ugly Americans

Terra Nova

Eureka

Storage Wars (Never thought i would want to wach a show about people bidding on storage units but for some reason I have to keep watching it)

The Layover- (Anthony Bourdain's new show)

No Reservations with Anthony Bourdain

Boardwalk Empire - amazing show! gonna be sad after the season finale b/c it'll be gone for a long time and its kind of my sunday night ritual to watch it now.

Game of Thrones - patiently waiting for this to come back. What an amazing show. HBO always impresses.

Breaking Bad - just started watching at the beginning of this season after hearing so much about it. Liked it so much I went back and watched the first 3 seasons on netflix in my spare time.

The Wonder Years - Netflix has the entire series on their VOD service... been watching a couple episodes at a time from the beginning. Its funny to get nostalgic about a show that aired in the 80's and 90's but is about the 60's and 70's :D

The Sing Off - not my usual style of show... got hooked on it b/c my wife loves it and now I'm kind of addicted. Amazing singers on there and even more amazing is its done all without instruments.

Others I'll DVR and watch if I have time:

GoldRush

Mythbusters

How I Met Your Mother

Other than that I'm an ESPN and MLB network watcher.

I rarely watch TV during prime time and don't record anything, but in the chance I catch something when it's on, here are my prefs:

-Modern Family

-Mythbusters

-Chasing Classic Cars (loving this and it comes on late when I actually can watch it)

-Wheeler Dealers

-Phineas and Ferb (I find myself sticking around to watch if my daughter is)

-Poker

I enjoyed these, but haven't seen them in a while and don't know if they are on:

-Rules of Engagement

-The Middle

-Chuck

My wife on the other hand LOVES TV and is particularly addicted to reality TV.....ugh. However I do find myself staying to watch with her if the following shows are on as the cast is generally easy on the eyes:

-Pan Am

-Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader thing that's on CMT

Chuck is still on, but it's the final season because of ratings. A lot of fans are still trying to fight for another, but it won't happen. It is good that they can go out the way they want though instead of just getting cancelled, which rarely happens in television. Great cast though. Haha huge fan if you could not tell lol. Yay another adult watching Phineas & Ferb! :D

Chuck is still on, but it's the final season because of ratings. A lot of fans are still trying to fight for another, but it won't happen. It is good that they can go out the way they want though instead of just getting cancelled, which rarely happens in television. Great cast though. Haha huge fan if you could not tell lol. Yay another adult watching Phineas & Ferb! :D

Loved the first season of Chuck. The tension b/n Chuck and Sarah made it. Once they sort of ignored that tension, it lost something, but I still enjoyed it. It was all inplausible, but so fun at the same time and not so serious. Great concept.

Well I really don't watch TV but maybe a few hours a week. 292_animated_person_watching_scary_.gif

I turn on the Morning News at 6 am and listen to that while I am getting ready for work.

After work, 5 pm News while I am making dinner. Then I might watch the First 48 Hours while eating dinner.

Periodically, I might catch an Episode of Storage Wars-"YEP" lol, Pawn Stars or American Pickers.

10 pm rolls around and I try and catch the News again before my eyes close.

My favorites are:

Top Gear

Phineas and Ferb

WGN-TV News at Nine PM

Mythbusters...did you see what they did yesterday? Search cannon ball and Mythbusters----> OOOOPS!

That's pretty much it. I'm not a fan of Hollywood whether on TV or in the theater. I've seen two movies in a theater since high school; Ordinary People and Jurassic Park III.

<----- Besides, I've got all the entertainment in the world right at home, see sig pic.:D

Currently:

whatever is on Discovery or Velocity

Terra Nova

Castle

Hawaii Five-O

Covert Affairs

Sons of Guns

Revenge

The Office

Person of Interest

Burn Notice

Fringe

The PowerBlock, 2 Guys Garage, Gearz

Leverage

Family Guy

Top Gear

Used to Watch Before being cancelled:

Lost

V

The Event

Human Target

Dark Blue

Memphis Beat

watching TV is somewhat of a hobby for me :D

My wife is addicted to Anarchy. She got me watching Hell on Wheels now and that's a good show. I pretty much watch any car show on tv. And I like Desperate Housewives. Yeah.........I know. :help:

Everybody loves Raymond

Big Bang Theory

Local News

Storage wars

Auction hunters

First 48

Man vs Food

Dr Phil...yea I said it...DR PHIL...hes the man!

Maury....You are NOT the Father!!!

Megabuilders(discovery channel)

Dog whisper

Two and a half Men

The real world

Jersey Shore....Fist pump like CHAMPS

Dirty Jobs

Holmes on Homes

Dateline

Breaking bad

And I think thats it for now

My favorites are:

Top Gear

Phineas and Ferb

WGN-TV News at Nine PM

Mythbusters...did you see what they did yesterday? Search cannon ball and Mythbusters----> OOOOPS!

That's pretty much it. I'm not a fan of Hollywood whether on TV or in the theater. I've seen two movies in a theater since high school; Ordinary People and Jurassic Park III.

<----- Besides, I've got all the entertainment in the world right at home, see sig pic.:D

Paul, I imagine that the kids provide all the entertainment needed. Got to love the little ones and as we all know they are only young once.

I also watch SOA among other shows.

Monday: How I Met Your Mother, Two Broke Girls, Two and Half Men, Mike and Molly

Tuesday: Nothing good on...usually watch Big Bang Theroy Re-Runs on TBS...then SOA.

Wednesday: The Middle, Suburgatory, Criminal Minds, Law and Order SVU.

Thursday: Big Bang Theroy, Person of Interest

Friday: Nothing good on.

Saturday: Powerblock TV (unless it's the new show Search and Restore..don't like that show)...college football.

Sunday: Powerblock TV (if I miss it on Sat)....NFL Football.

That about sums it up. I will watch other shows during the day if they catch my interest but this is what we usually watch 95% of the time.

Adams needs to angle for a show on the History channel.

I watch

Dexter

Homeland

Californifacation

Shameless

Many History channel shows

Illinois basketball and select national good match ups.

(starting to see a pattern where I don't like to change channels)

Archived