Customer Service 866.965.0400

Focus Pad Questions

liquidred

Question

I got a few questions on the focus pads because I am scared of burning up the paint with them? I have watched the videos but have a few simple questions. Sorry if this is a rookie question. I am only trying to get out a few minor swirl marks that the PC did not take care of.

Any special technique with how much pressure?

Is the PC safer to use then a drill?

Same technique as a PC back and forth up and down?

I am new to the entire machine polishing concept and I am just paranoid of ruining my paint. I greatly appreciate the help and sorry if this question is a rookie one.

5 answers to this question

The PC will definitely be safer than a drill. The PC won't burn the paint as a drill will since it acts as a rotary and not an orbital polisher like the PC. Hit it w/ the focus pads on the PC...if that doesn't work, then you may want to try the drill. With the drill you want to constantly keep it moving and don't apply a lot of pressure, if you do so it will start to heat up very quickly and start to burn the paint, but make sure to use 2 hands to keep the drill from "running". That will keep the pad flat.

I got a few questions on the focus pads because I am scared of burning up the paint with them? I have watched the videos but have a few simple questions. Sorry if this is a rookie question. I am only trying to get out a few minor swirl marks that the PC did not take care of.

Any special technique with how much pressure?

Let the pad do the work,enough pressure to maintain control of the machine.

Is the PC safer to use then a drill?

PC is safer,the drill is forced rotation(won't stop spinning).

Same technique as a PC back and forth up and down?

Yes,always keep the drill moving.Be sure to keep your buffing pad flat.

I am new to the entire machine polishing concept and I am just paranoid of ruining my paint. I greatly appreciate the help and sorry if this question is a rookie one.

Hope this helps.

Clarification here...

By moving to a smaller pad on the PC, you won't be gaining any extra correcting power. That's what the drill is for. Make sure, like others have mentioned, that you step back over the parts you went on with the drill, with your PC.

Mook

Archived