Customer Service 866.965.0400

new spray sealent

bonedr

Question

12 answers to this question

Honestly, its a great anytime product! Its a great first layer after a polish or strip wash, and before a coat of americana. If you see your ride isn't beading like it used to, lay some AQS down to bring back the super beading effect. I'm convinced this stuff is the missing link in car sealants. Now, if you put some americana down before the AQS, the longevity of the AQS will only last as long as the Americana.

One thing I haven't tried yet, but will shortly, is to do a comparison of how well the sealant works and how long it lasts on the wheels. Brake dust is a big issue on the Vettes and have tried other products to see how they work. I have found that most products either do one of two things:

1) Great shedding of the brake dust, but only last a couple weeks

2) Last a long time but don't really keep the wheels clean

This product feels like it will be a great blend of long lasting effect and ability to not have the brake dust stick.

:xfingers:

One thing I haven't tried yet, but will shortly, is to do a comparison of how well the sealant works and how long it lasts on the wheels. Brake dust is a big issue on the Vettes and have tried other products to see how they work. I have found that most products either do one of two things:

This product feels like it will be a great blend of long lasting effect and ability to not have the brake dust stick.

Good point. I think it will also depend on what people use to keep their wheels maintained. I'm not a shampoo and water guy for my wheels. I use 2 oz of apc in a 5 gallon bucket with the brushes, and either the GWC or another brand of wheel cleaner for every two bucket. I'm pretty sure that the Sealant wouldn't hold up very well with that combination. But I could be wrong. I think someone should do a test. :thumbsup:

I was actuallys surprised when I cleaned up the DD with an APC wash last month, and the glass sealant was degraded a little, but pretty much with stood my APC wash. The point is, I guess we'll never now till we put it to the test. I can't until Christmas though :)

Great Idea!! Now I just need to buy some!

I did my wheels on my truck a few weeks back with AQS and the dirt and grime just sprays right off. I also did the fender wells they are hard to keep looking clean and AQS make it so much easier.

Just a word of advice DO NOT use AQS in a closed space.

Dave, If you haven't already done so, make the switch to HAWK brake pads.. Brake Dust is not much of a factor after that! :). Also, I've had the sealant on my wheels for a couple weeks now and it seems to be holding up well. Still beading up well after a few rainstorms and driving the car in the rain.

Archived