Customer Service 866.965.0400

First shots of the 300's replacement......

Chase@InsanePaint

So I initially had a deal going on a 2011 Rubicon, with tons of great mods. That one had some title issues, so that deal fizzled. Then I found a 2012 Sahara locally. But when I went to go pick it up to take home, it was the WRONG jeep (yes literally the wrong one), so that deal fizzled. So in this case, third time REALLY WAS a charm, lol. Found a dealer just outside of Atlanta, with this pretty baby. A 2012 Wrangler Sahara, with the new Pentastar V6. As you see it, is how I bought it.

They installed AND WARRANTIED (3yrs/36k miles) a Skyjacker 3.5" lift with springs and shocks (not just a cheapo body/spacer lift), Skyjacker steering stabilizer upgrade. KMC XD series wheels in 17x8.5 with Mickey Thompson ATZ 35"x12.5" tires, including spare. All I've done to this point is totally debadge, and tint the front windows.

I have a "big stick" black antenna on the way, that'll shorten up the friggin OEM CB radio style antenna, lol. And Magnaflow makes a cat-back exhaust already, that I plan to order after I get back from a trip in January. Honestly??? No other plans at this point other than a couple small things. I bought this thing with an extended 6year/100k mile warranty. The purpose of this new daily driver was something I could just buy & drive. I wanted a nice raised ride height, and something we could go out and have some fun in, take the top off, and just ENJOY. I got so sick of the "what car are we gonna drive, ya know the roads are bad" conversation, lol.

Not saying I won't modify it, as a custom CAI will be made by the end of January also, lol. And yes, some KC Daylighters will probably be mounted within 60 days too. But I just wanted something I can drive and enjoy, and not "worry" about. Came stock with upgraded Infinity stereo & the Uconnect group. And they gave me a Hypertech diagnostic tool & speedometer calibrator along with it. Outside of the exhaust, lights, and CAI, I can maybe see a subtle audio upgrade, but that's honestly about it................................................lol. As the dealer did such a PERFECT JOB (at least in my opinion) of doing the suspension and wheels, correctly.

I know I'm a Jeep "poser" as this thing will probably never see a muddy trail in its life, but I don't give a crap. In the one week I've had this thing, I've already grown to love it so much. I can see so many nice evenings just cruising in this thing with the tops off in my future. I still have my Charger for the fast lane, lol. I'm just happy to have something like this in my stable now, it's a totally different kind of enjoyment already.

These are quick shots after a 2-bucket wash, Adams clay bar, Fine Machine Polish, IPA wipedown, and a coat of the new Quick sealant on both paint and wheels. And 2 healthy coats of SVRT on all the plastic trim. It was a gloomy day, so I don't have any real "reflection" shots, but I was eager to shoot some pics nonetheless. After the next upcoming car wash, it'll get layered with Americana Paste Wax over the sealant for bullet-proof protection, and ridiculous shine. Enjoy!

DSC_0028.jpg

DSC_0029.jpg

DSC_0012.jpg

DSC_0013.jpg

DSC_0014.jpg

DSC_0015.jpg

DSC_0016.jpg

DSC_0017.jpg

DSC_0018.jpg

DSC_0019.jpg

DSC_0020.jpg

DSC_0021.jpg

DSC_0022.jpg

DSC_0023.jpg

DSC_0024.jpg

DSC_0025.jpg

DSC_0026.jpg

DSC_0027.jpg

DSC_0011.jpg

Thanks so much for looking!! :)

Looks great!!!!

1. Need interior shots

2. Paint the inside of the bumpers black like the rest of the bumper.

Great buy. Since the 4 door jeep came out, I've always wanted one just like that (hard top, lifted, etc). Best of all (like you said) is it has the warranty with it just as it is....

Dude, that looks fantastic :D:thumbsup:

Congrats i wish you the best of luck with it! is it Stick? please say its stick?:xfingers:

Nah. Auto baby. Wife will need to drive it from time to time as well. Sorry to disappoint bro, lol. :)

Looks great!!!!

1. Need interior shots

2. Paint the inside of the bumpers black like the rest of the bumper.

Great buy. Since the 4 door jeep came out, I've always wanted one just like that (hard top, lifted, etc). Best of all (like you said) is it has the warranty with it just as it is....

Will do man. When she gets that coat of Americana, I'll shoot the interior! All black, super clean.

Not sure about the bumpers. I thought the same thing initially as well, but I like the way the silver ties in with wheels.........? Hmm. We'll see.

Not sure about the bumpers. I thought the same thing initially as well, but I like the way the silver ties in with wheels.........? Hmm. We'll see.

Now that you've mentioned that, I see what you mean in the shot of the rear passenger side...

Nice job on the clean-up Chase. The jeep looks really good, and the most important thing is you are happy! That's all that matters.

How they got you the wrong Jeep, just kills me man. I've heard of mix-ups, but jeesus. That shows they could care less about YOU and where just looking for a sale.

Again, awesome job man. Pssst. I like the bumper the way it is :)

sharp. couple things:

the silver pieces on the bumpers are caps - they come off leaving the same black plastic as the rest of the bumper. front bumper comes off completely with 8 bolts, the rear with 6.

pay attention to the pinch welds on the rear tailgate. its too weak to handle the weight from the 35" tire and wheel combo, and the welds go first.

i hope you got the warranty for the lift in writing, and that it applies to all dealerships. jeep dealers wont even warranty the mopar lift in their own parts catalog. and skyjacker isnt that great of a lift for the wrangler. there are several better options. At a 3.5" lift on the 2012 you will run into clearance problems with your front driveshaft and the exhaust. teraflex makes some spacers to go into the exhaust, and afe makes a complete y-pipe to get the clearance you need.

as far as the lift goes - it looks like they did several things wrong, or the kit is incomplete. at that much lift, you at least need front and rear trackbar relocation brackets, or adjustable trackbars. if you look at your jeep, both of your axles are not centered underneath the jeep. also, it looks like they didnt change out the front swaybar endlinks, which can cause major problems if you intend to use a jeep for what its designed for.

looks like they didnt install longer brake lines with the lift either. if you plan on doing any offroading when you will flex you will rip the brake lines apart. and i would strongly suggest getting adjustable lower control arms for the front, or you might experience "death wobble". do a search for jeep jk death wobble and read up.

looks nice though!!

DSC_0013.jpg

MONEY SHOT!!!!! IMO!! ;)

Paint the inside of the bumpers black like the rest of the bumper.

I agree that the inner bumper does match the wheels very nicely as I've seen this super tall jeep in person...but for me..IF I painted the inner bumper, I'd color match the red..not black.

Also Chase forget the KC lights, as I said from the beginning LED bar ALL THE WAY!!!! :thumbsup:

Looks great buddy!!! Very happy for you!

first off very nice jeep!!! love the color!

secondly i agree wth 2008fx4 below. the skyjacker kit, although it makes the jeep look nice, is a simple mall cruiser lift; but like you said you probably won't go ofroading in it, so thats okay. i would still check into his other comments about the lift.

thirdly, i can almost guarantee your gunna do more than just the intake exhaust lights and sound system to it! at your rate, there's no way you will stop there! look into some rock sliders, steel bumpers, beefier spare tire holder on the back bumper, fender flares, navigation, and gears.

reason i mention gears.... with the large tire size difference between the stock tires and the 35s, your going to get reduced gas mileage. change your gears to something that trick the truck into thinking the stock tires are on it, and you will get drastically better fuel mileage :thumbsup:

here's a link, hopefully i don't open up a whole can of worms on you :loser:Jeep Parts, Jeep Accessories & Jeep Wrangler Parts From The Jeep Parts Experts - Quadratec

sharp. couple things:

the silver pieces on the bumpers are caps - they come off leaving the same black plastic as the rest of the bumper. front bumper comes off completely with 8 bolts, the rear with 6.

pay attention to the pinch welds on the rear tailgate. its too weak to handle the weight from the 35" tire and wheel combo, and the welds go first.

i hope you got the warranty for the lift in writing, and that it applies to all dealerships. jeep dealers wont even warranty the mopar lift in their own parts catalog. and skyjacker isnt that great of a lift for the wrangler. there are several better options. At a 3.5" lift on the 2012 you will run into clearance problems with your front driveshaft and the exhaust. teraflex makes some spacers to go into the exhaust, and afe makes a complete y-pipe to get the clearance you need.

as far as the lift goes - it looks like they did several things wrong, or the kit is incomplete. at that much lift, you at least need front and rear trackbar relocation brackets, or adjustable trackbars. if you look at your jeep, both of your axles are not centered underneath the jeep. also, it looks like they didnt change out the front swaybar endlinks, which can cause major problems if you intend to use a jeep for what its designed for.

looks like they didnt install longer brake lines with the lift either. if you plan on doing any offroading when you will flex you will rip the brake lines apart. and i would strongly suggest getting adjustable lower control arms for the front, or you might experience "death wobble". do a search for jeep jk death wobble and read up.

looks nice though!!

Awesome. I like this one much better then the previous one you showed. I am going to tempt you here!

American Expedition Vehicles - AEV JK HEMI V8 Kit - Engine Conversion for 5.7L or 6.1L into 07+ Jeep Wrangler JK

Mo Power! :lolsmack:

Yup. :) Fully aware of who AEV is and what they do!! VERY tempting, but will have to wait.

Thanks everyone! Looking into some the aforementioned suspension upgrades now, thanks to 2008fx4......

Yup. :) Fully aware of who AEV is and what they do!! VERY tempting, but will have to wait.

Thanks everyone! Looking into some the aforementioned suspension upgrades now, thanks to 2008fx4......

didnt meant to upset you. just dont want you to be driving an unsafe setup around.

as far as getting gears go, the 2012 with the new motor and new transmission react quite differently to tire size changes. you can run 35s on a 4.10 gear with no problems whatsoever on the 2012. in fact, that setup is equivalent to a 2007-2011 on 35s with a 4.88/5.13 (almost) gear. but since you more than likely have 3.73s, you may want to upgrade. if you do change out the gears, you will need an aev procal to program the speedo. I wonder how the dealer set up the speedo with your tire size since they are only able to program up to a 33" tire.

good luck with the new ride!!!!

didnt meant to upset you. just dont want you to be driving an unsafe setup around.

as far as getting gears go, the 2012 with the new motor and new transmission react quite differently to tire size changes. you can run 35s on a 4.10 gear with no problems whatsoever on the 2012. in fact, that setup is equivalent to a 2007-2011 on 35s with a 4.88/5.13 (almost) gear. but since you more than likely have 3.73s, you may want to upgrade. if you do change out the gears, you will need an aev procal to program the speedo. I wonder how the dealer set up the speedo with your tire size since they are only able to program up to a 33" tire.

good luck with the new ride!!!!

Ok. So which lower control arms would you recommend out of these??

Jeep Suspension Upgrade Parts for Jeep Wrangler TJ

And I won't be touching the gears, so we can forego that duscussion.

Archived