Customer Service 866.965.0400

Power Washer Questions

TheCarBarber

Question

So I am finally putting together a mobile unit instead of be tied down to spigots and outlets.

After many comparisons and reviews, I picked out this power washer which includes a detergent bottle that connects on the wand. Can I expect that to work similar to a bought separately foam cannon?

Blue Clean AR112

As for the generator to power it, I was looking at the 1800-2000 watts which seem to run from 13-16 amps. The AR112 runs at 12 amps, so that should be enough juice right? Also, does anyone know what the PC draws? I can't find the specs anywhere.

Lastly, the water tank. Those of you who have gone this route, about how many gallons do you use per car. How many cars would a 50 gallon tank supply?

Thanks for your input!

7 answers to this question

Guest Gone & Forgotten

Have you looked at other package units and compared specs with what they put on same trailer/mobile unit?

If I were building my own unit, I'd comb the kits and see what they are pairing together and try to mimic something a little more tailor-made, but similar specs.

Is yours going to be in an enclosed trailer? back of an SUV/MiniVan, open Trailer?

Post pics of whatever you do. I've only seen Astro vans running around here and they use the worst 5 gallon bucket ACME car wash crap (peeked into one one day at a gas station).

do you plan to offer pressure washing too (houses, etc) or just Auto detailing?

yeah the prebuilt ones are crazy expensive. I was originally putting together my own trailer with the same components for around 2-4k less depending on the company.

Then I had a different idea pop into my head and decided to run with that. I wanted to keep the noise pollution down and the gas pressure washers being used are quite loud. I started looking at electric pressure washers and was surprised to find they are available with the same power. They are still loud when running, but only when you are squeezing the handle instead of always noisy. So I figured I can get a quiet run generator between 53-60 decibels and run the electric power washer off of that instead of always being at noisy 80 decibels.

The original thought was a trailer. I recently bought a 2009 Jeep Patriot to use as my company vehicle. Although small and gutless, there is quite a lot of cargo space. I decided I was going to buy all my components and see if I can make them fit and if not, I will then put them all on a trailer. Right now it comes down to the size of the water tank. If I can get by with doing 5-10 cars with a 25 gallon tank, I should be able to make everything fit.

I have my power washer hooked up with a wall mounted reel and a 50 ft. hose, so the power washer stays in one place in the garage and I just pull the hose around. I have more in the reel & hose then I do in the power washer.Only one problem my power washer pump is burned up it needs replaced!:help:

sorry to hear about that! I assume since you have it in the garage you are using a spigot and not a water tank.

The main things I am trying to find out are:

A: Will that detergent dispenser wand attachment work similar to a foam cannon?

B: How many washes can you get out of a 25 gallon tank?

C: How much power does a porter cable pull

Guest Gone & Forgotten

A lot of those 'costco' style electric pressure washers burn up. Half of them burn up (not saying yours did Chris) because people don't feed the water to the unit FIRST then burp the air out of the hoses BEFORE turning the power on.

I've seen mobile rigs with electric PW's on them - I'd look for what PW they are using and see if you can get them under your budget - if not - count on having a back-up unit if using it for commercial use.

I'd convert any system you bought to quick-connect brass fittings. I have YET to see a Sam's Club (my gas unit - Karcher from Sam's) Costco, Home Depot, Lowe's, etc - come with a quick-connect hose kit - unless you buy the $900 model.

My 2600 psi Gas PW is awesome for the $300 I paid for it in 2005. I use it commercially when needed (I paint houses for a living) and use it around the house often. I run 89 octane only and use the ethanol removal treatment sold at Home Depot in my fuel... I burp my lines before starting and only use 5/8th's or larger hoses for supply lines. I also keep the oil topped of at every start. Doing all of this has yielded me 6 years of use from this $300 unit - mostly unheard of. While most gas units are loud... the one I have isn't so bad. Most of the noise comes from rattling which comes from the larger 3600+ PSI units.

I do like your idea of low noise and the simplicity of electrics would be great to incorporate into your design. I'd still look for a more commercial-grade unit if it's in the budget.

To my knowledge, and I'm no expert - you'd still have to buy a foam cannon (like the foam gun for us water hose users). I've pumped adam's straight from my injector system on the Gas PW I have and it's not even close to the foam gun. It's nice and suitable for the average wash - I'd look at it like most coin-op car washes. About that quality. Not GOBS of lather - but enough to lube the car up for the wash.

How much water used per wash depends on size and severity of the wash. A 'not so bad' SUV might eat up as much as your nasty Civic. I'd just call one of the trailer sales places and see what they suggest - posing as a prospective client. Gather intel how ever you have to man.

The PC pulls 4.5 Amps @ 120V @ 60Hz if I'm remembering correctly.

The Flex is 10 Amps in, 590w out.

thanks for all the info and advice!

I'd convert any system you bought to quick-connect brass fittings. I have YET to see a Sam's Club (my gas unit - Karcher from Sam's) Costco, Home Depot, Lowe's, etc - come with a quick-connect hose kit - unless you buy the $900 model.

To my knowledge, and I'm no expert - you'd still have to buy a foam cannon (like the foam gun for us water hose users). I've pumped adam's straight from my injector system on the Gas PW I have and it's not even close to the foam gun. It's nice and suitable for the average wash - I'd look at it like most coin-op car washes. About that quality. Not GOBS of lather - but enough to lube the car up for the wash.

I use quick connects for all my normal hose equipment, but how do they work with these pressure washers that have their own fittings? I assume you can just buy kits that are their fitting on one end and the universal brass quick connect on the other? Which reminds me of another question; I notice the foam cannon replaces the wand of the gun. Can that be set up with quick connects to easily switch between the foam cannon and wand?

As for the detergent injection, you are definitely right. In my research that is what everyone has said about the detergent reservoirs that inject into the power washer. That being said, I had not seen any first impressions for the detergent bottles that attach on the end of the wand, very foam cannon like just not as fancy.

i have the same pressure washer and like stated above the wand that comes with it doesnt work very well....i got a foam cannon from the nerds this christmas so ill be using that hopefully soon

so how do you like the washer?? could I maybe get a mini assessment from you? what ratios did you try in the detergent bottle? I guess it makes sense that it doesnt "foam" well, as it is not ever described that way. It just looks like a plastic version of a foam cannon that already has the right attachment haha.

Archived