Customer Service 866.965.0400

2012 Looks Like It's Gonna be a Dark Year

Odds and Ends

Hi gang,

So, here's what the first week of the new year has dealt me so far:

2011 Volvo that was a dealer loaner car and saw more than it's fair share of car washes and "dealer detailers".

2008 1 owner Audi R8 that has never been polished and had overspray all over it from a front end respray due to a mishap 4 days after delivery. The owner asked me why it felt "gritty"

1999 one owner Lexus GS400 with 85K miles that also showed it's age.

And THEY WERE ALL BLACK!!

More pics on my Facebook Page

Next up: MB E550 in Matte Silver - no polishing this baby!

Ongoing (and pics coming): 2001 BMW Z8 head to toe, inside and out, bespoke detail.

- Darryl

man that R8 is nice! hopefully you get the overspray off of it! how does the paint job look that they re-did? can you tell it was resprayed?

The respray was very nice. A guy backed into it in the owners own driveway. They ended up replacing the hood and respraying the whole front of the car, which is the correct thing to do. It was a very nice job and no sign of repairs. My guess is that the overspray has been on the car since then, so for the last couple years at least. The owner never really had it addressed but knew something wasn't right with the finish!! It's baby butt smooth now and sparkly too!!

- Darryl

Guest Gone & Forgotten

Wonderful work man.

When I'm cleaning my black car, I kick myself in the $#& - when I'm done, I'm reminded why I bought a black car.

• 3 weeks later...

Had to go out of town for a week on a gig fro the "regular job" but back now and got moving on the latest arrival. Yup, it's black.....yup, it was nasty.....except this one has a little surprise for everyone. Facebook album coming soon. It gets even better....while delivering this Cayman S, an office neighbor asked about his wife's Lexus ES Sedan. I asked what color and he sheepishly said "Black?" And, yesterday, one of my Corvette guys came by to show me his new toy - a 2011 Grand Sport that he just traded his old Cyber Gray C6 in for - yup...BLACK. Is there something I should know?

More Cayman Pics Here

- Darryl

Had to go out of town for a week on a gig fro the "regular job" but back now and got moving on the latest arrival. Yup, it's black.....yup, it was nasty.....except this one has a little surprise for everyone. Facebook album coming soon. It gets even better....while delivering this Cayman S, an office neighbor asked about his wife's Lexus ES Sedan. I asked what color and he sheepishly said "Black?" And, yesterday, one of my Corvette guys came by to show me his new toy - a 2011 Grand Sport that he just traded his old Cyber Gray C6 in for - yup...BLACK. Is there something I should know?

- Darryl

Would you rather they all be White? I mean heck, where's the fun in that?!?!?!?!?!

:banana::D

HA! As a matter of fact, NO! In my opinion, white is worse and harder than black and other dark colors. It's super hard to see scratches and swirls on white. When I do a white car, I'm constantly moving and adjusting the lighting to create different angles of reflection to check my work. One of my cars is white and I'm constantly chasing scratches that I miss. At least black shows everything so you know when you're "done"!

- Darryl

Archived