Customer Service 866.965.0400

ATV scratch removal from plastic fenders?

Big O

Question

Has anybody ever tried to remove the scratches from the plastic pieces of an atv? Obvisously the deeper ones are staying but there are a lot of surface scratches I think can be buffed out.

I was thinking about using the focus pads and seeing what happens but I don't want to burn off the gloss from the plastic and have a dull finish. I could use svrt to bring the shine back but I'm assuming that is temporary and would need to be redone all the time to keep the shine.

8 answers to this question

I know my four wheeler has a ton of scratches on it and if I were to try and get them out I would only use pads that I would never use on a car ever. My four wheeler even after I wash it has dirt that does not come off. I would worry about contaminating the pads. That being said I would try some revive on it and see what results you get.

I should qualify my comment i suppose ... my grizzly is babied and kept clean all the time ... no river fordging or mud bogging ... sit in the garage, plows snow, and trail rides.

But you make a very good point, that would blow to contaminate the pads and have issues down the road.

2012-01-27_09-45-56_406.jpg

try this (guessing its ok since adams doesnt make specific atv/motorcycle plastic cleaner)

maxima sc1 adds a shine clear coat look however once getting covered in mud and scrubbed with industrial cleaner after riding you then have to re apply it

try this (guessing its ok since adams doesnt make specific atv/motorcycle plastic cleaner)

maxima sc1 adds a shine clear coat look however once getting covered in mud and scrubbed with industrial cleaner after riding you then have to re apply it

that stuff looks pretty cool:2thumbs:

Archived