Customer Service 866.965.0400

FAQ - "Do the products have a shelf life?"

I need the weather to be warmer.. I have a LOT of inventory thats been around for a while now.. mainly Polish, Sealant, and Wax..

Everytime I've had a chance to detail the G8, it would either rain or the sun would make the car too hot.. sheesh! I wish I had a garage..

• 5 weeks later...
I need the weather to be warmer.. I have a LOT of inventory thats been around for a while now.. mainly Polish, Sealant, and Wax..

Everytime I've had a chance to detail the G8, it would either rain or the sun would make the car too hot.. sheesh! I wish I had a garage..

yea being in the NE right now were gonna have to wait another month plus to get out there and start detailing our cars religiously again :lurk:

• 1 month later...

You know what I have a thermometer inside my cabinet in my house, where I keep my detailing supplies, especially my premium paste waxes. I watch it everyday. If, I notice that it gets more than 85 F in the summer, I will start putting the waxes inside my fridge.

• 2 weeks later...
You know what I have a thermometer inside my cabinet in my house, where I keep my detailing supplies, especially my premium paste waxes. I watch it everyday. If, I notice that it gets more than 85 F in the summer, I will start putting the waxes inside my fridge.

Seems excessively complicated and leaves a large margin for error... why not just refrigerate all paste waxes all the time?

I don't understand the paste wax in refrigerator thing. It was noted in the original post that sub 40 degrees was bad for the product. Refrigerators run at about 37.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD

Pay attention to the rest of the writeup:

INDIVIDUAL PRODUCT CONCERNS

•  
  • Americana is most harmed by high heat which can cause melting, separation, and tub warping. On the positive side hard waxes like Americana can be stored in a refrigerator without any harm to the product. If storing in a refrigerator make sure to allow additional time before use for the product to come up to a usable temperature. DO NOT MICROWAVE THE PRODUCT AT ANY TIME! When storing Americana the surface of the wax should be free of any debris and the applicator should be removed from the pot. The applicator is only placed under the lid for shipping purposes and can cause issues if left inside the pot for extended periods of time.

Can't read the first part, ignore the 2nd part, and expect to get the correct info.

I might not have read any of it I don't like to read. but I knew I wanted to get back to it. But common sense told me if you want a product stored in a room from 40 to 70 degrees you set the fridge at 68 to not waste electricity save that for the beer.

Good point, Dylan! Honestly, I have not cleaned out my fridge yet, so I have no place to put my waxes. Which part of the fridge do you guys recommended I put my waxes in?

As far away from the vent coming in from the freezer. Temps near that vent are very close to freezing

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD

If kept in a fridge you just want to avoid freezing (which nothing in your fridge should be that cold) Americana is fine if its just stored room temp, Patriot on the other hand is at its best if its stored cold and kept that way whenever not in use. The carnauba content is at its best when kept 'fresh' as possible.

• 1 month later...

I keep all the polishes along with my clay, swirl and haze, and brilliant glaze in my laundry room inside the house.  All others are kept in the garage away from sunlight.  I haven't even had a chance to use most of the products in the laundry room.  I keep all the red plugs in the bottles and hope to get several years out of the products. 

Hanging on to the red plugs is a great idea. Put them in your pour/squirt bottles that aren't used that often, like MSS, as they create an airtight seal which helps preserves the product. I have a few older bottles of product that are going on 4 years and still perform like new. Another thing I like to do, especially during the winter, is periodically shake up some of the products that tend to separate out.

Interesting that this topic comes up. I have been a member for 8 years and still have a lot of the original chemicals that I initially purchased.  I recently decided to replace some as noticed a few idiocincracies. Overall the liquids have held up very well, The microfibers and drying towels have periodically had to be replaced.

I have been extremely pleased with the results and longevity of the Adam's products... Specifically the revive polish, swirl and haze remover, buttery wax, Americana, green wheel cleaner, brilliant glaze and all purpose cleaner have lasted very well. The longevity of the detail spray has been lacking but not bad. I cannot attest to the Adam's shampoo as although I regularly purchase this a gallon at a time I wash my 4 cars on a regular basis meaning one gallon doesn't last long due to useage (not longevity). While I believe the Americana has good longevity I have not applied this in several years as it tends to be cloudy when layered. I use 100% Adams products except for the top coat. However, I use the Brilliant Glaze over the brand x top coat. ( sometimes beneath it).

I am 100% sold on Adams Polish products. Even though I believe the 8 year old Adams products are at their productive limits, I am donating my "used" Adams products to my son for use on his boat. I am sure they will result in a positive difference !!.......Unfortunately I will likely be me doing the rub, rub, wipe, wipe,  motion on the boat !!