Customer Service 866.965.0400

'Always ready' foaming solution

mc2hill

Question

I was getting ready the use my Adam's foam gun this morning and thought 'hey, you have a gallon container of Car Wash mixed at wash strength (http://www.adamsforums.com/forums/tips-tricks/4606.htm), why not do the same for the foamer'! So I filled an empty Car Wash Shampoo gallon jug with 96 oz of water and 18 oz of Adam's Car Wash Shampoo (per Dylan's recommendation of 32 oz to 6-8 oz of shampoo). If I want thicker foam I can add a little more shampoo to the foam gun canister.

premixedCarWash006.jpg

premixedCarWash008.jpg

Awesome idea man....may have to steal this one from you too...just like the last one.

Although, I'm not sure it's that much quicker than a few pumps from the gallon jug...but I'll give it a go wen I get an empty gallon container.

005.jpg

I use the same thing dave does on my wheels when I wash. it works awesome

Yeah, that's what I did today. Foams up great with the Boars hair brush, and the best parts is even if you used the entire 36oz, your only out 3oz of product. I use it to go around the vehicle and hit everything that I've taken note of before the wash...while the foam from the foam gun is setting in. This ensure's the foam is there.

i'll have to do this once my current gallon is low! i've been using a spray solution of water and 4 oz. shampoo in a 16oz. bottle for awhile, and just recently picked up a foaming spray nozzle for it. used that for the first time yesterday on my wheels and it works great!

I was getting ready the use my Adam's foam gun this morning and thought 'hey, you have a gallon container of Car Wash mixed at wash strength (http://www.adamsforums.com/forums/tips-tricks/4606.htm), why not do the same for the foamer'! So I filled an empty Car Wash Shampoo gallon jug with 96 oz of water and 18 oz of Adam's Car Wash Shampoo (per Dylan's recommendation of 32 oz to 6-8 oz of shampoo). If I want thicker foam I can add a little more shampoo to the foam gun canister.

premixedCarWash006.jpg

premixedCarWash008.jpg

I made some tonight. Thanks for the great idea. :2thumbs:

Sorry to bring back an old thread but for the old soap you recommend 4:1 for making foam gun solution in bulk - what do you recommend for the new soap? 8:1? I just got a foam gun in a mystery box. Thank you.

4:1 is a LOT of shampoo. Even 8:1 is a lot.

I use 2 oz of shampoo in my Adam's gun and it works great.

I don't always use Adam's soap in my foam cannon, but I always use the same dilution. My bottle is marked off in 100mL segments. I fill it with hot water up to the 900mL mark then soap to 1000mL. This is a 9:1 ratio and it works great. I think anything less than 8:1 would definitely be overkill. And I probably could use a higher ratio and still get the same results. My formula was based on how easy it is to mix with the bottle already graduated. I allows me to get the same mixture every time. With that said, I STILL add a "blob" out of the bottle of soap to the wash bucket along with the remaining solution in the cannon bottle. The main reason I don't use a pre-mixed solution is I like to use hot water in the foam cannon.