Customer Service 866.965.0400

Got a new ride is VW paint harder/softer than others?

Dru

Question

As stated I have a BLACk car(my worst nightmare and pleasure) and wonder if there is any caution or tips since I have had GM products for several years. This car has some severe scratching/swirls on the roof and trunk so I have a week alone w/out wife and child to give this a go, only other question is would Machine Super Sealant be enough for my last step? I have all pads and polishes for the PC and some revive to aid in little things.

Thanks

:pc:

16 answers to this question

I have had the R since late January (ordered it back in October!). I still haven't stopped smiling :D So nice with the AWD, power all gets to the ground and the handling and toss-ability is sublime. It doesn't sounds anything like the old NA R32's but it still has a nice note.

I already have it at APR Stage 1+ (flash and HPFP) so it's ~310HP at the crank.

The sound of the old r32s was amazing...

But the new engines can handle some serious power :burnout:

To the OP, vw clear is known for being very hard

I have had the R since late January (ordered it back in October!). I still haven't stopped smiling :D So nice with the AWD, power all gets to the ground and the handling and toss-ability is sublime. It doesn't sounds anything like the old NA R32's but it still has a nice note.

I already have it at APR Stage 1+ (flash and HPFP) so it's ~310HP at the crank.

How's that thing ride?

Yes, it is Rising Blue Metallic. The only other car VW offers this on is the EOS - however I have seen it on the EOS and it just doesn't look the same as on the R. It pops a lot more on the R but then again I am a little biased :)

The R32 was Deep Blue Pearl.

Nice! Is that a new VW color?

I picked up a 2010 Jetta Tdi Cup Edition back in Dec-sold the Trailblazer SS and with this car~payment, insurance, and MPG I am saving between 3-400 a month and this thing is as fun to drive as a GTI on the country backroads I take to work here she is.

923001721.jpg

I used to have a C5 vette and the clear on that was a beast. My Audi A4 put up a decent fight, too, but not as bad as the Chevy. I find that my VW -- a 2010 jetta is pretty reasonable and not too tough to correct. I typically give it a coat of machine super sealant once a year and then a coat of Americana after every 2 or three washes, and the overall shine holds up very well. :cheers:

Archived