Customer Service 866.965.0400

Just ran out of Detail Spray?!!!?

Bobbygiles

Question

Thanks Guys...I will do..But what does "OTC" stand for? Sorry in advance for my ignorance....Thanks Bobby

No worries. You will not get too many "Do a search" replies on here, we try to remember that we where all the new guy/gal once!

I hate the "search is your friend" reply for this forum. I like to think we are above that.

WW or Glass Cleaner can work in a pinch, just remember that WW is more lubricious than DS...so you would in theory be using less of it...and no not something I would clay with full time.

Mook

I hate the "search is your friend" reply for this forum. I like to think we are above that.

WW or Glass Cleaner can work in a pinch, just remember that WW is more lubricious than DS...so you would in theory be using less of it...and no not something I would clay with full time.

Mook

I have no issues with it as long as it's followed by the answer, or at the least a link to the thread.

I for one use a couple of tablespoons of adams car wash in a spray bottle topped with water and clay right after washing the car and before drying. No need for me to waste DS when I'm just going to polish afterwards.

Chris

I have no issues with it as long as it's followed by the answer, or at the least a link to the thread.

I for one use a couple of tablespoons of adams car wash in a spray bottle topped with water and clay right after washing the car and before drying. No need for me to waste DS when I'm just going to polish afterwards.

Chris

Distilled or straight from the faucet?

Distilled or straight from the faucet?

Straight... I don't used distilled on my car at all.

I think it's a bit of overkill, you know because spending 10 hours polishing ISN'T. lol

Mook

Does Adam's recommend using waterless wash as a safe clay lube alternative?

Straight... I don't used distilled on my car at all.

I think it's a bit of overkill, you know because spending 10 hours polishing ISN'T. lol

Depends on what is in your tap water. I never use tap water for my cooling system or clear bras so I would not use it for my paint other than washing it. I would consider washing the car with distilled water overkill. :D Never heard of overkill when polishing with Adam's. :glasses:

Depends on what is in your tap water. I never use tap water for my cooling system or clear bras.

Yeah, different story altogether... I think people put distilled water on a pedestal. I use distilled in my motorcycles and cars cooling systems, as well as our iron and steam cleaner.

If I am claying, I'm polishing. Why use distilled water? Clay micro mars the paint. I'm sure tap water won't hurt it anymore than clay will. If I was making HUGE quantities of something, I'd use distilled or deionized.

Chris

Edited by Chewy

Yeah, different story altogether... I think people put distilled water on a pedestal. I use distilled in my motorcycles and cars cooling systems, as well as our iron and steam cleaner.

If I am claying, I'm polishing. Why use distilled water? Clay micro mars the paint. I'm sure tap water won't hurt it anymore than clay will.

Chris

Why? Because it's cheap and it's distilled. :D

I was thinking of getting two tanks of Hydrogen and one of Oxygen to make water on the fly, but thought "now THAT may be overkill"

Let me know! I'm in the business! :thumbsup:

Does Adam's recommend using waterless wash as a safe clay lube alternative?

We recommend keeping enough DS on hand so this never comes up. :)

oh you mean this thing?

ban_hammer.jpg

I don't ban with Hammers. I ban with AK-47s. :lol: