Customer Service 866.965.0400

Dried glue(?) on dash removal

NJshineguy

Question

Hey everyone,

So I have what appears to be dried glue on my dash. It looks like the previous owner tried to mount a GPS, etc on the dash, and then took it off without removing the glue. I tried using All Purpose Cleaner to scrub it off, but it didn't even remove the glue a little bit. I'm really not sure what to do with this now, so any advice would be appreciated!

:help:

15 answers to this question

I would try IPA (isopropyl rubbing alcohol) over the area or may be a hair dryer to heat up the glue. Both can cause drying, so Leather Conditioner may be needed after.

I did try IPA earlier, forgot to mention that. I'll have to try the hair dryer though, thanks.

This might sound a little strange to you men but Sally Hansen sells wax strips that comes with this solution that will take off just about anything sticky. It might be worth your $5 to go to CVS and buy a box. Then you can use the wax strips to keep your body smooth. :D

My husband has asked to use it a few times when he is working on someone's car and needs to remove emblems and badges. Goo Gone didn't work but this lil bottle of magic stuff did. :2thumbs:

Just a suggestion...

What ever takes it off will dry the HECK out of the vinyl.

Personally, I'd douse it with SVRT and let it sit... My hopes would be that it would work its way under the glue where you could use a plastic razor or a finger nail and pop it off.

WD-40 or Goo-Gone may be a good choice as well. I'd stay away from solvents.

Chris