Customer Service 866.965.0400

Adam's Wheel Woolie Wheel Cleaning Tools

Team Adam's

Question

Now that the intro special is over (and I see a number of you ordered your sets) figured we could have one place to discuss them/ask questions/share input once you receive them/have time to use them:

762.jpg

Adam's Polishes - Adam's Wheel Woolies Wheel Cleaning Tools

Adam's Wheel Woolies Wheel Cleaning Tools

• High Quality Wool Fibers Clean Safely

• Long Flexible Handles for Tight Spaces

• Variety of Sizes Included

• Made in the USA!

With the variety of sizes and designs on todays wheels finding a solution that will work for your car can be difficult. High performance brakes and tight clearances around wheels, fenders, and other areas of your car can mean cleaning becomes difficult. Thanks to Adam's New Wheel Woolies Wheel Cleaning Tools you'll have more options than ever when it comes to cleaning your car!

Made from ultra high quality, densely packed, wool fibers each Adam's Wheel Woolie is safe for all delicate surfaces, yet still durable enough to clean tough areas like fender linings, brake calipers, and deep inside the hoop of your custom wheels! The long, high strength, flexible shafts are metal free and extremely durable.

Use Adam's Wheel Woolie Wheel Cleaning Tools to take on the inner hoop of your wheels to give them that like new look. Have a large performance braking system with low clearance to the wheel? No problem! The medium and small Adam's Wheel Woolies compress nicely to fit into almost any tight space for safe and effective cleaning.

You'll also love the Adam's Wheel Woolies around your cars grill, exhaust tip, or any other area where traditional cleaning isn't easy. Simply soak the thick wool tips with your preferred soap or cleaner for the job and use the variety of sizes to clean anywhere on your vehicle.

Best of all, they're MADE IN THE USA and backed with Adam's unconditional 110% Satisfaction Guarantee!

Dimensions: Large = 1/2" x 18" shaft, 3.5" x 6" wool head. Medium = 1/2" x 18" shaft, 2" x 5" wool head. Small = 1/4" x 8" shaft, 1" x 3" wool head.

• Answers 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

That's the first thing that I came to mind when I saw the large one, that this would be great for the truck owners.:thumbsup:

RAM trucks have a rubber strips that runs from the bottom of the bed, up to the top of it. These are on both sides of the truck, between the cab and bed.

They don't keep all the gunk out of that area but they do help some. So yesterday I decided to try out the three brushes. This area you mentioned, the brush did a good job where I could reach down with it. However the brush handle just isn't long enough to completely clean the entire area unless you want to crawl under the truck.

For the wheels. Do a good job but wish there was one with a 90 degree bend so you could get behind things and cean. Seen one on another forum that had some kind of hard wire built into it so one could make just about any bend you would want.

For the wheels. Do a good job but wish there was one with a 90 degree bend so you could get behind things and cean. Seen one on another forum that had some kind of hard wire built into it so one could make just about any bend you would want.

Its a issue we've wrestled with as well, problem is, anything with a flexible core like that is going to have a twisted wire center, making it a potential source for scratches or damage on some wheels.

Edited by Dylan@Adams

Its a issue we've wrestled with as well, problem is, anything with a flexible core like that is going to have a twisted wire center, making it a potential source for scratches or damage on some wheels.

Makes sense. I really like these. They seem to just grab the brake dust, why do people even want to clean the backside of the spokes? I know we all like everything as clean as possible but it seems pointless as the only way you could see that is of you pulled the wheels off right? I don't seem my turbo stick getting used much anymore as that never really cleaned the wheel perfect. These seem to do the trick. I really like these!

These are a nice in between for me. I have no reason to Stop using the TurboStick. It's limits are known, but inside of those limits, it's hard pressed to be beaten for sheer cleaning ability, and ease of use. I mean, it sticks into a Power Tool! That's awesome!

I used tehm on my motorcycle yesterday and all I can say is AWESOME! cleaned the wheels, down in the motor area and the swingarm. worked awesome. Did shed a little at first but after that it was all good and held lots of suds

Don't remember which site I seen it on Dylan but the center wire was wrapped in some type of rubber to prevent scratching.

However, after thinking about a center wire, would be a little worried that after bending it numerous times, how long would it take for that wire to break. :confused:

Don't remember which site I seen it on Dylan but the center wire was wrapped in some type of rubber to prevent scratching.

However, after thinking about a center wire, would be a little worried that after bending it numerous times, how long would it take for that wire to break. :confused:

Know exactly which brush you're talking about, and yes... while it is coated using chemicals with it and bending it frequently means only a matter of time until that coating is gone.

Know exactly which brush you're talking about, and yes... while it is coated using chemicals with it and bending it frequently means only a matter of time until that coating is gone.

Tks! Didn't know about the chemical coating on them. Before Adam came out with the new brushes, I almost bought that particular brush. Now glad I didn't. :)

BTW, what was the name of the particular brand of gloves you purchase when you are working with Chemicals? I can only remember the name starting with an "N."

I've never been bothered by working without gloves when it comes to detailing. However I noticed dry hands and a little cracking in the skin the other day. If you don't mind, could you let me know the name of them. Going to give them a try. Tks! :thumbsup:

BTW, what was the name of the particular brand of gloves you purchase when you are working with Chemicals? I can only remember the name starting with an "N."

I've never been bothered by working without gloves when it comes to detailing. However I noticed dry hands and a little cracking in the skin the other day. If you don't mind, could you let me know the name of them. Going to give them a try. Tks! :thumbsup:

Probably nitrile gloves. It's not a brand, it's the material (similar to latex).

Tks Ryan, appreciate it. Just looked it up on the internet - going to buy me a few pairs. :cheers:

Hardware stores should carry small boxes of them. The black ones look better than the light blue ones, but man do they get hot if you were them in the sun! Think I will go for the purple next time.

Tks Ryan, appreciate it. Just looked it up on the internet - going to buy me a few pairs. :cheers:

Got Amazon Prime Shipping? These are the ones I use.....

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Dynarex-Black-Nitrile-Exam-Gloves/dp/B002UFLQ60/ref=sr_1_sc_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1338590150&sr=8-2-spell]Amazon.com: Dynarex Black Nitrile Exam Gloves, Box/100: Home & Kitchen[/ame]

Got Amazon Prime Shipping? These are the ones I use.....

Amazon.com: Dynarex Black Nitrile Exam Gloves, Box/100: Home & Kitchen

Tks Dave: Did a Google search and found this site. Safety, Personal Safety, Hand Protection, Disposable & Chemical Resistant Gloves, Nitrile, - Northern Safety Co., Inc. Seems as if they have a lot of different types, meaning perhaps one that won't make your hands sweat.

I buy the cheap thin rubber gloves and talk about sweat. When you use them for awhile, in the sun, and then raise your arm up, the sweat just rolls down your arms. Getting really tired of that happening. :(

You find a glove that doesn't do that Bill let me know... Nitrile behaves just like any other latex/rubber type glove. It doesn't breath. Guess it can't if its supposed to prevent chemical penetration.

They're cheap, I just pull them off and change gloves every so often when I use them.

Tks Dave: Did a Google search and found this site. Safety, Personal Safety, Hand Protection, Disposable & Chemical Resistant Gloves, Nitrile, - Northern Safety Co., Inc. Seems as if they have a lot of different types, meaning perhaps one that won't make your hands sweat.

I buy the cheap thin rubber gloves and talk about sweat. When you use them for awhile, in the sun, and then raise your arm up, the sweat just rolls down your arms. Getting really tired of that happening. :(

No problem. I never detail in the hot sun anyway, so I'm good:2thumbs: