Customer Service 866.965.0400

HELP !! Shutoff Valve Removal

BucketList

Question

OKAY, I give up! I have 2 Shutoff Valves that have been returned to me due to not being able to get them off the hose.

I have tried WD40, PB, 2 18" wrenches, and I can not get these things to break loose. I set these both up for a customer, and personally know they were only put on hand tight, then checked for leaks, and left alone. I really feel like I am dealing with Galvanic Corrosion between the 2.

Does anyone have any ideas ? This has become a quest. I am lost for ideas.

:lolsmack:

Why does it say 100% high quality brass construction and made here, right in the USA, when it's aluminum?

The manufacturer makes an identical brass version as well. Probably just a cut and paste error of the information for the brass one.

The manufacturer makes an identical brass version as well. Probably just a cut and paste error of the information for the brass one.

I just checked the manufacturer's website and the last line of the description is interesting:

"The 300AL is exactly the same as the 300 Brass, but made from machined aluminum. Lighter weight that its cousin, it is just as durable. Depending on water quality, corrosion may result."

I wonder why Adam's doesn't offer the brass one, unless they just want the lighter weight version.

attachment.php?attachmentid=10502&stc=1&d=1338222399

Edited by LDM

Is this just typical anti sieze compound?

That's a thread sealant, not anti-sieze. It's teflon in a paste form instead of a tape.