Customer Service 866.965.0400

What To Cook On Memorial Day?

DP 08 GXP

I was lucky enough to have my work rotation fall where I have Sunday-Tuesday off so I plan on doing some slow smoking on Monday for the family....what is everyone else making this weekend? any recipes you care to share or pictures of what you've done in the past? looking to get some ideas on what I should make. I've made ribs, chicken breasts, beer can chicken and brisket so far which have all turned out pretty good. I have a rotisserie for my smoker that i havent used yet so i was thinking about using that on some whole chickens but this would be my first time doing that...i have this exact set up below

char-griller.jpg

how many people you cooking for?

smoked rotisserie chicken sounds delicious, and its a healthier way to spend the holidays over pork or beef!

do you have an electronic meat thermometer yet? thats a must have for chicken. you don't want to serve it rare or over done & dry.

i'm travelling this weekend so no BBQ'ing for me. taking the wife to a fancy restaurant saturday and we're going to the beach on Sunday to celebrate our 2 year anniversary.

beer can chicken and brisket

^^^^^^ THIS! Mmmmmm Mmmmmm! :banana:

As always, I will continue my search for some good carne asada. Ever since I moved from Chino, CA to the east coast there is nothing close to it over here. Everyone treats it as an expensive skirt steak when I used to get bag loads of it marinated for cheap. :help:

how many people you cooking for?

smoked rotisserie chicken sounds delicious, and its a healthier way to spend the holidays over pork or beef!

do you have an electronic meat thermometer yet? thats a must have for chicken. you don't want to serve it rare or over done & dry.

i'm travelling this weekend so no BBQ'ing for me. taking the wife to a fancy restaurant saturday and we're going to the beach on Sunday to celebrate our 2 year anniversary.

well as of now it is wife, son, myself and i might invite over a few others so looking around 10 tops...i dont have an electronics thermometer...i have this that i use to stick before i start cooking

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Taylor-Meat-Grilling-Thermometer-Stainless/dp/B000OYHY7O/ref=sr_1_18?ie=UTF8&qid=1337697992&sr=8-18]Amazon.com: Taylor Meat Grilling Thermometer - Stainless Steel: Home & Kitchen[/ame]

congrats on the anniversary...we just celebrated our 1 year last night

anybody have a good brisket recipe?

^^^^^^ THIS! Mmmmmm Mmmmmm! :banana:

As always, I will continue my search for some good carne asada. Ever since I moved from Chino, CA to the east coast there is nothing close to it over here. Everyone treats it as an expensive skirt steak when I used to get bag loads of it marinated for cheap. :help:

Make. Your. Own.

I am for lunch here at my shop!

Holla!

Just about anything you can fit on the grill always works.

just make sure that it is the BBQ Sauce Or Ice cold beer you are grabbing and Not the Detail Spray or Waterless Wash.

But nothing like some Brats and Chicken.... I like to have some special brew. Little something I have not had in a while. I am not a big drinker,, but during my years in the Corps, I have a chance to sample brews from all over.

Hope All you cats have a fun Holiday. But above all else, and I mean this...

BE SAFE AND MAKE SURE YOU ARE HERE TO POST AFTER THE HOLIDAY!!!!!

Will be alot of people out and alot will be drinking..

G - OUT

:patriot: