Customer Service 866.965.0400

Water spots SOS

deltakilo

Question

I absolutely love my 2012 Camaro, the Imperial Blue Metallic is quite a sight. However I can't keep it that way for long at all! Just finished up washing, started to dry and my eyes started to mist... water spots EVERYWHERE :mad:

Its so demoralizing, I'm still battling with the bug guts on the front end, even after quick sealing before my road trip. (is it really safe to use the dryer sheets? wet or dry?)

So I'm sure that I can just use the PC to correct, beautify, and protect :pc: once I have the time, but is there anything I can do in the mean time? I've tried 50/50 water/vinegar solution soaked on the spot, but it seems etched. And all the scrubbing I've had to do to remove previous spots, bird poo, and bug guts has caused all sorts of small scratches that of course only I see!

urjmi.jpg

7 answers to this question

On my Saab I had water spots and what got rid of them was swirl and haze remover by hand believe it or not! There are still some on the car so I want to do a before and after soon with pictures! I also used revive after and it even changed the color of the paint brought back the natural color of the car midnight blue! You could also try the clay bar! Good luck just my 2 cents!

Water Spots can vary in type and difficulty. Generally speaking when I am attacking them on a car I will try the following:

- Clay bar (if the car wasn't recently clayed)

if that doesn't work...

- Revive Polish (usually will try it on a white 4" focus pad on the PC to shorten the time)

if that doesn't work

- Swirl and Haze Remover

if that doesn't work

- Severe Swirl and Haze Remover

Of course if you are using one of the latter methods here be sure to follow-up with the normal process of using the less aggressive polishes to remove the slight haze the more aggressive polishes create.

I've only once not had success with the above, this was in a case where the water spots weren't really spots "on" the clear coat but were etchings "in" the clear coat.

:cheers:

Clay, swirl haze & revive by hand did not help mine. Ordered a pc and some fmp and pad to try. Rich is probably right thought I'd give it a shot. Going to try them all before wet sanding...Good luck and ur right Jay those florescent lights will drive you crazy.

dan