Customer Service 866.965.0400

Need Advice ASAP

04silverado

Question

my neighbor said he admires how clean i keep my truck and begged me to detail his boat before the weekend. He wants me to use Meguiars Premium Cleaner/Wax for marine. My question is in using my adams applicators what is my best approach.

1.) Should i mix all purpose cleaner with my adams car shampoo for the wash? or just straight adams car shampoo?

2.) Which applicators pads should i use? Or should i do this with the Porter Cable? If using the PC which pad should i use? I thought the white pad but am not sure?

3.) After the wash should i put down say Quick Sealant or Brilliant Glaze?

please chime in guys!

6 answers to this question

my neighbor said he admires how clean i keep my truck and begged me to detail his boat before the weekend. He wants me to use Meguiars Premium Cleaner/Wax for marine. My question is in using my adams applicators what is my best approach.

1.) Should i mix all purpose cleaner with my adams car shampoo for the wash? or just straight adams car shampoo?

2.) Which applicators pads should i use? Or should i do this with the Porter Cable? If using the PC which pad should i use? I thought the white pad but am not sure?

3.) After the wash should i put down say Quick Sealant or Brilliant Glaze?

please chime in guys!

1) It depends, are you wanting to STRIP protection via the wash? If so, add the APC. If not, use JUST shampoo.

2) Are you doing a paint correction?? Or just adding protection?? If you're doing a paint correction, use the typical Adams setup. If your just adding protection, use a competitors applicator (I wouldn't let my Adams applicators touch that guys boat, lol) to save yours.

3) Quick sealant for sure. Brilliant Glaze has NOTHING to do with protection, it only adds depth, shine and gloss. Quick Sealant is your barrier of protection.

It sounds like you might be unsure of what products even serve what purpose. It'll help if you research the adamspolishes.com and read up a bit more as to what job each product does.

Honestly man, it sounds like we're unclear (and maybe you are too) as to what the GOALS of this detail are. Is it a paint correction? Just a quick wash & add protection? We can't really help with specific answers until we know more about what you're trying to accomplish. Make sense bro?

Until then, watch the videos for help. Those will answer more of your uncertainties, and clarify some of the missing knowledge. We're to help as well.

Edited by Chase@Adams

okay well thanks for the input he told me he just wanted only the meguiars wax used for a layer of protection as he usually has that done twice a year. When i ask if he wanted me to use some of my own products for better results he said Meg's was all i would need lol i just wasnt sure of the easiest way of going about it since a boat is a little different than a car.