Customer Service 866.965.0400

Anybody Take Their Car to a Track?

DTrem13

Just took my car to the track tonight. It's an 1/8th mile (:() drag strip. Not the best. But it's only 25 minutes away. I wish it was a 1/4 mile strip. I went down twice First race was against a 5.0 Mustang (I won, BARELY) and next was against my buddy's truck (just for fun, but I won.) First time was a 9.76, next was a 9.91. First time too. So I think once I get a good launch down, the time will be better.

I have an 06 Charger R/T, pretty much stock. Except a Mopar CAI and catback exhaust.

Anyone else do this? I think it's a ton of fun.

Post your times or time slips!!

When I put the LS Vette motor in my IS300 I'll let ya'll know what it does ;) This is actually a pretty common mod for the IS crowd and "stock" no mods to the LS block it still pulls solid numbers in the 1/4 mile. But I digress as that is years away from happening..house first, then luxury hotrod!

However Sub'd and I will be doing this the entire time till then :lurk:

we have quite a few up here, I go when my car changes in a performance aspect :D. But due to the changing seasons and elevation perfect times are still a bit off. Last time I was up there I was stock and ran 13.43 as my fastest, which I think corrected to 13.21 or something like that cause of the conditions. After this summer I will hopefully be mid/low 12's, its always a fun time though. Especially when mustangs and camaros see my tailights, they got beat by a 5k pound brick and they get quite mad haha. Going to have a chance to drive a few sub 10 second cars this summer though :D thatl be a blast.

Just took my car to the track tonight. It's an 1/8th mile (:() drag strip. Not the best. But it's only 25 minutes away. I wish it was a 1/4 mile strip. I went down twice First race was against a 5.0 Mustang (I won, BARELY) and next was against my buddy's truck (just for fun, but I won.) First time was a 9.76, next was a 9.91. First time too. So I think once I get a good launch down, the time will be better.

I have an 06 Charger R/T, pretty much stock. Except a Mopar CAI and catback exhaust.

My '04 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP has you beat on the 1/8 (my best = 9.593) but you'll walk me down in the 1/4. The R/T is rather heavy compared to the GTP. I only have an intake plus a few minor handling & appearance mods. A few bolt-ons and I'd make an R/T sweat in the 1/4. I've made 4 passes ever & they have all been in my GTP. I know my car isn't fast. That's why I'm not putting much $ into it. But I love the entire experience of racing. Nothing like a group of people riding out to the track together, the sounds, the smells...good times.

Anyway, my best time is 14.843 @ 93.03.

485358cf-af3a-50d0.jpg

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

My Sky runs a nearly flat 14.00 sec in the 1/4 at Bandimere Speedway in Colorado. The track is at 5,800 feet above sea level. Best estimates is that with the newest mods I have an at sea level I probably run around 13 second. Not bad for a 2.0 liter car.

Incidentally, this summer Adam's is starting a campaign at this same track. We will be there for 7 events this summer. Let's see if we can get speed and shine together. Our next event is on june 3, 2012. Here is a link to the thread.

http://www.adamsforums.com/forums/upcoming-events/18008.htm#post311591

Here is the main event from last week's race. jet cars are always so cool. The video does the evnt no justice becuase you can't feel the entire tower shaking. The Adam's Team were invited into the owner's box during the the final eliminations.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnojtiDo_PE]Jet Cars at Bandimere.wmv - YouTube[/ame]

By 5.0 do you mean new or old? If new then that person REALLY can't drive. I still want to take mine to the track before I sell her but idk if I will get the chance. I definately don't want to break anything.

By 5.0 do you mean new or old? If new then that person REALLY can't drive. I still want to take mine to the track before I sell her but idk if I will get the chance. I definately don't want to break anything.

Older-ish. Probably early 90's or so.

All Charger's are auto. So I don't get the 'fun' of being able to shift. But MAN there were so many people missing third gear, or stalling their cars. I could probably drive stick better than them :lol:

I've taken my SS to the track exactly once. Not in Colorado. I flew up DemoN from SanAntonio, he rode with me back to SanAntonio, and I raced him. He and Dylan are my two closest friends. IT was truly a pleasure to not only run one of my best friends, but also get to take a road trip with him. That was something I won't ever forget. Neither will the SS. Hit a buzzard going 90, I swear it helped my time!

Here is the video of it my closest friend-girl Lisa shot:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1i-r3_9BAo]Demon Vs Mook - YouTube[/ame]

And Here is the video shot my the wife of my buddy Del.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IOqTwEZ-Mw]Mook vs DemoN - YouTube[/ame]

The times: He won 14.225 to 14.226. Both of us, if we race again are certainly faster. I know for sure I have better time if I run like I am now again. I can't stage for crepes!

Once I get the FAST Motorsports Stage II Tranny Kit...I may be a little more open to heading to Bandi.

James, It may be a long time, if ever...but I'M CALLING YOU OUT NOW!

:lol:

Mook

I've taken my SS to the track exactly once. Not in Colorado. I flew up DemoN from SanAntonio, he rode with me back to SanAntonio, and I raced him. He and Dylan are my two closest friends. IT was truly a pleasure to not only run one of my best friends, but also get to take a road trip with him. That was something I won't ever forget. Neither will the SS. Hit a buzzard going 90, I swear it helped my time!

that trip was a great one! the great american beef jerky tour hahahahaha

mook...buzzard. mook? buzzard. mook! buzzard! MOOK!

WHAT??

there a buzza...SMACK!!

And Here is the video shot my the wife of my buddy Del.

mooks all about jacking with your nerves with his 5-minute-fake-out-stage :lolsmack:

he ran with me....but hoenstly, due to my suspension (air leaks) and tracktion issues...the truck would run anywhere from 13.50 to 14.30. i never knew from race to race. i think the truck can touch 12s with someoene that knows how to launch it.

in other words...the chance you will EVER beat me is somewhere between SLIM and NONE.

I've been down the track, but not with any of my vehicles. They're my DD, and I'm not one to chance breaking one of them. I've got nothing to prove, and not enough money to fix what could potentially break. lol

I live 30 minutes from a 1/4 mile drag strip.

Chris

I haven't had a car at the drag strip in so long I'd probably need directions just to find the finish line. But I have run my C5 at Willow Springs Road course and turned in a few at 1.36 1.39, which were really good times for a stock motor and run flats. (This picture was the first time I raced it, second time were better lap times, after 3 days at Bondurant.)

Bruce

bruceracinghisvet.jpg

Love to track my stuff!!! 1/8 mile, 1/4 mile and standing 1 mile top speed events are my addiction!

I'll have to dig up some old pics, vids and timeslips and post them up!

My old NastyZO6 was running 7.05's-7.10's @ 103-105mph in the 1/8 on pure street tires.

Sooooo much fun!

I love going to the track.My best at Great Lakes Dragaway:

1/4 mile - 9.91' :burnout:

Best trap - 141mph

Best 60' - 1.39' (Mickey Thompson Drag Radials 10psi)

Just sticks when things break :mad:

I love going to the track.My best at Great Lakes Dragaway:

1/4 mile - 9.91' :burnout:

Best trap - 141mph

Best 60' - 1.39' (Mickey Thompson Drag Radials 10psi)

Just sticks when things break :mad:

WOW....that's disgusting fast bro:lolsmack:

Not yet but there is a pesky, think he knows everything, thinks he can do no wrong, brown noser seagull here at work. We call him seagull because his always in your business if you have something or even if you potentially have something. Still lives at home in his parents basement at age 32, doesn't feel the need to move out or anything like that AND thinks his parents are going to will him the house. He has an 09 SRT8 Grand Cherokee. I know they are quick, but not that quick. Sure he will probably get me on a launch, but that's about all he will ever get on me after I'm done.

Okay now that I got that out of the way, I'm building mine up to be all motor. Just a nice, healthy N/A build. I'll be able to run with him no sweat and make him worry a bit down the track.

Now my better halfs TBSS, well, it's going to be a SRT8 killer (mainly this guy I work with just to shut him up). All I gotta say is twins ;)

Anyone else take their car to a REAL track??

a "real" track, huh? :lol:

ok.

just because your preference is to road rage your ride doesn't mean it's any more "real" than straight up drag racing. Completely different cars built for completely different goals. Most of your favorite local cars would get slaughtered at almost any weekend event at our local drag strip. as, i'm sure, most of ours would be killed on your track.

100_1640.jpg

my second fastest pass was this race. 13.75 @ 101.