Customer Service 866.965.0400

Anybody Take Their Car to a Track?

DTrem13

Not yet but there is a pesky, think he knows everything, thinks he can do no wrong, brown noser seagull here at work. We call him seagull because his always in your business if you have something or even if you potentially have something. Still lives at home in his parents basement at age 32, doesn't feel the need to move out or anything like that AND thinks his parents are going to will him the house. He has an 09 SRT8 Grand Cherokee. I know they are quick, but not that quick. Sure he will probably get me on a launch, but that's about all he will ever get on me after I'm done.

Okay now that I got that out of the way, I'm building mine up to be all motor. Just a nice, healthy N/A build. I'll be able to run with him no sweat and make him worry a bit down the track.

Now my better halfs TBSS, well, it's going to be a SRT8 killer (mainly this guy I work with just to shut him up). All I gotta say is twins ;)

Hah, I know the type. My wife's boss used to own a Subie STi, was bragging on how great his car was and fast at either (drag or road course) track, and how Corvettes were just big, heavy, ill handling "merican cars. He had it for sale at the time, I told him him if he beat me at Willow Springs I would buy it. He never showed.

Bruce

a "real" track, huh? :lol:

ok.

just because your preference is to road rage your ride doesn't mean it's any more "real" than straight up drag racing. Completely different cars built for completely different goals. Most of your favorite local cars would get slaughtered at almost any weekend event at our local drag strip. as, i'm sure, most of ours would be killed on your track.

100_1640.jpg

my second fastest pass was this race. 13.75 @ 101.

You forgot to quote my wink at then end of my question!

I wasn't trying to diss drag racing. I have lots of respect for the skill it takes to set a good time, which is actually one of the reasons I'm reluctant to try it. Most people in my car club go to the strip every week and I go out there to watch/support them often. Cobalts comparable to mine in terms of mods and HP run high 12s. It's just not my thing. I prefer to drive at the limit for 20 minutes straight rather than wait in line for that long for a 13-second adrenaline rush. But to each his own. Just wondering if anyone else shared my passion. I realize it's not as common here as drag racing, and also road racing gets expensive quickly between the cost of rubber and brakes...

You forgot to quote my wink at then end of my question!

I wasn't trying to diss drag racing. I have lots of respect for the skill it takes to set a good time, which is actually one of the reasons I'm reluctant to try it. Most people in my car club go to the strip every week and I go out there to watch/support them often. Cobalts comparable to mine in terms of mods and HP run high 12s. It's just not my thing. I prefer to drive at the limit for 20 minutes straight rather than wait in line for that long for a 13-second adrenaline rush. But to each his own. Just wondering if anyone else shared my passion. I realize it's not as common here as drag racing, and also road racing gets expensive quickly between the cost of rubber and brakes...

I did a little road racing with a soobie I had for a while......

I have done both and they are totally different, I enjoyed both and it was great!

IMG_3381.jpg

IMG_3537.jpg

IMG_4104.jpg

IMG_4154.jpg

IMG_4712.jpg

We have a nice dragstrip North of town, and I used to go all the time 10 or 12 years ago. My friends and I with our bolt-on, daily driven LT1 Camaros were pushing for 12s but couldn't quite get there with stock cam/heads. I still go as a spectator sometimes, but I haven't owned anything worth racing since 2003. Actually, that's probably not true. On several occasions I've seen folks win bracket races in why-are-they-running-that? cars. Some knucklehead would line up in his stock Corolla or whatever and just floor it when the light went green. No worry about wheelspin or anything, so consistency isn't a problem. He'd be within a tenth or so of his dial-in time every pass (even though it was 20-something seconds) and not worry about breaking out. Pretty clever, but still kind of annoying.

I have probably 400 1/4 mile passes on my car....

Just a 2004 2.2L Cavalier running 12.6 @ 117.... oh yeah and that was the old setup... aiming for 11.5s this year! :)

Yeah I've seen your thread. :bow:

I'd be going back to the track today, but it's gonna rain. Ughhhhh :willy:

I think once I get the traction bars on I'll find a track, maybe have my little bro come down and help pull the cap off the back too. I would like to post some better times, but with another kid on the way, it's hard to justify spending more money on the truck.

I ran once yesterday. Nothing impressive.

ALTHOUGH: There was a Dodge Cummins Diesel (not sure of specs) that ran a 6.9sec @ 104MPH (Yeah you read that right) on a 1/8 mile track.

That thing ran faster than the bikes that were running!! It was absolutely NUTS to see. :burnout: I wish I got it on camera!