Customer Service 866.965.0400

Bought my daughter a 2008 Prius detail q's

Jkrause

Question

So I bought my daughter a 2008 Toyota Prius for her 16th birthday. It looks very nice for 2008 but I'd like to make it as perfect as I can possibly get it by detailing it I've always been a wash it and wax it kind of guy but I like to take it one step further to get this thing looking as perfect as can possibly be for her.

Any good advice would be appreciated I'm not much for power tools and I really don't want to wreck a finish that looks kind of good already but Id like to make it that much better any thoughts.

0d1625c4.jpg

21d9431e.jpg

20 answers to this question

You would not believe how much of a difference it will make in the car once properly detailed. That color paint will pop right out.

If you do not have the correct tools and supplies, maybe there is a local on the adams forums that could assist you.

That looks like Barcelona Red. I love that color. Had a 08 Camry in that color.

But I am sure it needs to meet the ole clay bar for starters.... There are alot of kits you could pick up from Adams that will work for you.

:pc:

Congrats and welcome to Adam's Forums.

That car will shine up nice -- my wife has a 2004 -- in black! -- and I've successfully removed a lot of the swirls and scuffs on that car by using a PC with SHR, FMP and then a coat of Americana. Don't be afraid of using a PC, either -- they're practically idiot-proof. See if there's an Adam's reseller near you and they'll give you a quick demo and hook you up with everything you need to do it right.

And don't let the crowd here give you any grief about the Prius. They really are amazing cars with lots of interior room and usefulness. Anyone who gives you crap is just jealous of the easy 50mpg your daughter will be getting. :2thumbs:

- Rich

p2.jpg

I personally wouldn't go too overboard with it. Your 16 year old has 16 year old friends and having been there, I know they don't give two cares about the paint on a car. I wouldn't spend hours correcting the paint on it when she and her friends could potentially be setting their purses and their butts on the hood and trunk of it.

I'd clay it, hit it with some Revive polish and put a couple of coats of AQS on it. It'll look great, AQS takes a beating and keeps on beading, and you're not out 10+ hours of your life correcting a vehicle.

Chris

I first heard about Adams polishes I don't know maybe 8 or 9 years ago if not more years ago where I met an individual from Adams at a Costco where the product was being shown I was amazed. That being said I'm ready to use the product.

I personally wouldn't go too overboard with it. Your 16 year old has 16 year old friends and having been there, I know they don't give two cares about the paint on a car. I wouldn't spend hours correcting the paint on it when she and her friends could potentially be setting their purses and their butts on the hood and trunk of it.

I'd clay it, hit it with some Revive polish and put a couple of coats of AQS on it. It'll look great, AQS takes a beating and keeps on beading, and you're not out 10+ hours of your life correcting a vehicle.

Chris

Thanks Chris. Remember I'm a total noob when it come to this. Mnt bikes and welding are another story.

The products you reference are they applied via machine or hand

Jeff

Thanks Chris. Remember I'm a total noob when it come to this. Mnt bikes and welding are another story.

The products you reference are they applied via machine or hand

Jeff

Welding huh... My family owns a welding supply distributorship. I know welding... :2thumbs:

All the products I mentioned are hand applied. They'd be perfect for your daughters car.

Check out the videos! Instructional Detailing Videos

Chris

Welding huh... My family owns a welding supply distributorship. I know welding... :2thumbs:

All the products I mentioned are hand applied. They'd be perfect for your daughters car.

Check out the videos! Instructional Detailing Videos

Are you a blue or red guy???? Esab is nice to but I'm partial to the blue

I'd want to wax after the quick sealant right??? Butter or americana??

Edited by Jkrause

Are you a blue or red guy???? Esab is nice to but I'm partial to the blue

I'd want to wax after the quick sealant right??? Butter or americana??

I'm partial to Blue since we're 4 hours from where they're made and I was a service tech for 5 years and they're SO much easier to work on and deal with, but we sell all three. Esab machines AREN'T nice... Esab is MUCH stronger in the South, but we sell a CRAP ton of their filler metals. Lincoln is our largest vendor due to their filler metals and Miller and Victor Technologies (Tweco, Victor, Thermal Arc, and Thermal Dynamics) are about 3rd and 4th. Esab is probably in the top 10, but on the bottom end.

You can wax after the sealant if you like, but there's NO NEED! I don't... The sealant will outlast the Buttery by at least two times, and Americana by maybe 1.5 times. Especially in the heat! Carnuba based products don't like heat.

Chris

Edited by Chewy

Remember I live in phx az. Home Of the 115 degree summers.

Easy as clay bar with detailing spray

Revive polish.

And quick sealant. Cool

Oh yeah! I looked at that and took it into consideration. :thumbsup:

Get some SVRT on the plastic and rubber bits too if you want to keep them fresh.

Watch the videos. There are some really cool tricks that can save you some time and frustration.

Chris

You said she was 16 I don't think she will be to interested but you could try to make it a learning experiment for the both of you and she will have the knowledge and confidence on detailing a car properly on her own. everyone remembers their first car and how much they loved it or hated haha.

Planning on going with the pc and the Adams arsenal very soon. Anyone have any tip about covering up rock chips?? This Prius was a highway traveler

I never understood buying a Prius for highway use.

Dr. Colorchip or Langka for rock chips. Works great!

Nice Beetle!