Customer Service 866.965.0400

Water blade

G8chick

Question

Safe to use without scratching or not a good idea? I work at a dodge dealer and we use them all the time but now that I've spend all that time on my car (which has a soft clear coat I've been told... 09 G8) I don't want to do a single thing that'll scratch it lol

Safe to use without scratching or not a good idea? I work at a dodge dealer and we use them all the time but now that I've spend all that time on my car (which has a soft clear coat I've been told... 09 G8) I don't want to do a single thing that'll scratch it lol

NO WAY! The less you touch the car the better!

There was a thread about this not too long ago, Dylan posted a video where they tested different "quick" methods... an automatic car wash, a hand wash with the water blades, and a car wash with the foaming brushes.

It turned out that the automatic car wash was the best option, followed by the foaming brushes, and lastly the water blades.

Crazy stuff right there

There was a thread about this not too long ago, Dylan posted a video where they tested different "quick" methods... an automatic car wash, a hand wash with the water blades, and a car wash with the foaming brushes.

It turned out that the automatic car wash was the best option, followed by the foaming brushes, and lastly the water blades.

Crazy stuff right there

That's a Fifth Gear Episode.

Crazy stuff right there

Crazy stuff for sure!! Looks like I'm in trouble I use both brush and water blades on the dealer cars. But hey it's quantity over quality here or if be telling them to get me all Adams supplies

Crazy stuff right there

Here's the link to that post: http://www.adamsforums.com/forums/305183-post17.htm

Think about using a squeege on you nice swirl free paint. Think about drawing that squeege down your paint with one tiny grain of grit under the edge. (let alone two or 10..). We don't detail in a vacuum, or in a room with surgical filtered air, so ... That blade will successfully apply maximum pressure on that dust grain - no give there.

And if the paint is very dark, or, BLACK, it will be there waving at you every time you look at it.

At least try a pooling rinse, and then clean Great White drying towels, gently, on the finish.

The dealership cars - they don't really car about swirls, they just don't want a layer of visible dirt on them.

I only use them on the glass.

I use the California Jelly blade "T-blade" design all the time.

If the vehicle has been freshly polished, I'll only use it on the glass.

As for washing non-polished vehicles, I use it all the time.

I just bought 4 of the original jelly blades on eBay, as they're impossible to find since they were discontinued.

The hard handle purple one's are asking for it, as you can very easily lose control and scratch your paint.

* DO NOT waste your money on the new water blades, the "V-blade" design, they absolutely suck! Skip over the paint and glass, horrible.

Edited by Mark L

^^ Funny I have a Jelly Blade that I use only on the glass too. Just to keep hard water marks off the windows.

Otherwise any of the blades on the cars paint is just asking for 6 hours of paint correction again.

I threw all (both) of my blades away after seeing what they did to MY paint. Thank the LORD for the 4" focus pads. I've not used one in 3 years and haven't missed them.

a lot of people say no mainly because if it isnt taken care of, the blade could have impurities and therefore scratch your paint. ive used one but ive kept it maintained, so my thought on this is that if you use detail spray as a lubricant, you should be fine.

The dealership cars - they don't really car about swirls, they just don't want a layer of visible dirt on them.

They cared enough to give me plenty swirls on my 2011 Avalon. If it wasn't for Adam's polishes I would still be mad as all get out.

a lot of people say no mainly because if it isnt taken care of, the blade could have impurities and therefore scratch your paint. ive used one but ive kept it maintained, so my thought on this is that if you use detail spray as a lubricant, you should be fine.

That's not at all why I say no...

I say no because we don't drive or clean our vehicles in a "clean room" environment. There's no real way to get ALL matter off the paint, and taking this tool to it, allows you the chance of grinding any matter still on the car or new to the surface after washing, into the paint.