Customer Service 866.965.0400

Double Soft or Single Soft Question

TR6speed

Question

I need to place an order and was wondering which towels to order. Should I get the double soft or the single soft. My car is not a daily driver ans is usually covered in the garage. I do the Brilliant Glaze followed by the Americana treatment.

15 answers to this question

Looks like you thread title is a cut and paste gone bad, bwahaha.

Double Soft - Extremely thick and soft (I have 4)

Single Soft - Just as soft, and half the thickness if you like feeling the countours of the paint under the towel (I have 22)

Check out the Double or Single Soft poll they did a while back, this will answer all your questions. You should have gotten yesterdays special, it was a killer.

I can't find the thread off hand...but my searching skills aren't that good :)

I think Dave said it well as to the differences! :thumbsup:

I tend to use the single softs on the vette or when buffing off wax by hand. I use the double softs if I use the PC for buffing off the wax/sealant. If doing final detail spray wipe downs at the end of a full detail -- it is a toss up, usually depends on what stack of clean towels has the most.

:cheers:

I rarely use my double softs. I find myself always going to the single softs to buff off any sealant, polish, or wax. Maybe it's because I have more of them than the double softs. But like someone else mentioned, get both and figure out which you prefer.

dbls and singles are for glaze and americana. waterless wash towels are for WW and DS.

I have always used the blue plush towels for detail spray not my blue waffle towels. Those I use for the waterless wash.

I have always used the blue plush towels for detail spray not my blue waffle towels. Those I use for the waterless wash.

You can use plush MF's, like the SS for WW also....sometimes I prefer it. Just depends what type of mood I'm in.