Customer Service 866.965.0400

Road Trip detail necessities

jcarr

Question

Headed on a road trip this weekend to a friends wedding. My wife and I plan to take our Challenger. It's about a 2hr trip one way. No hose that I know of, only a coin wash. We will be gone Friday evening through Monday so I won't beI able to stand not having the car all clean and bugs removed. Limited on space with our dog and luggage. What would everyone recommend as essentials to take.

# of towels-each type, chemicals, tools, etc.....

9 answers to this question

I have had the same kind of tripdreading the filth the road brings. Use caution not to clean without the proper equipment. On my trip I loaded up my detail bag and actually used very little due to fear of scratches.

Ended up using mostly WW to loosen bugs and drove to a coin wash using only water.The attempt to dry was somewhat fulfilling as I tried to use all my gears goin down the highway.

I highly recommend using the Adam's Quick Sealant on the front of your car after you detail it. The bugs just hose or wipe off - never stick. Excellent product.

On road trips, I do the above. No matter where you go, there will be one of those car washes with the hose that you can pop coins into and spray the car off. I always run to one of those first thing. Spray off the car (use soap if you've driven through rain). Take along a wash pad (use if you have to use the soap), a drying towel, and a whole bunch of micros. Detail Spray and Brilliant Glaze are musts for me too. And take along your Sealant to treat again before heading home.

That's about it.

I highly recommend using the Adam's Quick Sealant on the front of your car after you detail it. The bugs just hose or wipe off - never stick. Excellent product.

On road trips, I do the above. No matter where you go, there will be one of those car washes with the hose that you can pop coins into and spray the car off. I always run to one of those first thing. Spray off the car (use soap if you've driven through rain). Take along a wash pad (use if you have to use the soap), a drying towel, and a whole bunch of micros. Detail Spray and Brilliant Glaze are musts for me too. And take along your Sealant to treat again before heading home.

That's about it.

:iagree:

Whenever I road trip, I take the necessities, however I almost always wind up not using them until I get back home because I use a bug screen on the front end of my car. Keeps the bugs off the front end and also keeps them from clogging up the radiator and AC condenser. I have never had one of these do any damage to the paint from rubbing. They just clip onto the fender wells. Now, I'm not saying that bug guts don't get thru the screen..they do, but only in small amounts and its pretty easy to just unclip the screen and WW those areas.

Leaving in the morning. All detailed under cover. I pre-treated with QS to help with bug removal later. Adams bucket with grit guard with the necessities and plenty of towels.

Thanks

J.