Customer Service 866.965.0400

New member from Colorado Springs. One question...

Give us an example such as a pic of your ride and the particular curve you are worried about. For the most part you just have to be more consistent with making sure the pad is always flat and your pressure is steady. Go slow as always...

Welcome! Always good to see another Colorado member!!

If you got the Adam's backing plate, you can simply apply some gentle pressure and the backing plate & polish pad will simply curve with the curves of your vehicle.

Give us an example such as a pic of your ride and the particular curve you are worried about. For the most part you just have to be more consistent with making sure the pad is always flat and your pressure is steady. Go slow as always...

Pretty much the whole car is curved other than the roof panel and front hood...

crip.jpg

Definitely, they work great on the PC. Speed of 4, and it doesnt take alot of polish since the pad surface area is smaller. Watch the videos about scratch removal and the 4" pads. They are crutial to have if you truly plan on polishing everything out.

Car has gorgeous curves, but it's not THAT curvy, that a regular Porter Cable pad couldn't address MOST of the car. However, there are plenty of areas those 4" pads will be much more effective. You're gonna want them anyway at some point.......trust me.....you're gonna want the WHOLE line, lol. Just get 'em, lmao!!! Nice red Italian there sir!!!

Welcome to the forum!

You can check out a video series junkman did on a side of a truck that has a lot of curves that might help you. This link is only Part one...I believe there are 4 parts.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yHQME7dUDU&list=UUvqM4p5XKdXiug656WLmuOg&index=9&feature=plcp]Buffing the Side of Your Car - Part 1 - YouTube[/ame]

The pads compress a little bit when you are using them, so they have a bit more contact than you imagine. Just don't straddle a really hard edge i.e. narrow, or a hard corner, as that is where there is a possibility of wearing the paint there. But no worries. Tape of the door gaps and around logos and badges, etc. as well as the black plastic areas, and you should be good.

You will love how great the paint looks afterwards. And solid red will give you fantastic results.

One word of caution on the 4 inch pads: They expose a gap between the pad and the PC. You may want to wear gloves. If your hand slips and one of your fingers gets in there, it's gonna be a blood bath. Ask me how I know ;-)

Oh and if you have a high-speed drill, the 4-inch pads are a definite must. You can use them as a rotary for the really nasty corrections!

Welcome!

The backing plate we have made just for us, has almost a full inch of flex/pliability to it, to allow you to keep the machine flat when coming over curves. If you are finding you are having problems keeping the machine flat, you may want to pick up the Focus Kit.

I think that kit should be called Brilliant and not Brilliance :lol:

whatever!

One word of caution on the 4 inch pads: They expose a gap between the pad and the PC. You may want to wear gloves. If your hand slips and one of your fingers gets in there, it's gonna be a blood bath. Ask me how I know ;-)

With gloves on you only get a nasty bruise (ask me how I know!)