Customer Service 866.965.0400

SVRT streaking

gencoupe3dot8

Question

25 answers to this question

Oh, man, if I wasn't at work, I'd embed a clip from Old School.

edit: I think I figured out a way

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20g3QIUnOgY]We're Going Streaking! - Old School (3/9) Movie CLIP (2003) HD - YouTube[/ame]

Edited by Tim

Mike are the door panels a matte finish? I know my door panels and dash are different plastics. Different make of car I know ! Maybe some parts of door panel are more porous than others. I get some drips on the outside only when there is serous rain. But I never had streaks like you are showing!

I think the plastic has been stained at some point and maybe at the factory. It just gives me the feeling that there is something on the plastic that will not allow anything to adhere to it.

So no matter what you do you might get that effect.

As mentioned I have a streaking problems with SVRT, looks great going on, but after a few days and a heavy rain or two I get this...

other tips or ideas appreciated...

After a few days and a heavy rain or two my car actually gets dirty again and has water spots! I'm thinking there's a problem with the car wash soap, maybe even the Americana?

All kidding aside. Either try to buff/level it down again with a microfiber towel or reapply it. It is water soluble and is going to be removed somewhat by water. The water isn't going to shed off the car evenly and where it tends to come off more, will remove more SVRT.

Mike I have never SVRT on the difuser before. I wanted to finish up using an old product from Megs that would give it a shine.

This weekend I plan on doing a detail, I will put some SVRT and let you know how it holds up.

Question though, When you applied it, did you put it on thick and buff it off with a MF?

Anthony,

I don't apply I thick, but do wipe with a MF to insure nice even coat. Again looks awesome when it goes on... And for a few days til it rains...

Heavy rains tend to do this over a light rain.

Yep... Pretty common. That's why I don't call SVRT waterproof. It's water resistant. I also see better adhesion to rougher plastic or textured plastic.

A silicon product may not cause as much of an issue, but then you'll have dirt sticking to it like a fly to poo!

Chris

How did u apply the IUS? Block applicator?

next up will be Invisible Undercarriage Spray... but yes.. most likely... for an even coat... the In & Out makes it a little more shiny then I want but that might get knocked down with rain anyway,,,,

Okay, I washed my daughters car Sunday morning. I cleaned the tires with APC and used the fender brush to scrub them. These tires have had nothing on them but SVRT since I picked the car up last October, the tires have also only been cleaned as described.

Late in the afternoon, before the car was moved from the morning washing, I applied SVRT and leveled it with a terry cloth towel. That evening we had a massive thunderstorm and she had the car out.

Monday morning there was streaking of the SVRT on the sidewalls of the tires. However, another simple wipedown with the terry cloth towel and the streaks were gone: what was still there blended fine. Did they look exactly as they did after the SVRT had been applied the day before? No, but they still look better than 99% of the cars on the road right now.

The SVRT isn't like a wax or sealant you apply to the paint that stays for weeks or months, but more of a dressing to finish off the wash job/detail. Time and elements will remove it fairly quickly. You may be expecting too much from the product.

Mike, here are some streaks Left of my difuser after a strip wash/detail. I don't think i had any SVRT on there before the wash.

a3557471.jpg

820452a1.jpg

Here is my disfuser after 100% strip wash with APC and some IUS

7f666272.jpg

5971bfc9.jpg

We'll see how this holds up after a rain fall

Mike sorry for not responding quicker.

I haven't been on here in a while.

from that day when I applied the IUC and posted the pic, I haven't applied anything on my difuser. Today I took a pic of it and it still looks great.

this was from a couple months ago

7f666272.jpg

this was from today...

a43e6bff.jpg