Customer Service 866.965.0400

Storage and use concerns

s_morrison57

Question

I just finished reading Dylans sticky on FAQ about Adam's products and I thought I'd post here for opinions. The freezing problem has me a bit concerned as the local dist. close to me stores his products for sale in his garage and I never noticed a heater, I doesn't really get that cold where I live but sometimes does go below freezing for a few days at a time and I'm going to assume that my stuff hasn't suffered from cold weather, I'm going to move all my stuff inside the house to prevent this. BTW, Glenn, my local dist. is very knowledgable and helped me a lot.:2thumbs:

Now to my real question, after I used each product I replaced the red plastic cap so I'm covered there but was wondering about the product left in the top squirt cap, can this dry out or suffer damage compared to the rest of the product in the bottle? Do you rinse your cap out when your finished with it or squirt out a bit of product before applying fresh stuff to your pad? Am I trying to over think this? Most of my cars see very little use and it may be months between polishes, I just wanted to do the right thing. What does the braintrust think?

Finn

8 answers to this question

There's such a small amount in the top that I wouldn't (and don't) worry about it. It may dry out, and if it does, just soak in warm water and use a wire or something to clean it out.

Don't over think the whole process. It'll drive you crazy. Keeping the products out of extreme hot or cold is a good thing though.

Chris

There's such a small amount in the top that I wouldn't (and don't) worry about it. It may dry out, and if it does, just soak in warm water and use a wire or something to clean it out.

Don't over think the whole process. It'll drive you crazy. Keeping the products out of extreme hot or cold is a good thing though.

Chris

I follow exactly the same thought process.

As far as the freezing goes, sure it may be a concern, here is what I did.

I put most of my stuff inside this last winter and left one bottle of each in the garage to see if it actually froze. It did not. Sure Colorado may be a bit more mild than other places in the middle of winter, but for me there didn't seem tp be a problem. My garage is not heated but is attached to the house and I think there is enough heat coming from the house to keep it from getting terribly cold.

I have had the problem with product drying out in the squirt bottles, and it was simple to just run a wire through the lid and it solved the problem. I've never experienced any other problem with any Adam's products, and I did have a few things freeze once when it got unexpectedly cold before I could get them into the warm. I would not recommend letting any product freeze, and I normally store all my detailing supplies at room temperature and they keep very well.

I have had the problem with product drying out in the squirt bottles, and it was simple to just run a wire through the lid and it solved the problem.

Another solution:

When you have finished with the product for the day, remove the cap with the flip-top up. Now squeeze the 'topless' bottle, and then put the cap back on. Now release the sides of the bottle and it will suck the product out of the cap and back into the bottle. It may take a couple of times to get all the product out of the top.

Another solution:

When you have finished with the product for the day, remove the cap with the flip-top up. Now squeeze the 'topless' bottle, and then put the cap back on. Now release the sides of the bottle and it will suck the product out of the cap and back into the bottle. It may take a couple of times to get all the product out of the top.

Thats a good idea

I have a spray container of WW in my car and a hand full of towels all summer. It gets WELL above 100º in there and WW seems to work great. I sure as heck store the bulk of my products in the basement and my normal use items in one of our laundry room cabinets. (which my boy has found and likes to play with) ugh...